onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lines

Seamus O'Wye

hes got all the talent but he needs to be more physical and track back alot more, but I suppose if he did everything he wouldn't be playing for port vale, adams will try to get the best out of him like has done with other players

I think the player who needs to track back a bit more is Griff.In the Wolves game I noticed Lines had a couple of runs into their box and looked confident doing it.I'd sooner he be doing that than doing someone else's job.I'm a bit surprised he hasn't featured in the last 2 games and Griff has to be honest.

Advert

I think the player who needs to track back a bit more is Griff.In the Wolves game I noticed Lines had a couple of runs into their box and looked confident doing it.I'd sooner he be doing that than doing someone else's job.I'm a bit surprised he hasn't featured in the last 2 games and Griff has to be honest.

Im not, Lines set pieces have been rubbish even though hes some set piece maestro (do we not practice these in training????)

Also, he isnt dominating the midfield or running the show with his passing ability like he is supposed to do, i havent seen him come short for a ball from the back line in over 5 games now.

But Lines hasn't played one single killer ball yet (bar a few good set pieces). I think this is more a kick up the **** for him to be honest. He is clearly our most talented midfielder but I get the impression he knows that and has swanned around the pitch a bit to much so far.

Remind me who crossed the ball for Pope against Wolves? :rolleyes:

I see that Ryan Burge is now at Newport County. I thought he'd be better than that, but they have dosh. Is Lines better than Burge? I don't think so, but I'd rather have a settled dressing room.

:doh: Burge was grossly overrated, whereas Lines has proven himself at a much higher level than Burge will ever play.

Remind me who crossed the ball for Pope against Wolves? :rolleyes:

If you class a cross as a killer ball than fair enough, he played one. In the case Yates plays loads of killer balls.

I was thinking more along the lines (no pun intended!) of a defence splitting through pass.

:doh: Burge was grossly overrated, whereas Lines has proven himself at a much higher level than Burge will ever play.

To be fair Lines couldn't get a game in the league above. He was a regular in the Sheff Weds team that got promotion from league 1 and for this reason you'd like to think he has something in him. He has played poorly in every single match for us so far though and really needs to step up, assist against wolves when 3-0 down or not

• 3 weeks later...

Just been reading Guppy 4 England & Sandyford Valiants comments on Chris Lines.

Both of you should be embarrassed.

Watch his free kick from today.

Remember his delivery for 2 of the goals against Coventry.

Too many so called fans slag a player off after they have played hardly any games.

Chris Lines is quality-end of.........................

To be honest Lines has quality in abundance and it was only a matter of time before he came into his own. We should be looking at offering a new deal before the jan transfer window to prevent him getting his head turned come the summer. I'm impressed that Birchall is being used as players with experience like him are the ones who will be very important this year. I still think theres more to come from Mohammed especially with jones behind him. The player that needs to be dropped is Tomlin

Archived