onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ATTENDANCE FIGURE v BRENTFORD

Denry Machin

To be honest seeing the que's outside a group of us commented that it looked like there was going be over 10,000, then we got in a saw the wilderness of the Bycars. It really does look embarrassing how empty it looks.

Perhaps we need to encourage more fans to go in the Bycars by introducing special deals?

Advert

There are a lot of conflicting figures about the capacity of Vale Park. It used to be about 23,000 even before the Lorne St was redeveloped.

The latest figures are as follows:

Lorne Street 2500

Hamil Rd 4500

Bycars 4000

Railway Stand 3700

Railways Paddock 3800

Add to that another 2500 in the new Family Stand.

Then consider the OLD Family Stand (which my guess is that it is not included in any of the above)

Lastly you have all the boxes and the directors area.

Using the above figures (taken from the current Vale website) the capacity is now 18,500 plus boxes, directors and family stand which should push it over 19,000.

When the new Family Stand opens we will be looking at over 21,500.

Many on this thread are stating they believe that current finished and seating part of the Lorne Street to be 2,500.

I don't believe this to be the case. I remember reading in the Sentinel a few years ago that the finished part of the Lorne Street currently holds 1,600. Not 2,500. Despite the grand designs of it being a '5,000 seater stand' once completed way back in the late 1990s. However; total overall capacity of Lorne Street Stand will be 3,200 once finished.

Bycars holds more than 4,000. More like 4,600-4,800. Railway Stand (Paddock & Stand combined); comes to about 7,500, thus bringing the current capacity of Vale Park to around 18,900 once you include the away end.

From up in the heavens I had to say I thought the attendance was around 6,853 (my guess if I remember right) so I was quite surprised it was as high as it was.

There was loads of room in the Railway Paddock at the end we weren't attacking. and there was a surprisingly large number of empty seats in the Lorne street.

However, on the basis a lot of people are on holiday, and with Bradford and Wolves to come I expect an average for the three to be in 5 figures which is amazing indication of our club's potential and will create a great atmosphere with the away ends well populated. - Then its Coventry in September isn't it? and when you weigh up all the other local matches with good away followings (anyone notice that Oldham took a hell of a lot to Stevenage) our season average will be way above the 6,500 Norman has budgeted for.

If your desperate to show a higher income to increase your budget you dont deflate the gate.... you would inflate it surely.

I have seen nothing to suggest smurf would be inclined to falsify records... in fact quite the opposite.

Perhaps some of us are so used to the dodgy dealing suggested of previous owners we find it difficult to believe an owner who does what it says on the tin...

Bring on the Wolves,Bradford will bring a few so get the Balti pies in 8000 plus gates are coming.

It'll b interesting to see what the crowd will be v Wolves, they took 5,000 to Preston. I'm sure there won't be many spare seats in the house... I'd suggest the club get the tickets on sale at the weekend to avoid the ridiculous scenes of last weekend.

Archived