onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Burge

j_grainger10

I believe Shuker merited an appearance last night.

Came on with 20 minutes to go against Chesterfield, set up Pope's equaliser.

Came on with about 30 seconds left of the Burton game, set up the seventh.

Myrie's set pieces were poor last night, I think Shuker is a better corner and free kick taker. He may be small and 'lightweight', but he has more creativity in his oversized forehead than Calvin Andrew possesses in his entire body. I don't care about Calvin's aerial 'prowess', he's complete and utter tripe.

Advert

I find the criticism of Jenno completely baffling as per usual. He wasn't our worst player on the pitch last night up to that point at all old sage. He's fast becoming the sacrificial lamb for the supporters to hang out to dry when we have a poor performance at home. Nobody was particularly at the races last night were they? Why do people single Jenno out? It's because he's an easy target as you'll get 30 morons around you in the Paddock joining in.

He's on the right wing because he can cut in and hit a shot. Yes, he misses quite a few times but according to the Vale site, he's knocked in 11 goals so far this season (approx 1 in 4) and is 2nd in the assists for the club which isn't a bad return from your winger. He has off games at times, but if he was consistently at his best he would be playing higher up the leagues. We've scored 82 goals in the league, mainly because we've played the 2 wingers on opposite wings for the season which has worked for a large part of the year. In case you missed it, he's torn Cheltenham and Burton apart the past two weeks and had a good game at Chesterfield too.

Very well said sir.

There's a selection of ***** in the railway stand who I think like to slate a selection of players just because they and their friends find it funny. Braindead idiots.

Jenno is the most frustrating player in the Football League, bar none! At times he can be so brilliant teasing full backs and spraying magic balls into the box but more often than not he is so predictable and hence fans get on his back. Yes he's a 2nd division player so most on here should recognise that if he did possess a right foot and went on the outside more to deliver crosses then he would be snapped up by Clubs in higher divisions. My belief is that when he's sprinting past defenders he NEVER looks up to see what ball is to be delivered. In Division 2 though he is as good as we are going to get. Live with it, he still is one singled out by the opposition to mark with more than one man. That should allow any half decent midfielder, backing up, to capitalise on the extra space provided.

It was a lethargic performance last night interrupted by a wonderfully taken MJW goal.

Griff was deservedly MoM, but in being so, defined the poor nature of our performance. Vale were dragged down to Aldershot's level. Once again we lacked the necessary guile and creativity to breakdown a well drilled unit. As has been so often the case in our poorer performances the midfield was problematical. Loft looked a shadow of his recent performances. Griff did the breaking up but offers little in distribution. I remember a couple of moments when Williamson was making runs on the shoulder of the defenders and it was crying out for a decisive pass :(

Hughes played well creating the opportunity for MJW and Pope was well shackled but could have grabbed an undeserved win right at the death.

At the end we were fortunate to get away with a point. That said I would have taken four points from six over the last two matches and it has been more advantageous to have taken the points off of Burton.

I hope the players can pick themselves up for Saturday. Personally I hope Chilvers is back with Purse in the centre of defence and Dodds get a start ahead of Loft whose fitness looked in doubt last night.

Looking forward to a cracking day out at Rochdale and 3 points is a must. #supervaleaway

Your old eyesight may be failing you if you think JMW was our worst player. Your constant criticism is a joke considering his contribution to the team this season. Wasn't he recently voted the 4th best player in the second division by the managers of all the other clubs. Old you maybe, sage like definately not.

Yes a great finish from a player who was without doubt was our worst player up until that moment. Come on George you must agree with this observation?

Absolute rubbish. He was the only one who looked like creating something and the only player who's first instinct wasn't to immediately hump it forward. Yes, his end product is inconsistent but you must have been watching a completely different game pal to spout the above tripe.

Yes a great finish from a player who was without doubt was our worst player up until that moment. Come on George you must agree with this observation?

Was it you sat behind me in the Railway Stand moaning constantly whenever JMW got the ball and then shut up when he scored? I really do hope so.

Problem we have is as he is our most skillful player by a country mile if something doesn't pay off the moronic element of our support get on his back. If he wasn't playing last night we would not have created anything!

Perhaps Old Sage would like Haldane back on the right?

Back to Burge and I hope he sorts out his differences with Micky but won't be joining a lynch mob against Micky if Burge has to leave. It's irony at it's best when those who have a go at Micky holding grudges are the same people who still hold a grudge against Micky for leaving for his dream job all that time ago.

Myrie-williams is predictable he always cuts inside, its useful being able to do but he rarely mixes it up. If he went round the outside and crossed Pope has a reasonable chance of scoring.

Calvin Andrew is a joke dire, terrible.

Burge is good but is he good enough to be allowed to disrupt the team, NO he isnt a Gazza or Romario where you put up with the strops because he is brilliant.

morsy is rash, flies into challenges when he should stay on his feet.In his defence he is young. But Im not convinced he can sit in midfield picking out clever passes or threading the ball in to our forwards. A spell out of the side turns players into Xavi's it seems.

Dodds I have always rated he is a class act and offers far more than Calvin Andrew. Assuming we go up I think L1 will suit him.

Lack of consistency yet again. Why was Roberts given a second chance? Why was no action taken against Tomo when he was broadcasting the going ons at the service station a few years back? Any action taken against Pope or Neal for there antics on the pitch the other week??? Burge is a silly boy but also harshly treated imo

The Pope and Neal thing wasn't that much of an issue we were losing they had row and it sparked them both to raise there game. Ok if we had gone on to collapse faor enough ******* them both but it helped. We have all rowed with team mates in different sports. Better a blazing row than to quietly go down. I suspect from what people have said it is more than Twitter gate that has done for Burge.

Lack of consistency yet again. Why was Roberts given a second chance? Why was no action taken against Tomo when he was broadcasting the going ons at the service station a few years back? Any action taken against Pope or Neal for there antics on the pitch the other week??? Burge is a silly boy but also harshly treated imo

Different manager, different owners and different coaching staff to some extent with Tommo. How can you compare the two incidents?!

The fact that Andrew came on, rather than say Dodds, shows 2 things:

He wanted the extra height in defence for us to hang on to 1-0;

Negative attitude creeping in. I remember he said after the Bradford game, "Both teams were set up not to lose.". Wrong, it was just us. If we lose to Rochdale, he'll soon see, which I'm sure he knows, how fickle we supporters can be.

Archived