onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How do they manage?

werstayinup

I know I will seem dumb here(for a change) but we have been stopped from signing players through the fair play thingy and I know some teams get around it with the owner sponsoring something BUT how the hell are Coventry paying players etc with a crowd of 2,000 and season ticket sales at around 200:unsure:,then there is Crawley who were under an embargo a month ago but it has now been lifted,so what changed there:unsure:.

It would be nice to know how we are doing in regards to our embargo as imo the fans are doing what was asked and backing the club so far by spending in the shop etc.,sadly I still think we need another CB and CM.

Advert

You only have to look at Brentford & Orient both have gates significantly less than ours yet larger wage bills. Either commercially they do a better job or what they're doing is unsustainable.

How do you know this? Do you work for the Inland Revenue or something?

You only have to look at Brentford & Orient both have gates significantly less than ours yet larger wage bills. Either commercially they do a better job or what they're doing is unsustainable.
Brentford are sitting on a goldmine, to be a residential estate at London prices.

Here is what i dont understand....

At the last SC, Smurf said he would quite happily put in an extra 10k a month to pay for an extra players wages but the FL will not allow him.

If that is the case then what is stopping him buying the naming rights to the ground?

Why not pay 120k a year to call Vale park.... Vale Park?!

He gets to put in the extra he wants.

The club gets extra money.

The ground has a 12 month naming rights contract!

Vale Park stays Vale Park and the club gets money.

Everyones a winner!

Or he could buy 500 season tickets and give them away somehow, but why should he ?

Nobody is saying he should.

He does have the cash available though and has stated he would fund it further but can't.

Like The Master says, if he wants to put the extra in then surely their are loopholes.

Everyone is asking the question of how other teams with lower attendances than ours can have double the budget etc.

I suspect its because they have chairman throwing money at it through loopholes in the system.

Christ almighty - people on here are advocating looking for financial loop holes - Why not phone Lemon and ask if we could hire him to tell smurf some loop holes - or that b'stard Bratt - sure he knows a few well trodden sideways moves.

Oliver could be a good number to call for some inspiration. Or best of all and ask directory enquiries for the toe rag miller who is allegedly keeping a low profile . Oh how short your memories are

If we start down the loop hole track where will it end ? ..... as always in tears.

Yet again, people are missing the point.

The OP asks how do other clubs manage.

The answer is that there are ways and means to beat the system.

One particular way would be like the master said, or like another poster said in regard to buying 500 STs and giving them away.

Norman has stated he could und it further but is restricted.

Nobody has suggested he put the club in jeopardy, hell, its his money.

Nobody has suggested we go breaking rules.

And yes, there are rules in place to HOPEFULLY stop clubs going bump.

That being said, clubs will find a way around it if they want to and that is seemingly what is happening at the minute.

All that was mentioned is that Norman stated he would put in an extra 10 k a month. Its not a loan. Hes willing to do it. So find the loophole.

Other clubs are doing it for sure.

Its not a loan or anything ridiculous like under Bratty and co.

I dont suggest for one minute putting the club in jeopardy but when your chairman would gladly throw anoth 10k a month at it, not in a loan i may add, then surely he can get around it.

Im sure many other chairman do.

Yet again, people are missing the point.

The OP asks how do other clubs manage.

The answer is that there are ways and means to beat the system.

One particular way would be like the master said, or like another poster said in regard to buying 500 STs and giving them away.

Norman has stated he could und it further but is restricted.

Nobody has suggested he put the club in jeopardy, hell, its his money.

Nobody has suggested we go breaking rules.

And yes, there are rules in place to HOPEFULLY stop clubs going bump.

That being said, clubs will find a way around it if they want to and that is seemingly what is happening at the minute.

All that was mentioned is that Norman stated he would put in an extra 10 k a month. Its not a loan. Hes willing to do it. So find the loophole.

Other clubs are doing it for sure.

Its not a loan or anything ridiculous like under Bratty and co.

I dont suggest for one minute putting the club in jeopardy but when your chairman would gladly throw anoth 10k a month at it, not in a loan i may add, then surely he can get around it.

Im sure many other chairman do.

Patience, it is his money, give him time, there is no rush. I am only interested in the Vale, not what other clubs do, Cov, Pompey, the list is endless.

Patience, it is his money, give him time, there is no rush. I am only interested in the Vale, not what other clubs do, Cov, Pompey, the list is endless.

And again, youre missing the point.

I couldnt care less whether or not he pumps more money in. Could. Not. Care. Less.

However, he stated he would gladly put in an extra 10k a month. FACT.

My point being, if he wanted to, he could. Someway. Anyway. Find a loophole.

It wouldnt hinder the club as its not a loan.

In no way whatsoever am i suggesting he throw millions at it and then we are in **** street.

I will not lose sleep over it either way but the opening poster is asking how other clubs manage. Im just stating that if he wants to, Norman could find a way of putting more money in. Money he said, at a supporters club meeting he would be willing to put in.

Do you understand my point now?

Archived