onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rotherham after Vincent?

Kaid Mohamed at Cheltenham could be a realistic & possible option? Same type of player as Vincent, except he can head the ball too. Scored 7 this season, 11 last season, & he's told Yates he's off. A couple of L1 teams are interested in signing him, i suppose we could be one of those teams if Vincent were to leave?

POPS [ the poster ] mentioned this on the other thread two days ago, said we were after him

Advert

JMW got in team of the year, he must have been doing something right and surely at some point deserves a bit of credit from you...

As I have just posted he is an exciting player who probably scares defenders and many managers to death with his pace. Sadly his choice of when to cross and when to cut inside and shoot is very poor.

JMW if he concentrated more on practising using his right foot and getting good crosses over the goal imput would improve drastically because he is a talented player.

People seem to forget he had a few niggles and one massive injury set back. He had a poor few games before his injury and never got fit to have a chance of regaining his form. JMW was the same. He started the season well, then had a dip in form then came good again! Only difference is, he didn't get injured and had more opportunity to turn it around!! Vincent is league 1 standard!! He was playing league one footy for around 7 and half seasons before joining us, so that tells you something. He dropped down a league because he was plagued with injuries in his last season with Colchester and we took a chance on him.

As I have put posted he is an exciting player who probably scares defenders and many managers to death with his pace. Sadly his choice of when to cross and when to cut inside and shoot is very poor.

JMW if he concentrated more on practising using his right foot and getting good crosses over the goal imput would improve drastically because he is a talented player.

That's fair enough then :)

That comment is bang on the money. While Vincent is not good enough. JMW is exciting but like many wingers usually flatters to deceive.

I agree that Vincent, certainly from November onwards wasn't very productive. But JMW? How many times do you see him create the space for Yates/Duffy behind to get the ball in, on top of his assists from his own boots and the goals he scored. I think he was vital cog for the promotion season. Not only did he create goals but scored them at vital times (York away when we needed a boost). He can be wasteful, but he doesn't have to get every cross on someone's head or get every shot in the back of the net. I think that's what everyone forgets with wingers. Even the best ones aren't 100% successful with their delivery.

Well let's just chuck an extra couple of full backs on the wing and make sure Shuker's playing behind the front two. We should walk League One next season :D
A silly comment there Stupers. My point was that other players contributed to Popey's goals more than our wingers. Remember a winger's principle job is to supply crosses to the front men.

As I have just posted he is an exciting player who probably scares defenders and many managers to death with his pace. Sadly his choice of when to cross and when to cut inside and shoot is very poor.

If he could do that he would be in the championship, seriously what do people expect from league two.

While we wont match the 3.5k pw that rotherham have offered, he was offered around 2k from vale and apparenrly wants minimum 2.5k to stay .

If that was a month it would be more realistic , as it isn't then thanks Ash but no thanks !

Smells of some parasite agent up to no good as usual . If we can afford that kind of money at League 1 level there must be better to spend it on .

A silly comment there Stupers. My point was that other players contributed to Popey's goals more than our wingers. Remember a winger's principle job is to supply crosses to the front men.

That's why I stuck the :D on the end and followed up with a serious comment. Get with the times! :D

Really? Tbh I think thats JMW main problem from what iv seen of him he trys to take the full back on everytime instead of whipping a cross in early and although he has got a good shot he can be selfish with the ball at times

Myrie Williams is the only player at the club capable of running with ball at beating a man and yet your labelling him selfish! Unbelievable. We have been crying out for a winger for years and when get one it still is good enough for some people. Myrie Williams is a good outlet at times when we r under pressure he can run at people and take the pressure of our defenders. Would u prefer another midfielder in there who can't create nothing?

Seriously, the anti-JMW agenda is getting boring. He got in the League 2 team of the year- that speaks for itself

Good till November

Rubbish after

One trick pony

Doesn't help his full back

Let him go

We should play with JMW on 1 wing & a midfielder wide who can tuck in & help midfield

We won't score 87 next season & need 2 tighten up especially at home

We got promoted due to our away record last season

He's out of contract and can go where he wants for nowt, as can most of the 10 who have been offered contracts. We could ask a fee for Morsy or Johnson if they go elsewhere.

No he's not, he's still under contract. Notice how he wasn't involved in the retained list?

While we wont match the 3.5k pw that rotherham have offered, he was offered around 2k from vale and apparenrly wants minimum 2.5k to stay .

Utter nonsense. :yes:

Archived