onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blown away?

geosname

Advert

Oh that will upset him. Amazing that throughout the carnage of V2001, rampant Zebra defended them until the end. Now we are rid of them and in a far, far better position, he's always having a moan. Anyone would think being proven to be so spectacularly wrong has left a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

I deliberately ignored the comment because I didn't want to drag it back to all that negative stuff when we are supposed to have moved on. Incidentally, I find it interesting that when V2001 announced yearly losses it was deemed a disaster but when the Smurf announced we were going to lose half a million this year no-one batted an eyelid. Although it is his money to lose of course. But you can have your opinion if you like, I am just planning to enjoy visiting new away grounds next season. Looking forward to the Newcastle Town game too as the first chance to see our new signings in action. Should be a nice sunny day and hopefully the ice cream van will be on form.

Chris 84

Whilst you may genuinely believe what you are posting is correct please remember it is only fact in your mind and someone else's mind may differ.

However, what doesn't differ is the power of debate and IMHO you would be very wise in getting the bugler to sound the retreat whilst you still have some dignity before Jacko really rips you apart.

I deliberately ignored the comment because I didn't want to drag it back to all that negative stuff when we are supposed to have moved on. Incidentally, I find it interesting that when V2001 announced yearly losses it was deemed a disaster but when the Smurf announced we were going to lose half a million this year no-one batted an eyelid. Although it is his money to lose of course. But you can have your opinion if you like, I am just planning to enjoy visiting new away grounds next season. Looking forward to the Newcastle Town game too as the first chance to see our new signings in action. Should be a nice sunny day and hopefully the ice cream van will be on form.

Are we £500k in debt? Did we lose £500k or was that extra he spent? Massive difference. V2001 were losing money at a rate they couldn't manage which took us into admin and with nothing to show for it. smurf made a decision to speculate to accumulate. A decision that got us promoted thanks to the likes of Hughes arriving. To compare the two again speaks volumes.

Goodlad was quality. Neal is good dont get me wrong alot better than Anyon,Martin,Tommo but Goodlad was at another level. Mcphee actually scored 14 goals first season about 6 second then 27 in his last season here. The players you mention above like Sagi Burton he still was better than Chilvers,Purse. Bridge wilkinsons another level to any midfielder we have now. lan Armstrong was way better than Dodds and Rigg, Vincent. Brooker yes we paid 12 grand for wow Bill Bratt even paid 30 grand for Luke Rodgers and Constantine.

Are we £500k in debt? Did we lose £500k or was that extra he spent? Massive difference. V2001 were losing money at a rate they couldn't manage which took us into admin and with nothing to show for it. smurf made a decision to speculate to accumulate. A decision that got us promoted thanks to the likes of Hughes arriving. To compare the two again speaks volumes.

Whatever!

Goodlad was quality. Neal is good dont get me wrong alot better than Anyon,Martin,Tommo but Goodlad was at another level. Mcphee actually scored 14 goals first season about 6 second then 27 in his last season here. The players you mention above like Sagi Burton he still was better than Chilvers,Purse. Bridge wilkinsons another level to any midfielder we have now. lan Armstrong was way better than Dodds and Rigg, Vincent. Brooker yes we paid 12 grand for wow Bill Bratt even paid 30 grand for Luke Rodgers and Constantine.

Sagi Burton was, in my opinion, no better than Clayton McDonald. Stephen McPhee was so good he scored 10 goals in the 6 years after he left Vale. Ian Armstrong was so good he left Vale and became a postman if I recall correctly. I very much suspect that the players you seem to idolise were those you saw when you were a young lad and thought every one in a white shirt was a god. They weren't ............. in my opinion of course!

By the way, we paid £15K plus a sell on for Brooker. ;)

Andy Jones jean or Jacko who ever you are the posts will rip me apart?? I don't think so Neal better than Goodlad that is simply laughable . Did you go Spurs away? Another level.

Of course I went to Spurs away. That is probably the most stupid question you have ever asked. Did you go Wrexham away when he got sent off?!! Goodlad was a good shot stopper but did not command his area and suffered from the Mark Grew disease of spending too much time stuck on his line. That's just my opinion of course.

I'm going to ring your Mum in Spain and get her to sort you out! :razz:

Of course I went to Spurs away. That is probably the most stupid question you have ever asked. Goodlad was a good shot stopper but did not command his area and suffered from the Mark Grew disease of spending too much time stuck on his line. That's just my opinion of course.

I'm going to ring your Mum in Spain and get her to sort you out! :razz:

There is no way in a million years its that Chris Jean !

Archived