onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lines

Seamus O'Wye

I watch the match, I've seen all of them and tell me which games he's starred in?

We've won 1 game, it's not good enough. I was expecting him to be a box to box player with energy but he just sits too deep and create nothing.

Another reason we don't score goals because him and Griffith will not create many goals.

Last season we had Vincent and myrie Williams chipping in with goals, this season we look like no goals are going come from wide.

Another 3 conceded today it's not good enough.

Carlisle is a huge game

So who would you suggest as an alternative in the middle - Shuker? Birchall?

Advert

I watch the match, I've seen all of them and tell me which games he's starred in?

We've won 1 game, it's not good enough. I was expecting him to be a box to box player with energy but he just sits too deep and create nothing.

Another reason we don't score goals because him and Griffith will not create many goals.

Last season we had Vincent and myrie Williams chipping in with goals, this season we look like no goals are going come from wide.

Another 3 conceded today it's not good enough.

Carlisle is a huge game

I haven't said he has starred in any(for what its worth I think Yates has been top dog in a few),I just think there is more to his game,he can certainly pass and put in a decent dead ball(which I believe has created a couple of goals),so he can create things,its the whole team not just one player.

I agree about the goals from out wide but just to add,i don't think Vincent can get in Cheltenhams team so enough said with that one,my big worry is that we cant bring in fresh faces to change it around a bit.

Guest TommyMac
How can lines dictate a game when we constantly hit long aimless balls to no one? Are style of play does not suit lines its that simple! We can't keep the ball its hopeful and boring to watch. Wolves 3 goals today came from good build up play , passed the ball arond with ease like evey team we have played so far this season. I just hope we have enough to stay up.

Exactly. Apart from Hughes and Lines our players are like statues. There is sod all movement off the ball. They make it so easy to be marked out of the game.

This is nothing new, it's been the same since Adams has been at the club. I constantly hear Adams and Grew talk about getting the ball into the box and that's what they do, usually from the half way line.

Every game the same and we took the **** out Stoke for playing hoofball. It's boring, one dimensional and isn't working.

Hope Lines picked up some tips by watching Kevin McDonald for them. I thought he was the difference yesterday.

He should have made a difference at £800,000!

Lay off Lines, he's fast becoming the latest boo-boy and its not justified at at all. This type of player is only effective if his team mates are clever enough to react to his flicks and passes, but sadly most of the time they just stand around watching him. A lot of his time is wasted covering for other players caught out of position.

Yates!! All he does when he wins the ball is hoof it into the opposition penalty area. He never even looks up to see who he's passing it to. Complete waste of time.

What were you watching?Yates was vales best player first half.Vale showed them too much respect early doors and panicked on the ball.

Yates and Loft were Vales best 2 players and ive been critical of them both in the past. Positives from the game are that on another day with abit more luck we would have beat a team whose players earn 7/8 times more than the vale, the boys look committed and showed desire. Negatives are Mickys tactical decisions, the morons causing trouble again and most of all Tom Pope playing games with about as much energy as a Sloth on tranquilizers.

Damn right, without this lad in the team at this level we will create nothing, he has the best set piece delivery since Guppy its just a shame none of the other Vale players have the football brain he has, he must look around him and think why the hell did I join Vale.

You can use that excuse for every player that doesn't perform. The facts are that he has been ineffective at best in every single game so far. If he can't find a way to perform at this level then he has a problem. Isn't he our highest wage earner? Either way he needs to stand up and be counted

Exactly. Apart from Hughes and Lines our players are like statues. There is sod all movement off the ball. They make it so easy to be marked out of the game.

This is nothing new, it's been the same since Adams has been at the club. I constantly hear Adams and Grew talk about getting the ball into the box and that's what they do, usually from the half way line.

Every game the same and we took the **** out Stoke for playing hoofball. It's boring, one dimensional and isn't working.

The comparison with how stoke played under Pulis is spot on! We can't string 3 passes toghter to feet, without someone smashing it long. We even have a long throw which nothing happens then are center half could get caught out on the break. Poor football poor tactics. poor results.

^Playmakers are the type of position needing most time to adapt to a new team.

He have to find out where all his team mates wants the ball. Coming November, December. He will have it all figured out, and we will have more flow going forward. The small details is important. Some players wants the ball to feet, another with his back to goal. The third has a quick turn and wants it standing with his back to goal and wants the ball into space just as he turns. Adding different running patterns to be aware of, it's a lot of small details to learn before it all gels in and gets automatic.

^Playmakers are the type of position needing most time to adapt to a new team.

He have to find out where all his team mates wants the ball. Coming November, December. He will have it all figured out, and we will have more flow going forward. The small details is important. Some players wants the ball to feet, another with his back to goal. The third has a quick turn and wants it standing with his back to goal and wants the ball into space just as he turns. Adding different running patterns to be aware of, it's a lot of small details to learn before it all gels in and gets automatic.

Seems the thread starter has gone into hiding,lines was the thread title,I think you should do some lines I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT 1000 times.

...Not been in hiding at all. Started the thread, went back to the pub, had a good meal, more good ale, came home and went straight to bed, got up about 8, fed the cats, went for a game of golf, spent time in the clubhouse, came home and cooked a proper roast beef dinner/tea, watched Arsenal-Spurs on and off... and then turned the computer on. If that is being "in hiding," then I'll take that every weekend, thanks!

What a stupid post. Are you thick?

...I suppose that whether I'm "thick" or not depends on who you use as a comparison. Compared to people such as Aristotle, Socrates, Einstein, Newton, Ghandi, Hawking, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc, then I might be considered 'thick.' Even Simon Cowell might be considered intelligent - he's certainly been clever enough to make his millions!

On the other hand, compared to some other people, I might be considered to be intelligent, having spent the last 40 years educating myself and others. Whether I am "thick" or "intelligent" compared to you, I have no idea...I suppose it depends on what 'level of thickness' or 'intelligence' you rank yourself at. Cheers.

Archived