onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

Utch, another point:

Accrington Stanley are 5th in the league on average gates of circa 1,500.

I wonder then why it is that you will be so worried when Vale have similar gates next season?

I'm worried because Accrington Stanley have been able to build their squad over a period time. Port Vale would have to start again with their squad and wouldn't have much time to settle.

Mind you, if Vale were 5th with those gates then I'd be happy.

Advert

I don't think I've sniped at anyone on here except Melv, who sees himself as a visionary of Starve 'Em Out but is actually just a lazy **** that stopped going years ago.

Rangers are better than Celtic.

In fairness, you're happy that you've got the rise out of a few people and are probably, as I type, giving yourself a congratulatory tug

PS. Melv - Please don't reply to this.

Make your mind,just like BB you are contradicting yourself.

Not really. I don't really have an opinion on you replying ot nor. It was a joke, Melvin. Unless you are such a lapdog that you feel you do need permission to make a post?

In fairness, you're happy that you've got the rise out of a few people and are probably, as I type, giving yourself a congratulatory tug

I'm far from happy. John Higgins is currently beating Mark Williams and I'm not sure it looks like that's going to change.

To be fair though, it's Saturday night and I'll be giving myself a tug regardless of how happy I am.

Utch, I agree with you to an extent - I wish I didn't have to sign the pledge, I'd love to keep putting my money into the club to enable us to build on what we've got. After all, we've been just outside the playoffs for the past 2 seasons so we wouldn't need much progress to get in there. You say Starve 'em Out isn't the answer, but what is? Tell me what I can do to make the board listen sensibly to offers and I'll do it instead and buy a season ticket tomorrow.

However, when I balance up the short term gain of this against the long term gain of ridding the club of these parasites, there's no contest. If Starve 'em Out pushes the board nearer to having to sell, then I'm behind it. The board know the fan's feelings, the protests have been going on for ages. They know all about SEO and have the chance to do something about it. They've got the EGM next month as a final chance to salvage something from this mess. The SEO pledge works both ways; not only is it people who are withdrawing their money, but it's the same amount of money that would be immediately injected back into the club if they were to sell up. I can't believe how thick skinned they are, and every day that passes without them selling up makes me more determined to stick it to 'em.

Starve em out, why?

because the board have not just rejected numerous investment attempts, including one from a lifelong vale fan, they have totally ignored them,not even the curtosy of a reply, as they have totally ignored many hundreds of shareholding fans.

They dont reply to letters, dont reply to Emails, dont answer phones dont attend games.

starve em out is the omly option left, and maybe the only languagethey understand.

Utch, I agree with you to an extent - I wish I didn't have to sign the pledge, I'd love to keep putting my money into the club to enable us to build on what we've got. After all, we've been just outside the playoffs for the past 2 seasons so we wouldn't need much progress to get in there. You say Starve 'em Out isn't the answer, but what is? Tell me what I can do to make the board listen sensibly to offers and I'll do it instead and buy a season ticket tomorrow.

However, when I balance up the short term gain of this against the long term gain of ridding the club of these parasites, there's no contest. If Starve 'em Out pushes the board nearer to having to sell, then I'm behind it. The board know the fan's feelings, the protests have been going on for ages. They know all about SEO and have the chance to do something about it. They've got the EGM next month as a final chance to salvage something from this mess. The SEO pledge works both ways; not only is it people who are withdrawing their money, but it's the same amount of money that would be immediately injected back into the club if they were to sell up. I can't believe how thick skinned they are, and every day that passes without them selling up makes me more determined to stick it to 'em.

Gav - My concern is that the short term gain will not materialise. They know about SEO and don't seem concerned about it. There are cuts to be made to combat that shortfall, but these cuts will confine Port Vale to League 2 for a few years at least. Meanwhile the board will carry on and cite decreased crowds as the reason for it.

I just don't think it will force them in to anything and it will only have negative consequences.

I don't think I've sniped at anyone on here except Melv, who sees himself as a visionary of Starve 'Em Out but is actually just a lazy **** that stopped going years ago.

Rangers are better than Celtic.

Wrong again.

I first stopped going last year.;)

Visionary of starve em out?

Not lazy at all.Was on todays march/protest just as i have been on most other protests.

I also see that it has been mentioned that you do not go game's.;)

Archived