onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

Advert

How is it a plan B? If Mo doesn't get in then you have a lot of people that aren't going to be going. That probably means cutbacks and/or the board buying more shares. It won't force them out. It will just resuly in a poor Port Vale team confined the basement division.

a very possible scenario, all thanks to bill bratt and co

For me he has. I felt quite hypocritcal today because I renewed by season ticket.

I'd debated it all week and the conclusion I came to was that if I buy one now the club are only getting £250. If I pay £19.50 a game they are getting near on £450, double, over the same period of time.

Don't feel bad, it's your choice, but your choice has really surprised me:(

a very possible scenario, all thanks to bill bratt and co

I can show you posts as far back as 2005 that show I was a critic of Bratt then and believed he was a liar then. I'm very much aware that this board should have been a short term measure, I think that's how they saw it at the start, but they got comfortable and decided to hang on to power. I carried on going to games though. I enjoy watching Port Vale play, I enjoy going to the games and I want to see the team do well. It's a shame that so many have followed a misguided campaign and stated that that isn't for them anymore. I hope it will emerge that many changed their minds.

How is it a plan B? If Mo doesn't get in then you have a lot of people that aren't going to be going. That probably means cutbacks and/or the board buying more shares. It won't force them out. It will just resuly in a poor Port Vale team confined the basement division.

Well then that's the board's problem for not selling up despite the wishes of shareholders and supporters.

That's the sad reality Utch, and if the board are too stubborn to respect our wishes, then fans such as myself will be no more and the board will be confined to the basement division, or lower!

I've had enough, I'm not feeding this board who I have now come to despise. I will go and find otherways to spend my money at a weekend and Bill Bratt will continue to be chairman of little Port Vale in the Blue Square Premier, where he can shake hands with all of the 2,000 fans each week.

Don't feel bad, it's your choice, but your choice has really surprised me:(

I surprised myself because last week I was adamant I wasn't having one. But I'm a cheap skate and would rather pay £200 less then I have to.

each person has the right to choose

the board rely on people not seeing them for what they are

I know exactly what they are like thanks. Without naming names or going into detail one of them cost me my job last year because of the involvement I had in the Sinnott story. You don't need to tell me what they are capable of.

I can show you posts as far back as 2005 that show I was a critic of Bratt then and believed he was a liar then. I'm very much aware that this board should have been a short term measure, I think that's how they saw it at the start, but they got comfortable and decided to hang on to power. I carried on going to games though. I enjoy watching Port Vale play, I enjoy going to the games and I want to see the team do well. It's a shame that so many have followed a misguided campaign and stated that that isn't for them anymore. I hope it will emerge that many changed their minds.

utch

its all down to peoples choices

as of today less than 500 ST sold

good luck to the board and its choices

I surprised myself because last week I was adamant I wasn't having one. But I'm a cheap skate and would rather pay £200 less then I have to.

You should just go the the away matches like me:). I can still support the team just not the parasites in the Boardroom. Just hope your ST money gets put back into the team ;)

Guest TommyMac
Still brings in a revenue every season. If it was thought out properly it could be an extremely profitable scheme. Unfortunately we're a bit slow on the up take.

The point I was trying to make was those that have signed it will probably be the same ones moaning in June when we've signed some 17 year-old winger from Kiddiminster because we can't afford anybody else.

I promise you Lozza I won't be moaning if this board sign the Knave of Clubs reserve team. I simply couldn't care less who plays for Vale, where Vale are in the table or how low the attendances are while v2001 are in control.

as I see it the board are contibuting to the SEO campaign by treating genuine investment proposals with contempt.

My £458 pledge is peanuts to the £1.2m being declined.

As you will read, that was one of my points. There are people complaining about the board refusing investment but these same people are refusing to put money in to the club as well.

The campaign is at roughly £482k now, not £458.

ST renewal is a difficult area - spoke today to a friend put under pressure by his Grandad to renew, told him I compeatly understood, he complimented me on sticking to my guns and not renewing - that is how it should be. However if PVFC has to reduce the playing budget, gets relegated or goes in to Admin, THAT IS THE BOARD'S FAULT, not mine. This has been well advertised, they did not believe it would happen, and they can easily avert it all. IF I DON'T WANT TO BUY THE PRODUCT THAT THEY ARE OFFERING, THEN I WON'T. And BIll don't tell me to get behind the team, at least I have been turning up at matches, unlike you.

Archived