onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Di Canio named Sunderland manager

Advert

Why is he what you call him. He gained promotion from League 2 as Champions and had Swindon challenging at the top of League 1 before leaving. He was then caught up in the issues around the sale of the club and clearance of debts. I seem to remember that O'Neill walked out on Villa for much less. Sunderland have good players, I would say significantly better than Stoke's for example, yet they languish at the bottom. Reading and QPR look doomed, he has to win a mini league with Wigan, Villa and maybe a few teams from lower mid table if they implode.

Why is he what you call him. He gained promotion from League 2 as Champions and had Swindon challenging at the top of League 1 before leaving. He was then caught up in the issues around the sale of the club and clearance of debts. I seem to remember that O'Neill walked out on Villa for much less.

To be fair, Warren, it would have been a disgrace if he hadn't taken Swindon up last year in view of the money he spent. Almost half a million quid in agents' fees for starters.

To replace Martin O'Neill with Di Canio is absolute lunacy the guy was a great footballer but as a manager he is a complete a***hole, I'm afraid this is a suicidal decision by the Black Cats & they're only going one way now DOWN

Whilst he may be a questionable person his record as a manager so far, albeit in a lower league, is fantastic. You can't fault it. Out of the potential out of work managers out there he's as good as they could have got IMO.

Whilst he may be a questionable person his record as a manager so far, albeit in a lower league, is fantastic. You can't fault it. Out of the potential out of work managers out there he's as good as they could have got IMO.

What about Champions League winner Roberto di Matteo?!!

I understand people disagreeing with his fascist views but surely in a world of freedom of speech he's allowed to hold any political views he wishes? As long as he's not physically hurting anyone? Isn't Sunderland fans attempting to prevent him becoming manger because if his political views a form a facism in its self?

I understand people disagreeing with his fascist views but surely in a world of freedom of speech he's allowed to hold any political views he wishes? As long as he's not physically hurting anyone? Isn't Sunderland fans attempting to prevent him becoming manger because if his political views a form a facism in its self?

Always a difficult point, this 'as long as he's not physically hurting someone'.

By extending your logic, you should also be happy then to have someone who thinks paedophilia should be legal and encouraged, and perhaps someone who thinks suicide bombing of innocents is ok - these would be fine as managers/directors too ?

To be fair, Warren, it would have been a disgrace if he hadn't taken Swindon up last year in view of the money he spent. Almost half a million quid in agents' fees for starters.

Agree entirely and we're about to see if he has it or not. My prediction is Sunderland will go down, Di canio will be able to spend boat loads of money and get them back into the Prem. at the first time of asking and be hailed the best thing since sliced bread.

PS My last 3 pedictions on the future of newly appointed managers were all way off the mark.

Archived