onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

Looks like the penny has finally dropped. This board have adjusted there finances to cope with non renewal of season tickets and they are in a win win situation - ask yourselves whats the best way to remove/dilute the aniti V2001 protests? simples, let them remove themselves by not renewing there tickets, as most who dont renew are fairly obviousley going to be protesters.:rolleyes:

They will soon get bored with turning up on match days after the full time whistle - having not attended the game - just to chant outside an empty building.

The way to get change is to buy shares with your "saved" season ticket money and then vote em out at the first EGM opportunity.:yes:

that post is so mixed up its made me dizzy !

:rolleyes:

Advert

I completely disagree we are not killing it ourselves, we are trying to keep it alive.

I can see both sides of the arguments as I've said. I've been at the majority of the protests and was there today. But Utch makes a valid point, some people will just follow what everybody else is doing.

Everybody has personally reasons for hating the board. Mine stem from the Sinnott Saga and a board member for potentially costing me my job but hey ho

Won't be the fans fault, it'll be the fault of five stubborn liars.

I seem to be repeating myself here. Just to clarify I CAN SEE BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. UTCH HAS MADE SOME VALID POINTS IT'S ALL TO DO WITH HOW YOU PERSONALLY FEEL.

Looks like the penny has finally dropped. This board have adjusted there finances to cope with non renewal of season tickets and they are in a win win situation - ask yourselves whats the best way to remove/dilute the aniti V2001 protests? simples, let them remove themselves by not renewing there tickets, as most who dont renew are fairly obviousley going to be protesters.:rolleyes:

They will soon get bored with turning up on match days after the full time whistle - having not attended the game - just to chant outside an empty building.

The way to get change is to buy shares with your "saved" season ticket money and then vote em out at the first EGM opportunity.:yes:

I thought Ryan was going to sort out the protesters. What happened to him?

Utch never makes a valid point

For me he has. I felt quite hypocritcal today because I renewed by season ticket.

I'd debated it all week and the conclusion I came to was that if I buy one now the club are only getting £250. If I pay £19.50 a game they are getting near on £450, double, over the same period of time.

For me he has. I felt quite hypocritcal today because I renewed by season ticket.

I'd debated it all week and the conclusion I came to was that if I buy one now the club are only getting £250. If I pay £19.50 a game they are getting near on £450, double, over the same period of time.

each to their own, and that is no way meant as a criticism to you, however, if I renew my ST they get £250. If I don't they get £0. I refuse to go now until they are gone

They will be forced into selling to Mo how, Utch? Via the EGM where the board could potentially vote themselves back into power regardless of the verdict from the majority of shareholders?

Potentially they could. I've a feeling Mo and Mark are going to get the result they want though.

Opinions of some changed long before the latest "messiah" was in town.

Funnily enough, Tim, I recall you once having a go at me on here for accusing Bill Bratt of lying. Times certainly change eh? That was a few years ago mind so I can forgive you for it.

I would contend that principle works both ways. After all, for those who follow the board, I am at a loss to understand quite why given the overwhelming weight of evidence against them. Such support can only therefore be the result of blind faith.

As for season tickets, in part I agree. It is with a heavy heart that I signed up to the petition and I had hoped that the threat would be sufficient to create the pressure on the board for them to come to the table and get to a mutually satisfactory conclusion for the benefit of the club. Unfortunately that has proved the case and fans are having to follow through on that pledge.

Utch, that isn't the fault of the fans. It is the fault of the board to show any willingness to conduct this whole affair in a manner befitting of a multi million pound business and a professional sports team.

I actually believe the STO is a conduit to show the board what was going to happen in any case. It was inevitable sales would drop on the back of the 2nd half of the season and on the whole Gannon affair.

The conduct of the board has further served to drive people away in droves.

Ultimately it comes down to cause and effect. STO is the effect here, not the cause.

