onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ricardo Fuller.....go get him Vale

Werrington

Advert

So tell me, what is "Within our means"?

For all you know, Ricardo Fuller may be within our means and 2 others on similar wages may also be ok.

However, it may not.

Thats my point.

You dont know. I dont know. So shouldnt we be commentating on players footballing attributes instead of whether or not we can afford players wages?

Until we know otherwise people tend to look at top L2 and L1 players within our means as an average L1 club with mid league gates. The Fairplay rules are there to keep clubs solvent, if we can raise our income to afford better players great. Sponsorship, Stadium advertising, catering, etc help, and we may be in for a surprise, there are always ways around rules as well, as long as the income is coming into the club. If you wish to dream of a rosier future, fair enough, but a year out of Admin I am still cautious in spite of the portents.

Fuller would be superb, you'd have to be mental to think otherwise. I do though think wages could be a stumbling block and I also think there are clubs in the Championship/ established League One clubs he'd prefer, that would be interested in him

IF we were interested in him maybe it wont be just about money to him,we might offer him the chance to be close to any business interest he could have,a coaching role with the development squad or even a 2yr deal on less money than he is on now but the security of a longer contract.

Let's not forget the Financial Fair Play rules as well. From next season, this will limit the amount spent on wages to 60% of turnover, which if breached, could result in a transfer embargo.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

I am not saying it's the right way to go but many teams get around that by using sponsorships i think.

If you wish to dream of a rosier future, fair enough, but a year out of Admin I am still cautious in spite of the portents.

Im not dreaming of a rosier future, im living one. We have come so far. I trust Paul and Norman to do whats right for this club. If they decide to spend money on a player and give him a healthy wage then we have to accept, as football supporters, to trust their judgement.

We have climbed a league, i honestly believe we can be near the playoffs next season. We will be linked to players who will demand a bigger wage than we have been paying. I think its really important to sit back, enjoy the ride and put all our trust in Paul and Norman. Those that dont will probably have a heart attack before the years out! :D

A poor mans Ben Williamson in my opinion, only looked good at Stoke because of the dross that surrounded him.

That just a ridiculous statement. Williamson needs to show he can do the business when starting in league 2/1 before being labelled as better than a player with fullers record. The way certain players get over rated to ridiculous amount s is bizarre. Like when people were claiming Chris Martin was worth seven figures.

Im not dreaming of a rosier future, im living one. We have come so far. I trust Paul and Norman to do whats right for this club. If they decide to spend money on a player and give him a healthy wage then we have to accept, as football supporters, to trust their judgement.

We have climbed a league, i honestly believe we can be near the playoffs next season. We will be linked to players who will demand a bigger wage than we have been paying. I think its really important to sit back, enjoy the ride and put all our trust in Paul and Norman. Those that dont will probably have a heart attack before the years out! :D

I agree,i can understand people still being concerned but we have to get ourselves out of the little PVFC V2001 mentality,we have shrewd people in charge now who wont put their money at risk but also who know that we WILL have to pay bigger wages in league one to compete and even bigger IF we did get to the Championship.

IF we were interested in him maybe it wont be just about money to him,we might offer him the chance to be close to any business interest he could have,a coaching role with the development squad or even a 2yr deal on less money than he is on now but the security of a longer contract.

That is a good shout aswell. People forget Lee Hughes isn't exactly a low wage earner, and Fuller at his age will probably be expectimg around the same now. Some player will take a pay cut or even a coaching role along the way. We need look at people who are capable of helping out at the academy and develpment squad. People like Rudge and Fuller etc with experiances at the top are invaluable.

I am not saying it's the right way to go but many teams get around that by using sponsorship's I think.

Yes and I think that is why, we are looking at sponsorships and which is why Wildes is moving some business interest in Vale Park. Vale Park is an asset an we need make good use of it. That's why in long term if finance is available that the paddock needs to be sought for redevelopment in terms of facilities that could generate cash. Even something like a shopping complex or anything along there. The co op land is available I see too. That could be ideal for the training ground. But us fans can only speculate and I am sure Paul Wildes knows whats best and will make use of VP to the best of his advantage. I do think if feasible whether people like it or not a stadium sponsorship is best. Hasn't hurt other clubs and we can call it Vale Park. But like I say its not our decision its theirs. I am sure they will do whats best. One thing is I haven't been the excited as a Vale fan for a long time.

That is a good shout aswell. People forget Lee Hughes isn't exactly a low wage earner, and Fuller at his age will probably be expectimg around the same now. Some player will take a pay cut or even a coaching role along the way. We need look at people who are capable of helping out at the academy and develpment squad. People like Rudge and Fuller etc with experiances at the top are invaluable.

Yes and I think that is why, we are looking at sponsorships and which is why Wildes is moving some business interest in Vale Park. Vale Park is an asset an we need make good use of it. That's why in long term if finance is available that the paddock needs to be sought for redevelopment in terms of facilities that could generate cash. Even something like a shopping complex or anything along there. The co op land is available I see too. That could be ideal for the training ground. But us fans can only speculate and I am sure Paul Wildes knows whats best and will make use of VP to the best of his advantage. I do think if feasible whether people like it or not a stadium sponsorship is best. Hasn't hurt other clubs and we can call it Vale Park. But like I say its not our decision its theirs. I am sure they will do whats best. One thing is I haven't been the excited as a Vale fan for a long time.

Didnt realise the co op land was for sale, that would go full circle if we bought it as if I remember rightly the club used to own it and sold it to Normid

I've seen Fuller live several times when I've ventured down to Stoke with my wife. The classic was when we went to the game at West Ham, because it was a ground I hadn't done, and Fuller had the mis-match with Griffin. Pulis did an Adams and Griffin was hung out to dry. He has class, but is not a 90 minute effort man. In fact he makes Leon Constantine seem like a workhorse.

Let's look to pick up players with potential. I'll say this for Lee Hughes, he knows where the net is AND he puts in a shift. With Fuller, we'd be playing with 10 men for most of the game. Where would he fit in? An expensive bench warmer. Only Stoke can afford expensive players who sit around. Has Michael Owen been getting 28k a week for nowt?

I've seen Fuller live several times when I've ventured down to Stoke with my wife. The classic was when we went to the game at West Ham, because it was a ground I hadn't done, and Fuller had the mis-match with Griffin. Pulis did an Adams and Griffin was hung out to dry. He has class, but is not a 90 minute effort man. In fact he makes Leon Constantine seem like a workhorse.

Let's look to pick up players with potential. I'll say this for Lee Hughes, he knows where the net is AND he puts in a shift. With Fuller, we'd be playing with 10 men for most of the game. Where would he fit in? An expensive bench warmer. Only Stoke can afford expensive players who sit around. Has Michael Owen been getting 28k a week for nowt?

Not one for Adams then.

Archived