onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tomlinson reception

Advert

I went to Burton earlier in the season. He got a bucket load of abuse. The lad took it all in his stride and even had a smile and a bit of banter back.

Then Burton scored and his reaction? Nothing. Bowed his head, walking around his penalty area. I thought that showed great respect. For the amount of grief he was getting he could have easily gone jumping up and down when his team scored. He didnt. That said a lot about the man for me and the respect he has for Port Vale.

Yes, he thought he was worth better and he left us. Who knows? He may be right. He may be a league above us next season or it could be the other way around.

That being said he will get the odd boo off me when he plays us and i suspect many many more. But on a personal level i have a lot pf respect for the guy.

I wouldnt swap him for Chris Neal though. Not in a million years.

I went to Burton earlier in the season. He got a bucket load of abuse. The lad took it all in his stride and even had a smile and a bit of banter back.

Then Burton scored and his reaction? Nothing. Bowed his head, walking around his penalty area. I thought that showed great respect. For the amount of grief he was getting he could have easily gone jumping up and down when his team scored. He didnt. That said a lot about the man for me and the respect he has for Port Vale.

Yes, he thought he was worth better and he left us. Who knows? He may be right. He may be a league above us next season or it could be the other way around.

That being said he will get the odd boo off me when he plays us and i suspect many many more. But on a personal level i have a lot pf respect for the guy.

I wouldnt swap him for Chris Neal though. Not in a million years.

Rats leave sinking Ships PM........He is still a ****......

Like most ex players who leave the vale, I believe he will get a bit if relatively good natured barracking. The abuse that the lad got at their place from a "few" fans was a little out of order and as has been mentioned before, he took it all without biting.

Tommo will go down as a bit if an enigma with me. There is no doubt hat at he start of his vale career, I thought that we had got a very decent goalie who had the potential to be very good and his first season was very solid. It just seemed that when the mistakes started to happen and perhaps a little dwn to Micky not knowing who his number one was and giving neither a massive run in the side, that his confidence dipped and the mistakes happened more frequently, culminating in last years considerable points lost de to his mistakes!

From my seat this year, Neal has been a revelation for 99% of the time and more importantly, the back four are much more comfortable playing in front of him as opposed to Tommo.

No real axe to grind with Tommo for me. I hope that burton go up as well as vale as it us another match on our doorstep which will hopefully be in a Saturday next season!

Awful keeper, who was in our side because the vastly over rated Chris Martin was worse. Respect the guy for the way he held himself at their place though. When we play them he will just be another opposition player. No friend but also no massive enemy.

I would applaud him for moving on and allowing a much, much better keeper joining us, infact I would shake his hand. :b&g:

Cruel, but accurate! And if he plays, for the same reason, we should bombard him with lots of crosses--so he can get under or drop these as he used to for us!

Archived