onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates signs for 2 more years

Samwelo

With JMW's obvious defensive frailties our RB needs to be in top form all the time, so I agree someone of at least similar standard (not Duffy) to provide competition/cover is a must.

Richard Duffy is more than adequate to play in the right back slot and I wouldn't class him as 'cover' for Yates at all . It's healthy that we have both players and credit to Yates for upping his game in the second half of the season . Duffy had some excellent games until he was injured and that combined with Yates improving and the signing of Jones didn't allow him much oportunity to get back into the team . I for one am pleased to have him on the books especially with his ability to slot in at centre back , a very useful player to have around .

Advert

Superb news.

Along with Dodds, Birchall, Williamson, Jones and Morris putting pen to paper and Mohammed signing from Cheltenham it has been a very pleasant start to the summer.

For those who are moaning about a lack of activity, i suggest you go and look at other clubs and what they have done.

Some need to get a grip.

Wolves have only just got a manager.

Sheffield Utd havent even got a manager still!

Rotherham have signed 2 players. One from Bury. One from Chesterfield.

As far as im aware, Gillingham, the other promoted side, have had no transfer activity.

Have Crewe bought anyone in?

I know Notts County havent. There fans are moaning about it.

We will more than likely get at least another new face in this week. Its all ticking along very nicely, especially in comparison to others.

superb news.

Along with dodds, birchall, williamson, jones and morris putting pen to paper and mohammed signing from cheltenham it has been a very pleasant start to the summer.

For those who are moaning about a lack of activity, i suggest you go and look at other clubs and what they have done.

Some need to get a grip.

Sheffield utd havent even got a manager still!

Rotherham have signed 2 players. One from bury. One from chesterfield.

As far as im aware, gillingham, the other promoted side, have had no transfer activity.

Have crewe bought anyone in?

I know notts county havent. There fans are moaning about it.

We will more than likely get at least another new face in this week. Its all ticking along very nicely, especially in comparison to others.

john stanway agrees with the master on this one

Agree with the Master. Yates putting pen to paper is very good news. He is another cog in our squad system and will fill in wherever asked to do so, very competently.

A few have asked questions about the right back slot and I also think this is an area we need to better ourselves, especially since whatever winger plays in the team will leave a lot of space for the full back to cover.

Central defence is an absolute must and realistically I hope we get 2 new lads in there to give us speed, good heading ability and solid defence qualities. Yates, Duffy and jones will then be more than adequate to give us a base to work with.

Depending on what cash is available from Smurf and whether Lofty signs a contract ( I personally want him to as an important "play anywhere" member ) then a quality, midfield general will allow our free scoring forwards licence to keep up the good work there too.

Vale were well worthy of their promotion and have a steady set of lads to see that we at least hold our own in Division 1 but any new, proven additions might just allow us to make an impression in our first season back in the higher Division.

Richard Duffy is more than adequate to play in the right back slot and I wouldn't class him as 'cover' for Yates at all . It's healthy that we have both players and credit to Yates for upping his game in the second half of the season . Duffy had some excellent games until he was injured and that combined with Yates improving and the signing of Jones didn't allow him much oportunity to get back into the team . I for one am pleased to have him on the books especially with his ability to slot in at centre back , a very useful player to have around .

Yeah totally agree with that

Yates actually played well earlier in the season when he came in at left back when Lofty was injured. I feel he has been under rated by some for most of his time here.

He was slated as a Bill Bratt signing with people saying he was only signed as his dad was mates with our former beloved chairman, this has been shown to be complete garbage.

Superb news.

Along with Dodds, Birchall, Williamson, Jones and Morris putting pen to paper and Mohammed signing from Cheltenham it has been a very pleasant start to the summer.

Some need to get a grip.

Sheffield Utd havent even got a manager still!

Rotherham have signed 2 players. One from Bury. One from Chesterfield.

As far as im aware, Gillingham, the other promoted side, have had no transfer activity.

Have Crewe bought anyone in?

I know Notts County havent. There fans are moaning about it.

very difficult to disagree, an accurate synopsis.:yes:

Archived