onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We're off to Ireland

Mark-Valiant

Advert

Wasn't thinking of bothering if we went back to Ireland and I've a trip to visit my big ronke mate in Sweden later this month that's going to cost me a packet but what the hell, it'll only be for a few days. Flights are cheap, no doubt there are some deals going around at the moment seeing as the Irish are on their ***** so might just treat myself.

Won't go myself because:

1. Friendlies are training games - it's more to get the team into match playing condition than any attempt at competition

2. They're not much of a spectacle as a result

3. The wife wouldn't let me

In fairness pre season friendlies are are pretty pointless for fans' date=' the players aren't bothered about them so not sure why we should.[/quote']

The football is somewhat incidental falling a few places behind drinking, scoffing, bantering and a few other things ending in -ing. The fans are the same too. Which is probably why MA makes the assss-end backwaters of irleand his destination of choice rather than Holland or Malaga. Though did someone say it was Dublin this time ?

Remember Vale's 4 pre-season scottish trip 'mustgetbeers' who Rudgey sent home ? Joe Allon was one I think, not sure who the others were.

The football is somewhat incidental falling a few places behind drinking, scoffing, bantering and a few other things ending in -ing. The fans are the same too. Which is probably why MA makes the assss-end backwaters of irleand his destination of choice rather than Holland or Malaga. Though did someone say it was Dublin this time ?

Remember Vale's 4 pre-season scottish trip 'mustgetbeers' who Rudgey sent home ? Joe Allon was one I think, not sure who the others were.

La Manga does not appeal to MA anymore either.

Typical OVF. "What's the point? Blah blah blah". Why don't you bore off, why wouldn't you want a week in Ireland consisting of one big pish-up and watching the Vale?

It's a moot point I know, and a pedantic reply perhaps, but it's not 'typical OVF' at all. OVF is a platform giving voice and expression to a broad church opinion :)

The Club announced a last week a proposed trip to Ireland to be based in Dublin, playing two local Clubs between the 8th/14th July.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20130531-irelandtrip-850965.aspx

I have been told today that NOTHING has been confirmed yet.......I am awaiting confirmation to book flights, accomadation etc.......I know of 6 lads who have booked flights/Accom to include the weekend.....Looks like they will be on a Dublin weekend **** up.......At the moment. :unsure:

Come on Vale lets get the PR sorted.......Flights will start to rise this week. :(

All 4 "decent" Dublin clubs have league fixtures over the proposed weekend. I wonder if we'll be playing a supporters team like the second match last season, or maybe we'll be travelling out of Dublin onto the dirt tracks of the provinces to find a fixture against some tinpot second division or regional team?

Why was this announced prior to any fixtures being arranged? Very foolish and not particularly kind on the supporters.

Where are the supporters club reps when you need them? This is the sort of issue that they should be getting onto the club about. Maybe they do know what's going on, but don't see fit to tell those who voted them in; much like the club ownership status that they kept quiet about for months for no other reason than to feed their egos.

Power thirsty to be "In the know". It's Animal Farm all over again ;-)

Where are the supporters club reps when you need them? This is the sort of issue that they should be getting onto the club about. Maybe they do know what's going on, but don't see fit to tell those who voted them in; much like the club ownership status that they kept quiet about for months for no other reason than to feed their egos.

Power thirsty to be "In the know". It's Animal Farm all over again ;-)

Summer league.........:yes:

I spoke to Ally our Supporter Club Chair last night and she contacted the Vale AND she visited the Club today as well, fair play......MA's PA or whoever she is Jo Lumani said NOTHING was confirmed and she is supposed to be in charge of PR.....Lodey is sunning himself in Portugal with the Smurf, but even he is entitled to a Holiday.

The supporters club did not know about the recent ownership issues until a few days before the news broke and we went out of our way to ensure everything ran smoothly, attending a number of meetings after along day at work and generally just doing our best. Just to confirm, an email address which you are assured of a response from us [email protected]

We are available for any queries and endeavour to do our best to work on your behalf

Archived