onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Trouble yesterday

j_grainger10

Family football club = no atmosphere...unless you count face-painters and jester hats as atmosphere.

Just ask old-skool fans of Reading, Boro etc.

If I want a family atmosphere I'll go to Mothercare, thanks.

Or IF you want to fight then join the force's.;)

Advert

Family football club = no atmosphere...unless you count face-painters and jester hats as atmosphere.

Just ask old-skool fans of Reading, Boro etc.

If I want a family atmosphere I'll go to Mothercare, thanks.

You make a good point. The matchday experience has become increasingly sanitised. I long for the days of casual racism and misogyny to return. In the 70's I could stand on the Bycars with a banana in my pocket (not a euphemism) and a Bernard Manning joke on my lips. Proper Saturday afternoon, that.

The Pink Pony pub? Since when have poppers been a Class B drug?

This is just another example of unfairly highlighting football related arrests and trouble from the Police and Press. 5 arrests at an event with 3,600 spectators, it's hardly worth writing home about is it?

I'd suspect that the number of arrests related to stag do's and non-football related drunken behaviou on Saturday night in York was significantly higher than this, yet as usual it's football that gets the press. I've failed to read anything about the pair of stag do's having a mass brawl opposite O'Neills at about 7pm in the evening. Odd that.

This is just another example of unfairly highlighting football related arrests and trouble from the Police and Press. 5 arrests at an event with 3,600 spectators, it's hardly worth writing home about is it?

I'd suspect that the number of arrests related to stag do's and non-football related drunken behaviou on Saturday night in York was significantly higher than this, yet as usual it's football that gets the press. I've failed to read anything about the pair of stag do's having a mass brawl opposite O'Neills at about 7pm in the evening. Odd that.

Wrong attitude

That's the correct attitude

Isnt there a slight amount of irony in the fact that it was a gay bar where this kicked off? Anyway, sadly, some may think, but we all need a hooligan element or the atmosphere would be worse than ever.

It wasn't in the gay bar, just on the street where the gay bar was. They were arrested outside another pub just up from there. We saw all the kids they had banned from the town. They all looked 14.

Wrong attitude

Why? If you actually break down what has happened in the incident that has been reported you've got one Vale fan who's been done for section 5 of the public order act, which is the charge that police land on people if they can't find a real criminal charge to do them with. They'd do you on section 5 for kicking an empty coke can along the street if they wanted to arrest you.

The other two have been done for personal possession which if it wasn't at a football match would be taken off them and more than likely left as a caution. The "dozens" of York fans banned from town for the evening looked under the age of criminal responsibility to me so were not worth processing by the police. What's the point if you can't get the stats? Mountains being made out of molehills to justify heavy-handed policing as usual.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-21820895

interesting - 87 arrests before a non-league game

Remember, most police forces have a "Football Intelligence Unit" who manage to make a full-time job out of dealing with an issue (football violence) that is a fraction of what it used to be.

The unit(s) in question were unable to prevent a dust-up between those football giants Nuneaton and Lincoln.

Shouldn't heads roll for this, given there was some history between the clubs? If not, why not?

Why? If you actually break down what has happened in the incident that has been reported you've got one Vale fan who's been done for section 5 of the public order act, which is the charge that police land on people if they can't find a real criminal charge to do them with. They'd do you on section 5 for kicking an empty coke can along the street if they wanted to arrest you.

The other two have been done for personal possession which if it wasn't at a football match would be taken off them and more than likely left as a caution. The "dozens" of York fans banned from town for the evening looked under the age of criminal responsibility to me so were not worth processing by the police. What's the point if you can't get the stats? Mountains being made out of molehills to justify heavy-handed policing as usual.

There'll be none of that talk around here.

Now move along before you are detained on suspicion of talking sense.

Archived