onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Incident.

warrior73

Advert

Talking about shooting at an open goal,did anyone remember a player Rudgie tried to sign in 1993 called Alex Mathie?he was shooting at goal at half-time during a 3 game spell at the vale,he was hitting the target time after time from every distance,people in the paddock were standing and clapping every shot,think Keegan signed him for Newcastle?

We're talking about young unaware kids though, not super-heroes with 360 degree peripheral vision like you obviously have Forevervale.

I'm sure you'd have a more mature and differing opinion if your young child was knocked unconscious.

You are completely missing the point that concerned fans are rightly making. Kids can't have a bottle of Coke with a lid on for safety reasons, but it's okay for them to be smashed in the face by high velocity balls needlessly coming at you from all angles.

I'm not saying I want the bycars wrapped in cotton wool or anything but it's a bit like running the gauntlet when Doddsy is about.

My concern is a kid reading a programme or running around the aisles with their mates or something getting decked by a stray shot.

As I said earlier, the frequency of people in the stand getting twætted by a Vale ball says a lot about the finishing abilities of our players to be honest :D

It's costing a fortune in replacing broken seats as well.:)

We're talking about young unaware kids though, not super-heroes with 360 degree peripheral vision like you obviously have Forevervale.

I'm sure you'd have a more mature and differing opinion if your young child was knocked unconscious.

You are completely missing the point that concerned fans are rightly making. Kids can't have a bottle of Coke with a lid on for safety reasons, but it's okay for them to be smashed in the face by high velocity balls needlessly coming at you from all angles.

Spot on and I was astonished when a steward on Lorne St stopped a lad from kicking a plastic bottle around to REMOVE THE TOP!!!!on Saturday,jobsworth or what:whistling:

I went to Spain, I didn't expect there to be so many spaniards there.

I ordered my steak rare, I didn't expect there to be blood on my plate.

I joined the army, I didn't expect to get shot at.

I sat behind the goal at a football match. I didn't expect players to kick the ball in my direction.

Evening folks.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend todays game due to work commitments. My wife has read on a social networking site that apparently there was an incident today where a group of dancers performing, I assume before kick off,had stones or objects thrown at them by some home fans in front of the family stand resulting in injured children,mainly one child being hit in the eye.

I find this hard to believe and probably exaggerated,just wondering if anyone has information on this?

I sit in the Lorne Street and saw the youngsters dancing, on the track in front of the Bycars, as they have done several times this season. There seemed to be no incident and they went off as normal at the end of half time, one of the organisers chatting to Gavin (Boomer) as they went.

I'd suggest the comments on social networking were misguided at best, damaging at worst. I should be very careful before reposting such comments in future.

I took one in the chops a few years back whilst returning to my seat with a few coffees. Am I supposed to watch out for footballs coming from different directions and carry the coffees safely as well. I was mildly scalded

I do think that nets behind the goals would obviously help. Not needed during the actual game as only one ball and the vast majority will have their eyes on it the vast majority of the time.

Can't they warm up at the away end so only away supporters get smacked in the haad?

**** happens

Archived