onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Same stories, rallying fans

yorky valiant

This isnt a moan its more of a point, but don't you think every sentinel story or report on the pvfc official website is a rallying call for supporters to back the team! I do understand the calls to rally to a certain degree but i go to nearly every vale game home and away what i can afford and all i read is 'we need the supporters'! I know there are fans that stop away and we need a big push for promotion and everybody isnt the same as me but the team and manager need to give us as supporters something to rally round about

Advert

Jimmy- its not just the players asking for support its everybody! You might think its a pointless thread but isnt this what forum are about and then you come on and say pointless thread, thats pointless

Think the rallying calls are more for the floaters than the obvious regulars who will atend whatever Vale serve up(that includes me). We need ALL people to come to Vale to spur the lads on so I think all the posters and newspaper columns are really meant to entice more fans to the stadium.

We are in a good postion and i know my post seems a moan but we try are best to back our team

We all back the team 100%,until we go two goals down at home before half-time.We need to support our team throughout the game,no matter what the score and it will have to be a big improvement on the last 3 home games.

:yes:

This isnt a moan its more of a point, but don't you think every sentinel story or report on the pvfc official website is a rallying call for supporters to back the team! I do understand the calls to rally to a certain degree but i go to nearly every vale game home and away what i can afford and all i read is 'we need the supporters'! I know there are fans that stop away and we need a big push for promotion and everybody isnt the same as me but the team and manager need to give us as supporters something to rally round about

Without sounding rude, you don't have to read them. ;)

I don't think it's surprising nor a coincidence that we are getting the same message. I think there has been clear media instructions passed down to use that particular line and personally I agree with it. It shows a professional approach to PR.

I personally think the club were a little rattled by the criticism that came during the lean spell and I think they realised that everyone had to get "on message" from the manager to the players to the club staff.

Personally, I think it's good to see and professional that the club are repeating the message.

It may be monotonous and to some degree boring - but I'd much rather have a boring, well-run, professional club than an "exciting", dysfunctional one.

Over the last few years, prior to this board, we've surely had enough examples of unprofessionalism, mixed messages and so on from the boardroom down to last us a lifetime

Without sounding rude, you don't have to read them. ;)

I don't think it's surprising nor a coincidence that we are getting the same message. I think there has been clear media instructions passed down to use that particular line and personally I agree with it. It shows a professional approach to PR.

I personally think the club were a little rattled by the criticism that came during the lean spell and I think they realised that everyone had to get "on message" from the manager to the players to the club staff.

Personally, I think it's good to see and professional that the club are repeating the message.

It may be monotonous and to some degree boring - but I'd much rather have a boring, well-run, professional club than an "exciting", dysfunctional one.

Over the last few years, prior to this board, we've surely had enough examples of unprofessionalism, mixed messages and so on from the boardroom down to last us a lifetime

100% with you.

I agree with what Rob has said above, things were getting a bit tense between fans and the club a few weeks back and the loss of form was getting to everyone leading up to Micky's outburst after the Torquay game. Since then I suspect the owners have taken it upon themselves to pull everyone together with the many rallying messages coming out of the club and it seems to have steadied the ship along with the much needed win at York which would have reduced the Valium intake all round!:ninja::D

It's p[robably the case that players asking for support are actually just replying to the questions that are put to them by the Sentinel or Radio Stoke. The local media have to ask them something, and aren't going to ask Adam Yates if he has had a new garden fence so to some extent they put words into mouths. Summat and nuffink, and no big deal.

Archived