onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Burge

j_grainger10

Different manager, different owners and different coaching staff to some extent with Tommo. How can you compare the two incidents?!

Lots more then 2 incidents mate, can you explain the difference in both Morsey and lofts red cards this season? However MA handled both of completely different which suggests he lacks consistancy or / and he has his favourites.

Advert

Your old eyesight may be failing you if you think JMW was our worst player. Your constant criticism is a joke considering his contribution to the team this season. Wasn't he recently voted the 4th best player in the second division by the managers of all the other clubs. Old you maybe, sage like definately not.
JMW is very infuriating. He can look brilliant and can score good goals but his service is very, very poor. Just notice how Popey is often giving him grief for his lack of crossing ability.

Lots more then 2 incidents mate, can you explain the difference in both Morsey and lofts red cards this season? However MA handled both of completely different which suggests he lacks consistancy or / and he has his favourites.

Agreed,

Also goes the same with young players making mistakes Joe Davis for instance he was crucified for his mistake against Burnley. Was Purse or Neal criticised when they made mistakes?

The Pope and Neal thing wasn't that much of an issue we were losing they had row and it sparked them both to raise there game. Ok if we had gone on to collapse faor enough ******* them both but it helped. We have all rowed with team mates in different sports. Better a blazing row than to quietly go down. I suspect from what people have said it is more than Twitter gate that has done for Burge.

Very true I think. You only have to study what Loft said about Burge. Burge clearly offended many of the players.

George. I think what many fail to realise is that it is JMW and MA choose to play him as a right winger

As good as he may look cutting in and having a shot on goal - 4 / 6 times a year -

he looks embarrasing when he goes outside the full back.

The best wingers most definately are in a team to create chances for the forwards in the box.

JMW does not do this. Why we dont push him on the left even more i will never understand.

The balance of the team looks much better now with one wide man and Loft / Birchall being in midfield.

We now want Vincent on the bench to compete with JMW for the wingers role.

Jones failed us last night in getting forward and putting crosses in from the left. We were left

to JMW on his own and he too failed us the same way.

Dodds HAD to come on instead of Andrew, if we wanted to win the game.

Andrew - was he brought on to offer height when defending ??

Dodds really surprised me when he played center midfield and had a real good game.

He will always look likely to score a goal and always deserves that chance.

Absolutely spot on.

Sadly Ryan as played his last game for Vale.You don't sit down for clear the air talks and call the hand that feeds you a C""t,Sad really as Ryan as talent but you only have to see that Motorway cops programme to see with that talent comes attitude.Good luck in the future Ryan.

JMW is very infuriating. He can look brilliant and can score good goals but his service is very, very poor. Just notice how Popey is often giving him grief for his lack of crossing ability.

OS, JMW can be infuriating, but he also has talent, and as i quoted he was voted by all the other managers in the division the 4th best player. If he could do all the things you expect of him he would be playing for Real Madrid and not Port Vale.

OS, JMW can be infuriating, but he also has talent, and as i quoted he was voted by all the other managers in the division the 4th best player. If he could do all the things you expect of him he would be playing for Real Madrid and not Port Vale.

Agreed there, can't remember many, if any, wingers that have not been infuriating. Now and again a winger has a day when they are "on" and win the game and do everything perfectly. I suspect the reason Alf Ramsey produced a team that won the World Cup dubbed the "Wingless Wonders" was the general inconsistency of wingers.

Burge is very much like Roberts!

Both have talent, but decided that club rules do not apply to them. Roberts turned up for training "unfit" whilst Burge didn't turn up on time for a pre match meal. Both disrepected the manager, club and its supporters. Both were suspended. Both have divided opinion on OVF.

Burge like Roberts thought he could take the p*ss.

Is that enough examples of why you are misguided?:yes:

You have no idea mate.

He didn't turn up for the pre-match meal because they didn't pick him up as was planned, he then made his way down to the ground and was then told not to bother.

Unreal how much bull**** some fans still swallow from the club after all the bull**** we've had down the years.

Paul6754,

Best, Mathews, Finney, Barnes, Figo, Giggs, Ronaldo, Garincha, Bale, Nani, Valencia, Overmars, Lorimer, Thompson, Callaghan.

Used to know Callaghan well if you are on about Nigel. He was always very disappointed that he never reached his full potential although injury and a taste for beer and gambling didn't help either.

You have no idea mate.

He didn't turn up for the pre-match meal because they didn't pick him up as was planned, he then made his way down to the ground and was then told not to bother.

Unreal how much bull**** some fans still swallow from the club after all the bull**** we've had down the years.

I agree on this. This got out of all proportions. Adams could instead of sending him a text message just waited until he turned up at the ground and say face to face that he would not play. That would have been the end of the whole affair and there would have been no twittergate.

You have no idea mate.

Two sides to every story.

We do not need players like him.

I know for a FACT he is not liked.

Fight his corner all you want.

I would prefer to fight the corner of PVFC.

The sooner he goes and we all move on the better.

It will happen.

Paul6754,

Best, Mathews, Finney, Barnes, Figo, Giggs, Ronaldo, Garincha, Bale, Nani, Valencia, Overmars, Lorimer, Thompson, Callaghan.

I would say most of them were inconsistent, especially Barnes (Peter - great one minute awful the next, John - great player for Liverpool but inconsistent for England), Figo (capable of great skill but more of a right side midfield player than an out and out winger), Ronaldo (frustrating as heck), Bale (not a true winger in the absolute sense), Nani (infuriating in the same way as JMW), Valencia (overrated), Overmars (inconsistent), Lorimer (not a winger IMO), Thompson, Callaghan (both inconsistent, Thompson could be brilliant one game and anonymous the next). Geoge Best was one of the best ever players to play the game, I remember watching a documentary about him, he himself saying that there were days when he stepped on the pitch and he felt he could do anything but days when it wasn't there. I didn't see enough of Mathews, Finney or Garrincha to have an opinion. Of the ones you list Giggs was probably the most consistent peformer on the wing.

Archived