onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Di Canio named Sunderland manager

On 26 March 2013 Milliband announced he will leave Parliament to take up a post as the head of the International Rescue Committee in New York City.

Is he going to work for Thunderbirds?:unsure:

No, he is going to work for RICH International Thunderbirds at a salary of about £300,000, more than twice his brother would get if he becomes Prime Minister!

Advert

On 26 March 2013 Milliband announced he will leave Parliament to take up a post as the head of the International Rescue Committee in New York City.

Is he going to work for Thunderbirds?:unsure:

Have to ask John on Thunderbird 5 because obviously Tracey Island is in an unknown location.

No, he is going to work for RICH International Thunderbirds at a salary of about £300,000, more than twice his brother would get if he becomes Prime Minister!

Is he trying to catch this bloke up?:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301755/Blair-heads-gold-rush-Burma-Former-Prime-Minister-opens-new-personal-empire-junta-relaxes-grip.html

They appear to be taking the route of throwing a bold, charismatic character in to inspire the players to a few crucial results, as a few is all it will take. Could be a clever appointment and ensure their survival. Over two & a half years, however, he's got it all to prove. He didn't prove as much at Swindon as it would first appear, as already stated it was ridiculous how many players he brought in, and the resources available to him. Let's be honest, over two & a half years, it's a matter of time before he falls out with people and the whole thing turns into a circus. A lot of us expected Swindon to turn into a circus, and to a degree it did, it was somewhat covered up by him having a lot of power to send people away and sign replacements. They seemed to sign a new player everytime they lost, it was ridiculous. He's far too volatile to make a long-term manager.

They appear to be taking the route of throwing a bold, charismatic character in to inspire the players to a few crucial results, as a few is all it will take. Could be a clever appointment and ensure their survival. Over two & a half years, however, he's got it all to prove. He didn't prove as much at Swindon as it would first appear, as already stated it was ridiculous how many players he brought in, and the resources available to him. Let's be honest, over two & a half years, it's a matter of time before he falls out with people and the whole thing turns into a circus. A lot of us expected Swindon to turn into a circus, and to a degree it did, it was somewhat covered up by him having a lot of power to send people away and sign replacements. They seemed to sign a new player everytime they lost, it was ridiculous. He's far too volatile to make a long-term manager.

I personally think Sunderland have made a huge mistake. It's not just his political beliefs either (though I would not be happy having him at my club if I was a Sunderland fan) but I simply don't think he will get the best out of the squad anyway.

The Sunderland side is a "typical" Martin O'Neill side IMO. It's got lots of hard-working, grafters (Gardner, Vaughan, Colbeck, Wickham et al) but little in the way of flair. When di Canio was appointed Swindon boss in May 2011 he had the summer to ring the changes and bring in his own players - here he has to work with what he has been given and in my mind, no amount of ranting at David Vaughan is going to turn him into a flair player.

This media outage of Di Canio must be being stage managed by the liberal establishment elitests that are turning our country into the World laughing stock. Where was this outrage during his previous football employment? Dangerous times now when you have / have had opinions that go against the establishment clique. Good luck to the bloke, I hope he keeps them up.

This media outage of Di Canio must be being stage managed by the liberal establishment elitests that are turning our country into the World laughing stock

Do these liberals include the likes of rupert Murdoch?

And I've not seen anything to suggest other countries see us as a laughing stock either. Maybe your opinion, but not one I've seen shared.

There was no outrage when he was at Swindon because no one cares about lower league teams. And a sensationalist story about a prem team sells more papers than that if a league 1/2 team. I'm sure league 2 players have affairs, but only when it's Rooney/terry/beckham does it make the front pages. Same as in any country with a free media, so not sure why they would be laughing at us.

Do these liberals include the likes of rupert Murdoch?

And I've not seen anything to suggest other countries see us as a laughing stock either. Maybe your opinion, but not one I've seen shared.

There was no outrage when he was at Swindon because no one cares about lower league teams. And a sensationalist story about a prem team sells more papers than that if a league 1/2 team. I'm sure league 2 players have affairs, but only when it's Rooney/terry/beckham does it make the front pages. Same as in any country with a free media, so not sure why they would be laughing at us.

Laughing Stock? Soft benefit system, inability to deport dangerous / radical preachers and support them and their families whilst an army of Human Rights lawyers line their own pockets. I don't agree at all with your reasoning for only bringing this story to us now, as there is a real appetite for good story on anyone in football when it's either racism, homophobic or radical opinions. Di Canio has always been "high profile" with his big spending and touchline antics.

Laughing Stock? Soft benefit system, inability to deport dangerous / radical preachers and support them and their families whilst an army of Human Rights lawyers line their own pockets. I don't agree at all with your reasoning for only bringing this story to us now, as there is a real appetite for good story on anyone in football when it's either racism, homophobic or radical opinions. Di Canio has always been "high profile" with his big spending and touchline antics.

Like I said, that is your opinion which is fine. But I don't see anything to suggest we are a laughing stock. I'd say our welfare system/health system and justice system are things to be proud of, and can't understand why we knock it. I'd prefer our system than a whole host of countries (1st world to 3 rd world). Are we basing the reputation of the country on deporting one radical Muslim?

How can you not agree with my reasoning for the story being brought up now? Just as he moves to a pre, team, when before it was ignored. Why else was it brought up at the same time? Surely the liberal elite would have run the story when at Swindon if he was just as high profile then?

I don't agree at all with your reasoning for only bringing this story to us now, as there is a real appetite for good story on anyone in football when it's either racism, homophobic or radical opinions. Di Canio has always been "high profile" with his big spending and touchline antics.

Has the Sun (covering the di Canio story extensively today) turned into a "liberal" newspaper overnight?

As Barney Ronay put it in the Guardian today: "there is an excellent point to be made about the lack of attention paid to events in the lower leagues. But the fact is this debate is happening now, and it is happening, rightly or wrongly, simply because Sunderland is a grander concern, more widely seen, more widely supported and reported. If Di Canio were to declare himself a fascist while running a suburban corner shop it would seem less of a pastoral, representative issue than if he were to do so as a director of Tesco. It is the same question of degree and scale that applies to all things."

Archived