onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oldham 3 - Port Vale 1

Caz or caz123

Same old problem I'm afraid 2 quick front players and were all at sea. Yates didn't mark his winger hardly at all everyone hung off them scared of their pace. A 40 yard ball to left winger first time cross = goal. Mohammed I'm afraid is a luxury MA must play him because he can win the ball in the air.

However the one glaring thing that came out of today are the back up players are **** poor and given the bookings the ref gave us today we will get hammered when suspensions come around.

We look good the first half and had most of the possession - please God give Pope a goal he really needs it.

Advert

Also Adams sounded like a complete **** in his interview.

Interviewer - Micky how do you feel, 3-1 to Oldham

MA - Oh, was that the score? Well done.

Do you think a manager needs reminding of a losing score? Surely sarcasm at the interviewer by MA. MA is not a PR person, he relaxes after a win, but is sparky after a defeat. That is his character, it doesn't make him a good or a bad manager.

I despair of many of the fans on here. Yes Tom isn't playing on top of his game but when one goes in I'm sure that he will stick some of the barbed comments that have been made about him over the last few days right down their throats. Tom still gave 100% effort today. The time to judge our top goalscorer is when the wingers do what they are supposed to do ie hit decent quality crosses in from the bye lines.

Goals change games and if we had scored any of the chances before half time (not just the penalty) then I think we would have gone on to win. Conceded some really poor goals for a professional team. Not blaming the ref, but how he bottled the second penalty is beyond me.

On a brighter note, Dan Jones was a cut above anybody else on the pitch today. Sheffield Wednesday must have a good left back as jones is definitely good enough for championship (even with an ineffective Mo playing in front of him!)

I despair of many of the fans on here. Yes Tom isn't playing on top of his game but when one goes in I'm sure that he will stick some of the barbed comments that have been made about him over the last few days right down their throats. Tom still gave 100% effort today. The time to judge our top goalscorer is when the wingers do what they are supposed to do ie hit decent quality crosses in from the bye lines.

OS I agree with your sentiment but Pope has had some decent service in the last two games and has missed chances. Whilst I won't get on his back, should this continue he will lose his place in the side.

Goals change games and if we had scored any of the chances before half time (not just the penalty) then I think we would have gone on to win. Conceded some really poor goals for a professional team. Not blaming the ref, but how he bottled the second penalty is beyond me.

On a brighter note, Dan Jones was a cut above anybody else on the pitch today. Sheffield Wednesday must have a good left back as jones is definitely good enough for championship (even with an ineffective Mo playing in front of him!)

Spot in with that my old China

Pope looked uninterested today. Lazy and petulant.

And this season, when it matters, Pope is not our top scorer. Loft is.

He can't play all game every game based on previous form.

You really will not have anything bad said against him will you owd?

You even refer to him as "Our Top Goalscorer"

Not this season he isnt.

He needs to buck his ideas up. As do others. As does the manager.

what are you doing, were you watching the same game, i didnt see pope move today, taking hughes off was completely the wrong decision, it should of been pope, this year he has been useless, we cant keep giving him chance after chance over last years form, give the others like willo and tomlin a go, we havent played without pope since the bill bratt days

Pope looked uninterested today. Lazy and petulant.

And this season, when it matters, Pope is not our top scorer. Loft is.

He can't play all game every game based on previous form.

Surely he deserves our patience. I never saw him acting petulant. What I saw was a guy whose form is being affected and is it any wonder when he has fans making silly comments and his manager casting doubts about Tom with inuendos. Remember this without Tom we would have missed out on promotion last season because while many of the squad struggled the front two still got 20 goals in the last 19 games.

If you think the service to Tom and Lee has been good this term all I can say is you must be dreaming.

When was the last time that Tom had a cross served to him like the one that gave them their first goal today?

what are you doing, were you watching the same game, i didnt see pope move today, taking hughes off was completely the wrong decision, it should of been pope, this year he has been useless, we cant keep giving him chance after chance over last years form, give the others like willo and tomlin a go, we havent played without pope since the bill bratt days

No and we haven't looked back either since then have we????

Archived