onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Yates on contract

ginginator

Advert

Why the hell would I be embarrassed LOL... Maybe you guys in this fantasy online world would be....

I try and gt the best deal for myself because I'm not on footballers wages unfortunately.. And to say that he would be on £200 a week then you must be very stupid and nieve... Your embarrassing yourself....

He has every right to get the best deal for himself but why should you come out in the paper and tell us all ... Pay me more as I have better offers clearly from other clubs.. If not then basically I'm gone...

I don't care if he goes as said before no one is bigger than the club especially Yates who is not a Tom Pope of this club, now if he came out and made the statement I'd say the same... Take the offer or leave.. Don't try and act like you cnt be replaced in the media!!

Embarrasing.

Its not the money holding him back as he's had better offers from two clubs in league two its a clause they've offered in his contract about the extra year he's not happy with he just wants a simple two year contract with no clause. The two clubs have offered him more money then vale have but he will be a vale player next year

As you will know from my many posts on here praising Yates for an excellent season, I am a Yates fan and want him to stay. Reading between the lines(which is all we can do without facts) I do have to say that Adam perhaps should not have given his statement to the press. I believe he is worth a "fair wage" and good luck to him in negotiating this but maybe he should have kept quiet until after his discussions with Adams and the board? I don't agree with ValeMadrid87's interpretation or his thoughts BUT perhaps he has a point in suggesting(if that is what he's doing) that Yates should not be giving us all this info before he actually turns down/accepts Vale 's terms? It does give ammo to those few people who may not appreciate Yates' contribution to our team. I hope the Vale see what he is worth and he gets exactly what he wants and please let that be staying here to progress his upwardly moving career.

This is an old story from 10 days ago, straight after Micky had issuesd his retained list and contract offers. Adam was interviewed on radio stoke then and this is from that interview. Again the sentinel are a bit behind. Adam has said what every pro footballer has said regarding contract offers so there is nothing in this article of any consequence really.

ValeMadrid87,

You have well and truly embarassed yourself in this thread. :yes:

I'm so embarrassed, what will my parents say!!

I maybe in the minority which I don't mind, but I stay with my view he's been a good and valuable member in getting us promotion... But he is no where near good enough to start stating that Vale must pay me more... He should just be greatful that a team that is going places has offered him a contract.. If he is not happy and wants to start demanding more money then he's at the wrong club, he should of kept it quite, I am actually a Yates fan, but I don't think he is exceptionally good neither do I think that he will be anywhere good enough to keep a regular spot in league 1...

We need more defenders added to our squad to compete and as much as I'm thankful for his hard work, I am hoping that we do get league 1 or higher class players to replace our more woeful players like Yates, I agree he played well for us in the run up to promotion but you must be blinkered if you think we actually need to keep hold of Yates for our survival...

End of the day, he should of kept it out of the media then we wouldn't be having this discussion, if Adams wants to up his contract I do not have a problem with that, but what was the need for this press release...

OH IM SO EMBARRASSED before anybody says...

I'm so embarrassed, what will my parents say!!

I maybe in the minority which I don't mind, but I stay with my view he's been a good and valuable member in getting us promotion...

he played well for us in the run up to promotion

So he's a good player....

I am hoping that we do get league 1 or higher class players to replace our more woeful players like Yates

So he's a woeful player....

Shall we just call him an average player? :blink:

It's just greed, even if he has been offered £500 a week which I suspect it will be an offer of around £700 - £1000 why are people so greedy!

He must of aspirations of playing at the highest league possible, why come out in the paper and say he wants more money, why doesn't he show next season that he should be playing in the championship to earn his crust, then ask for a pay rise, at the moment my feelings are either take the fair offer you have been given or just do one, no doubt you will regret it when you have a ***** season and get shipped out too Nuneaton because you didn't have a good crack at the whip and made a few errors at the new club... If he expects to move on to a team that are paying more then you end up on the bench... Don't say we didn't tell you so

That would make his annual income at about £40/52,000 which I (personal opinion) don’t think is too far off for a player in League 1. Others might think otherwise. Very short career so get the best for you and your family :yes:

Archived