onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blown away?

geosname

Advert

McPhee over Pope, any day. Totally different players, and McPhee did it against better opposition. Tony Naylor over Pope also, again against better teams in a higher league. Tony Naylor or McPhee, now thats a good question.

Tricky to compare as very different players. Would it be more valid to compare Pope to Lee Mills, although as you say, the latter did it at a higher level?

As for Naylor v McPhee....Naylor for me every time but that's coloured by him providing such great memories :)

Valetillidie no thanks renewed my season ticket again i just expect better especially the words from the chairmans mouth. But with Griff proberly on the way this week another lazy signing from Mr Messiah i dont see how anyone could be happy.

Neal

Probably Collins but both equally slow

Pilkington has spent much of his post-Vale career in non-league so I'll reserve judgement on that until I've seen a bit more of Robertson

Totally different players

Neither of them

Pope.

Interesting. Brooker cost money, was injury prone and has done little since he left Vale. Williamson may well end up being the better of those two.

Can I add Rae Ingram or Dan Jones; Phil Hardy or Richard Duffy; Mark Boyd or Jennison Myrie-Williams??

I'd agree with all of them Jean.

Valetillidie no thanks renewed my season ticket again i just expect better especially the words from the chairmans mouth. But with Griff proberly on the way this week another lazy signing from Mr Messiah i dont see how anyone could be happy.

Im happy with the progress vale have made as a club... Im happy with the new owners commitment and zeal.... Im erm content with the managers decisions who he wants to have in the squad and who he decides to sign....

I have little doubt that hardly any of the players we have now would have got into Rudge's mid-late 90s team.

Yes, but we played most pf the 90s in what is now the Championship, backed by a number of years of progress, making profits on players and investing in players with previously unheard of transfer fees, so it's not surprising. Any comparisons should be with the early to mid eighties teams.

Jacko 51 Neal over Goodlad? deluded. Pope over Mcphee no ****ing chance. Collins just over Chilvers and Pilkinton was awersome at the Vale. Tommy Fraser , Calvin ****in Andrew Jamie Guy. The team Horton put together would **** all over this current lot fact.

Horton spent a huge amount of cash and got us relegated. Micky Adams has spend next to nothing and got us promoted.

Neal has played one season for us and, but for Pope, would have walked away the POTY award. To say I'm deluded because in my opinion he is a better long term bet than Goodlad is totally disrespectful. It is my OPINION. Your opinion is not deluded - I just have a different one.

Pope is a committed player who has had a superb season, on the back of which he could have got a lucrative move elsewhere. He stayed. McPhee spent his first season with us failing to hit a cow's backside with a banjo. He then had one good season and buggered off for nothing, shafting the club in the process. Pardon me for preferring a decent scoring record and loyalty over the alternative.

Pilkington started very well at Vale but was no better than average in his last season. He has done little since and spent most of the remains of his career in non-league.

It's very easy to pick on names like Jamie Guy (3 games for Vale) and ignore the likes of Sagi Burton, Rae Ingram, Phil Hardy, Phil Charnock etc. etc. And all of those mentioned joined Vale in a higher division, some when we even had a bit of cash.

I don't actually know what you're trying to prove at the moment, Chris, but in my opinion, you appear to be failing.

We're meant to be enjoying this time in our history yet you seem to be thoroughly miserable !

I'm happy for what its worth

Jacko 51 Neal over Goodlad? deluded.

Have never understood the longstanding overpraising of Goodlad, a below average keeper and, despite gradual improvement, a continued weak spot in the team.

Neal has done much more for us in one season, and without going too far back Musselwhite also has far more in the credit bank.

We're signing better players than we did under V2001 though.

Oh that will upset him. Amazing that throughout the carnage of V2001, rampant Zebra defended them until the end. Now we are rid of them and in a far, far better position, he's always having a moan. Anyone would think being proven to be so spectacularly wrong has left a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

I'm happy

Archived