onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Incident.

warrior73

Advert

It's about time Vale stopped this dangerous shooting practice in front of the Bycars. Over the last few years I've seen too many people injured and seats broken.

The ball is hit with such force that you cannot turn away for a second. It's usually youngsters who get smashed on the side of the face but the worse instance I saw was a couple of seasons ago when a Sean Rigg volley knocked out an elderly lady who was walking up the steps just a few feet from me. She was laid out flat. My son and I rushed to help her and I tried to put her mobile back together which she'd dropped. She was very shaken but give Sean his due, he also rushed over and promised the lady his shirt after the match.

This practice is not necessary and needs to stop before bones are broken or worse.

The worst one I've seen was earlier this season, again during the Bycars prematch warmup, where a bloke was sitting with his young son browsing through their programme together and a powerful shot from Hughes smashed him straight in the face. The poor bloke didn't even see it coming or know what had happen he was that dazed and his glasses exploded into pieces all over the place. Could have been really nasty. Something does need to change.

The worst one I've seen was earlier this season, again during the Bycars prematch warmup, where a bloke was sitting with his young son browsing through their programme together and a powerful shot from Hughes smashed him straight in the face. The poor bloke didn't even see it coming or know what had happen he was that dazed and his glasses exploded into pieces all over the place. Could have been really nasty. Something does need to change.

As I don't think the pre-match practice ritual will change, they should ask people to sit elsewhere until the shooting stops.

As I don't think the pre-match practice ritual will change, they should ask people to sit elsewhere until the shooting stops.

Silly comment. Where do you suggest all these people sit? We're not talking about a few seats as the balls are spraying everywhere. The back of the net seems the safest place.

Talking of incidents,what's with the stewards in the Bycars during the second half,4/5 of them looking for someone,young female with dark hair seemed to be directing them ?

She was asking them where some bloke called Grebovale sits. ;)

We've had this problem for years.

I remember sitting in the away end on the last day of the 03/04 season at Rushden and Diamonds, where we had to win and hope that Hartlepool beat Swindon.

I was reading the programme and a pinpoint Andreas Lipa piledriver smacked me in the face. It proper stung.

Why is there this constant belief amongst Vale fans that because something has been like that for years that it's acceptable? I'm not just referring to this incident, but to other things such as catering, merchandise etc.. Too many are are anti-change - must a Stoke on Trent thing.

Why is there this constant belief amongst Vale fans that because something has been like that for years that it's acceptable? I'm not just referring to this incident, but to other things such as catering, merchandise etc.. Too many are are anti-change - must a Stoke on Trent thing.

Agreed, the changes Smurf has brought in show he wants to drag the club into the 21st century.

I'm sure he and Micky won't be averse to this.

Archived