onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

The work of the NLV is the absolutely correct way to go about it and will return the result you want. In the meantime, Starve 'Em Out is helping no one.

They won't at the moment. They will be forced in to it though, but not through Starve 'Em Out.

That is a common argument of those that like to say the board are doing all they can to kill the club. Starve 'Em Out is doing just as much. Both are stopping cash injections in to the club.

The work of NLV is one way and what they have done is marvelous, however, it does not guarantee anything

Advert

You are right. This very forum was right behind the three you mentioned, criticism of them would often reult in a tirade of abuse. Many were friends with the latter and would often meet socially with him.

That's all changed now though and the New Mesiah is in town, for the time being.

Opinions of some changed long before the latest "messiah" was in town.

You are right. This very forum was right behind the three you mentioned, criticism of them would often reult in a tirade of abuse. Many were friends with the latter and would often meet socially with him.

That's all changed now though and the New Mesiah is in town, for the time being.

Yes, and look how wrong we were.

Thankgod for the New Mesiah.

There are a lot of fans out there that follow blindly the word of certain people. .

I would contend that principle works both ways. After all, for those who follow the board, I am at a loss to understand quite why given the overwhelming weight of evidence against them. Such support can only therefore be the result of blind faith.

As for season tickets, in part I agree. It is with a heavy heart that I signed up to the petition and I had hoped that the threat would be sufficient to create the pressure on the board for them to come to the table and get to a mutually satisfactory conclusion for the benefit of the club. Unfortunately that has proved the case and fans are having to follow through on that pledge.

Utch, that isn't the fault of the fans. It is the fault of the board to show any willingness to conduct this whole affair in a manner befitting of a multi million pound business and a professional sports team.

I actually believe the STO is a conduit to show the board what was going to happen in any case. It was inevitable sales would drop on the back of the 2nd half of the season and on the whole Gannon affair.

The conduct of the board has further served to drive people away in droves.

Ultimately it comes down to cause and effect. STO is the effect here, not the cause.

I would suggest that if you are looking for something to bemoan, you bemoan the cause of the problem. That cause is now down to 5 individuals in the boardroom.

It is within their capacity to resolve this without the need for STO and a General Meeting.

I know it's against the grain but I slightly agree with Utch to be honest but I can see both sides of the argument.

We're moaning that the club doesn't make enough money with commerical ventures and that has a knock on effect on the playing budget and daily goings on at the club. Yet when they come up with a venture some decide not to buy into it which we're only killing it for ourselves.

But I'm also reluctant to waste my hard earned cash on a club that just continue to fob the fans off and ruin it for us at every oppurtuinity.

However I can't see any other alternative at the minute.

Lozza, I would hardly call season tickets a 'venture'.

It's not exactly taken much marketing genius to put together has it. In fact, if anything, they've made a mess of what is their bread and butter business by a poor marketing campaign to compound the already poor circumstances in which they had to launch STs.

Sad state of affairs when your own fans are promoting for the club to go under.iv always said that this website is poison.l

Sadly you fail to grasp the point.

No Vale fan is advocating the demise of the club. The demise of the current board and the demise of the club are entirely different matters with significant degrees of inter connectivity to some extent.

Forcing this board out does not have to equal the demise of the club.

Again, if it comes to that the sole group to blame will be the board who have an extremely viable alternative to such a situation coming about.

I know it's against the grain but I slightly agree with Utch to be honest but I can see both sides of the argument.

We're moaning that the club doesn't make enough money with commerical ventures and that has a knock on effect on the playing budget and daily goings on at the club. Yet when they come up with a venture some decide not to buy into it which we're only killing it for ourselves.

But I'm also reluctant to waste my hard earned cash on a club that just continue to fob the fans off and ruin it for us at every oppurtuinity.

However I can't see any other alternative at the minute.

I completely disagree we are not killing it ourselves, we are trying to keep it alive.

Looks like the penny has finally dropped. This board have adjusted there finances to cope with non renewal of season tickets and they are in a win win situation - ask yourselves whats the best way to remove/dilute the aniti V2001 protests? simples, let them remove themselves by not renewing there tickets, as most who dont renew are fairly obviousley going to be protesters.:rolleyes:

They will soon get bored with turning up on match days after the full time whistle - having not attended the game - just to chant outside an empty building.

The way to get change is to buy shares with your "saved" season ticket money and then vote em out at the first EGM opportunity.:yes:

Lozza, I would hardly call season tickets a 'venture'.

It's not exactly taken much marketing genius to put together has it. In fact, if anything, they've made a mess of what is their bread and butter business by a poor marketing campaign to compound the already poor circumstances in which they had to launch STs.

Still brings in a revenue every season. If it was thought out properly it could be an extremely profitable scheme. Unfortunately we're a bit slow on the up take.

The point I was trying to make was those that have signed it will probably be the same ones moaning in June when we've signed some 17 year-old winger from Kiddiminster because we can't afford anybody else.

Archived