I would suggest that if you are looking for something to bemoan, you bemoan the cause of the problem. That cause is now down to 5 individuals in the boardroom.

It is within their capacity to resolve this without the need for STO and a General Meeting.

SV - I agree with you. The board have been behaving terribly for years now and the club haven't grown as they should have. There has been a lot of mistakes made and it is only now that the fans have started to realise it. It isn't too late mind, but it has been a long time coming.

I do bemoan the actions of the board, I don't feel that STO is a realistic knock on effect though. Fans will naturally stay away, but an active campaign is only to the detriment of the team. There are two entities here - the club and the team. Actions against the club are fine but they should never impact on the team. STO, unfortunately, does, and it's not something I could ever support.

Still brings in a revenue every season. If it was thought out properly it could be an extremely profitable scheme. Unfortunately we're a bit slow on the up take.

The point I was trying to make was those that have signed it will probably be the same ones moaning in June when we've signed some 17 year-old winger from Kiddiminster because we can't afford anybody else.

Lozza - That is exactly my point. The team have done very well this season. They could have done a lot better but, under the circumstances, missing out on the play offs by a few points is not a bad effort. The team now looks like it is going to be ripped apart this summer and the replacements are probably not going to be up to much. The Starve 'Em Out campaign is playing a huge part in that and is going to make next season pretty painful and meaningless for those that are going to continue to go.

Can I add there are some people who aren't just signing up for SEO, they are turning their backs on the club for good as long as this board stay in power. It isn't just about the here and now it is for the long term.

I'm one of those people...been a season ticket holder for the last 20years but will never set foot in Vale Park again as long as these parasites are in charge.

Will be at the EGM though wherever that is held.

A good idea in theory FBS, but one that is unlikely to work in practice.

It is much easier to mobilise a campaign which stops people from spending money en-masse, as opposed to one which encourages people to spend money en-masse.

I should also add that the idea of Starve 'em out is to force the board out, leading to people to spend their hard-earned money on season tickets when the new board is in place. Hence, Mo has offered reduced rate season tickets to those who have signed up to the pledge. So people, ideally, will not "save" the amount of money otherwise spent on a season ticket, as they will be buying one anyway once the current board have been starved out.

Hopefully the EGM will force the board out, but there are no guarantees given that the board could potentially vote themselves back into power. Starve 'em Out is a Plan B in my eyes, but to be effective people need to abstain from buying tickets now, as the season tickets are on sale now.

PS: I am seriously considering buying £50 worth of shares myself to help get rid of these parasites.

each to their own, and that is no way meant as a criticism to you, however, if I renew my ST they get £250. If I don't they get £0. I refuse to go now until they are gone

I can't see Mo getting in now I really can't so siging it wouldn't have left me any better off. If I hadn't have renewed mine today then I wouldn't have been able to do so as I've got wedding bills coming out left, right and centre. But £250 is better then spending £450.

A good idea in theory FBS, but one that is unlikely to work in practice.

It is much easier to mobilise a campaign which stops people from spending money en-masse, as opposed to one which encourages people to spend money en-masse.

I should also add that the idea of Starve 'em out is to force the board out, leading to people to spend their hard-earned money on season tickets when the new board is in place. Hence, Mo has offered reduced rate season tickets to those who have signed up to the pledge. So people, ideally, will not "save" the amount of money otherwise spent on a season ticket, as they will be buying one anyway once the current board have been starved out.

Hopefully the EGM will force the board out, but there are no guarantees given that the board could potentially vote themselves back into power. Starve 'em Out is a Plan B in my eyes, but to be effective people need to abstain from buying tickets now, as the season tickets are on sale now.

PS: I am seriously considering buying £50 worth of shares myself to help get rid of these parasites.

How is it a plan B? If Mo doesn't get in then you have a lot of people that aren't going to be going. That probably means cutbacks and/or the board buying more shares. It won't force them out. It will just resuly in a poor Port Vale team confined the basement division.

Archived