onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blown away?

geosname

Advert

Brammer was brought in the championship so wrong again.

Please point out where you specified you were only talking about the time spent in league one under Horton, and not the time, and £1m, he spent in the Championship

Your exact words " We were signing better players under Horton we no money"

Well George i was clearly on about league 1 because were in league 1 now. So come on then george name me 1 player Micky has signed thats than better than the ones i said above??

Given the fact I haven't seen any of them play yet I can't really answer that one. I'd never heard of McPhee or Bridge Wilkinson before we signed them.

Also, the time period you are talking about, we had just been relegated from the Championship. We were one of the supposed big boys in league one. This time we've just been promoted from the basement division. We're relative small fry compared to a lot of teams.

Better standard of signings?? We were signing better players under Horton we no money. But now with a bit of money in league 1 we are signings two 30 year old wingers from ****ing Cheltenham and Southend. People need to wake up if we dont make 3 to 4 quality signings then bye bye league 1.

Better signings than I have ever seen, in my years as a Vale fan.

Horton brought 5 players upon his arrival for a combined £590,000 (Dave Brammer, Tony Butler, Carl Griffiths, Alex Smith and Chris Allen.)

If that constitutes 'no money' then surely Yaya Toure should be on our radar now we have 'a bit of money'?

League 1 Hagrid how many more times. If i was on about the championship i would say John Rudge.

Maybe you need to work on your communication skills? You seem to be confusing a lot of people.

For the record, Rudge also managed us in league one, so you could also you that as a comparison. You don't have to limit it to Horton v Adams.

The vale have been with me since 1958... there have been ups and downs and almost over and done withs... things have improved dramatically over the past year.... like I said above, Im an old campaigner, signing messi and beckham wouldnt blow me away but 11 anybodies wearing the shirt and playing like they did at the start of last season will impress me... hit the ground running and show them we mean business... that will impress me.... just my opinion of course

just think geo we could have been standing side by side on't hamil end eating those bluddy awful hot dogs.,

Ok Aspins revenge Gary Roberts gone Chesterfield top player better than anything we have. Devita got also released from Swindon theres 2 for starts.

Spot on, he is class compared to Griff. Dave Kitson who's gone to Oxford aswell. That Tomlin who we have signed is sounds very similar to Justin Richards. We need way more quality imo

Ok Aspins revenge Gary Roberts gone Chesterfield top player better than anything we have. Devita got also released from Swindon theres 2 for starts.

Do you know the sort of wages they would require?? Also how come no other League One side has Roberts as their signing?

Maybe you need to work on your communication skills? You seem to be confusing a lot of people.

For the record, Rudge also managed us in league one, so you could also you that as a comparison. You don't have to limit it to Horton v Adams.

Am i thats a shame. So didnt you watch Tomlin and Mohammed at Vale last season? I cant remember tomlin but mo did rip yates apart but that isn't hard is it. The fact is most of all Hortons signings in LEAGUE 1 GEORGE are better than any player we have now. Goodlad or Neal? Sam Collins or Chilvers? George Pilkington or Robertson? Bridge wilkinson or Loft? Briscoe or Griff? Mcphee or Pope? Brooker or Williamson. Briscoe might of been when we were in the championship from Man City.

Archived