onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are we broke?

Angel of Burslem

Advert

we sold 4000 odd season tickets. Our current average attendance is ahead of the required breakeven figure. The club shop revenue to date has exceeded all expectations. Given all that I don't see how we can be "broke".

What I have noticed on here lately is some of "mar mate Bills" cronies being vocal again and now this. It all smacks of the old regime ****stirring

Smurf has obviously spent up to his limit on the budget for the season but I would not interpret this as being ' broke'. With some extra gate money in prospect with the likes of Coventry, Sheffield United, Bradford and Preston likely to bring sizeable followings we should have no cash flow problems during the season.

With ref to the issue of the suggestion that Smurf was looking to remortgage the ground, I questioned the original poster and got a pm back. Hence why I raised the issue to Ally to clarify with Smurf. This was the original pm I got. Please note I've removed the username of the person who sent it.

"Not a bad start on the field. My source tells me of redundancies, remortgaging the ground, not talking to one another since before the season started. One has left from the commercial dept. and one from the finance dept. Adams bled Smurf dry because he was naive. Now he realises how much it costs to run the club he wants out. Watch this space but please keep my identity to yourself. Regards mate. It isn't nice getting these rumours but I know Smurf reads this forum and I want him to respond"

Re-mortgaging the ground? I seem to remember Smurf/P.Wildes saying that the club owes no money and will remain to be DEBT FREE.

Best to disregard rumours and internal politics and support the valiant efforts of the team.

The display at Leyton Orient goes some way to proving that they will not struggle to survive in L 1.

Gary Benson i have just read on your site that are saying that i am blaming 'your' site PVO for this......'Jimmy ****er'.....Where did i blame PVO......I said people on PVO AND OVF were both to blame....Get your ****ing facts right OR ring or contact me by Email.....I have backed you up on this site recently EVEN on our trip to Orient yesterday.......Two-faced comes to mind or is it attention seeking on your PVO site.......:rolleyes:

Chill Jimmy :), we all love the Club mate, so not worth falling out with other posters on other forums mate. Likewise I received about 2-3 weeks ago and kept to myself, other than raising to Ally. Its Smurfs club to do what he wants, however that doesn't mean, we can't be concerned about how it's been run. The initial reason it was raised to Ally, was to see if she could clarify before it got out of hand, as obviously she is a lot closer to Smurf through the Supporters club.

When I saw this thread last night, I thought it was better out in the open as obviously the other fans have got the same concerns, Hopefully now, it can all be cleared up and we can all get back to supporting the Club.

As regards Gary on PVO, I've made my views on that one mate, yes he can be a misog at times, but just like the rest of us, he loves the Club and is only concerned with its Wellfare, just like you. In fairness to him, whilst he has raised issues about Norman direct to him, he also has spent a lot of time defending the bloke and critising Wildes for leaving Smurf in the ****.

Yes and i got the same message by 'someone' asking me to post it also AND i refused about a month ago.......And Andy you and your mates on PVO moan about Smurf and his participation in Social Media want him to respond......HOW, i suggest you pop up to Vale Park and put these questions to him.......'Adams bled a naive Smurf dry' on WHAT.....:laugh:.The majority of Smurfs money has been spent on purchasing and developing our ex Bankrupt Club......You my friend are firing someone with a BIG grudge against Adams's and the Club's bullets mate.......:rolleyes:

To be honest Jimmy.... I dont think people should be able to pop up the club and ask... there should be contact details available and someone to respond to the contacts made... all this nipping up the club.... going for a chat... twitter... going down the crown for a word etc is one of the things we rightly criticised bratt about.... its unprofessional and causes more problems than its worth.

As for the other stuff about being bled etc is just cack.... I have a horrible feeling he has people working for him who dont have his best interests at heart.... but I could be wrong

Smurfs attendance target for this season: 6,500

Our average attendance so far this season: 8,917

Granted our average attendance been swelled by the 4,000+ Wolves away following the other week but the Vale fans are also turning up in higher numbers than expected. Playing at a higher level will see higher away followings which is more money for the Vale for home games and exactly what we need. Coventry will probably bring around 2,500 next week aswell in a probable 8,500 gate.:yes:

We have sold around 4,600 season tickets for the season which is a healthy and more than respectable figure; especially considering that it was significantly higher than this time last season.

New Club Shop looks impressive and sales have gone well by all accounts. Smurf has already stated that he has already cancelled contracts with Companies who were paying next to nothing for advertising space at Vale Park during the tenure of the old regime.:shutup: Now Companies wanting to advertise will are paying decent and respectable amounts for advertising space and Vale are bringing in steady revenue streams from this area.

Keep up the good work Smurf; you're doing a great job!:yes: He inherited a complete and utter shambles from 10 years of neglect, dire mis-management and abysmal decision-making from the regime of the Bratt pack. Rome wasn't built in a day; lots of things need to be improved and with the help of the fans to generate funds Smurf can prove to the Football League we can bring in a couple more new players if needs be.

Chill Jimmy :), we all love the Club mate, so not worth falling out with other posters on other forums mate. Likewise I received about 2-3 weeks ago and kept to myself, other than raising to Ally. Its Smurfs club to do what he wants, however that doesn't mean, we can't be concerned about how it's been run. The initial reason it was raised to Ally, was to see if she could clarify before it got out of hand, as obviously she is a lot closer to Smurf through the Supporters club.

When I saw this thread last night, I thought it was better out in the open as obviously the other fans have got the same concerns, Hopefully now, it can all be cleared up and we can all get back to supporting the Club.

As regards Gary on PVO, I've made my views on that one mate, yes he can be a misog at times, but just like the rest of us, he loves the Club and is only concerned with its Wellfare, just like you. In fairness to him, whilst he has raised issues about Norman direct to him, he also has spent a lot of time defending the bloke and critising Wildes for leaving Smurf in the ****.

I don't need to chill....I am telling Benson to get his facts right about me........Blaming his site.......I will say it again.....Members of BOTH sites are to blame for stirring the ****......FACT.

Archived