onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates signs for 2 more years

Samwelo

Advert

It is indeed good news. Like you say, he was very effective second half in the season and it's also very good to have some local lads in the team.

I still think it's an area of the squad that needs strengthening however. I suspect that Duffy may get moved across into a centre-half position for the start of the 13/14 campaign. There's also the worry that Yates may not play up to the excellent level of the last few months, in which case he is not league one standard. On here, it's been noted that we the central defence and midfield need improving, but I also believe right-back is a key area going forward.

Off topic but is it just me or is very little news coming out the club? is this the Norman way & it was wildes making all the noise? must admit preferred the wildes way but that's just me perhaps

I think this will be more the way that it is - I enjoyed the Wildes way too but I was always a bit concerned that we were being carried away on this big wave of excitement and that Wildes was making a few statements and promises that he couldnt keep

Its also closed season now so there wont be as much to shout about, a ST update would have been nice but I'm not losing any sleep over it, I just want to enjoy my footy again

Confirmed this morning that Yates has put pen to paper. I for one am very happy after his incredible form in the second half of the season. Congratulations on the new deal Adam!

Yates actually played well earlier in the season when he came in at left back when Lofty was injured. I feel he has been under rated by some for most of his time here.

Off topic but is it just me or is very little news coming out the club? is this the Norman way & it was wildes making all the noise? must admit preferred the wildes way but that's just me perhaps

There was such a blaze of interest and excitement late in the season that the long close season, in a summer with no WC or Euro Championships, is bound to seem... well, slow-paced.

But it isn't true that there is little news - and Adam Yates signing following Mohammed from Cheltenham proves it. There will certainly be more to come, but gradually we have got our own players back except Vincent. I hope Loft signs too, but if he goes we can sign another player. I would miss him greatly, but players come and go and look at the furore last summer after Richards, Rigg and Griffith left ! 'There won't be any goals' they cried then watched Vale become top scorers of the 92 clubs.

By the end of June we are bound to have at least 2 more signings, plus an update on ST sales, decision on Loft and a new set of exciting fixtures plus hopefully a good League Cup draw.

In the meantime, enjoy this strange round hot thing that has appeared in the sky for the first time in what seems like years.

its difficult to enjoy as I look at it from out of my office window :(

As long as they parole you from about 5 or 530, it will still be around for another 3 or 4 hours. Outside drinking weather if ever there was any.

Like a few other people, heard there may be some Vale excitement on signings before the end of this week as well as Adam Yates.

Archived