onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lets not forget we can go top Tuesday

Advert

Great positive post.

I thought Adams was spot on his interview apart from the fact that he is never asked about his selections.

I still feel we will go up, however for me it is no coincidence that we are conceding goals with McCombe back.

We need Shuker or Morsy in midfield in place of Andrew, Chilvers at CH, either Dodds or Hughes with Pope.

Play the ball along the deck and keep shooting from outside the box-the last 2 goals have come this way and Burge hit the bar with his shot.

Keep believing..............

Call me pessimistic and a doom monger but i just cant see us seeing things through to promotion. We have been having lacklustre performances for a while now, the difference recently is that the opposition has been good enough to punish us for them. Our form over the last month has been relegation not promotion! Micky doesnt seem to be able to find a solution to the problems of not scoring and we have now started to leak goals again, like earlier in the season. Certain players are stuck on bench warming duties, like Chris Birchall, while others are getting a run in the side and not doing much? With 11 games left and the gap getting ever smaller behind us i would say that we need to win at least another 6 games to get near to automatic promotion. If our form continues as it is we will be lucky to make the dreaded playoffs - and I don`t think the team has the bottle to succeed in that lottery! I would love to see the Vale pull it out of the bag and go up but I just can`t see it happening with things the way they are right now :(

11 to go. 5 points clear of the playoff places with a superior goaldifference. We would have all taken that back in August when we had no owners, no player contracts, no kit, no stadium fit enough to play a friendly. People are forgetting where we have come from.

Our form after 30 games has been superb. And now we are going through a rough patch.

The doom and gloom merchants on this site are out in force again.

The trouble is, its not just this site but in the ground itself.

Against Exeter i witnessed first hand the moans and groans at misplaced passes even before Exeter scored.

Its madness.

Im asking myself if its a Stoke on Trent thing. I am amazed at the moaning and the "Ive given up" attitude.

No wonder the city is on its **** with that kind of negative mentality pouring through it.

I think we can all agree that we dont agree with Mickys stubbornness in playing Calvin Andrew. And yes, we seem to be getting overun in the midfield at times but some of the complete rubbish i hear like "Adams out" is borderline dillusional.

We are going through a blip. We arent worldbeaters. Never have been. I predicted us to finish 14th at the start of the season!

Remember when Gillingham were losing week in week out at home to the likes of Barnet and Wycombe? Their fans werent overreacting and they seem to have got through their blip.

I hope we come out of ours on Tuesday. I hope the players are fired up and i reckon they will be. The next win that comes along will get the lads up and running again. Do i think we are bottling it? A little, yes. But ultimately i dont believe for one second that we will do the full bottle job.

We will get promoted automatically. Micky Adams, i believe, is the man to steer us forward and we have exciting times ahead with our new owners.

If anyone is that adamant that we will blow automatic promotion i will have them a 250 pounds charity bet that we wont. First come takes the bet. I have no doubt whatsoever that we wont go up automatically. And lets face it, if and when that happens it will be a fantastic achievement considering where we were back in August.

Will Micky Adams get any credit for ot though? I wont hold my breath.

Heres to a bumpy ride.

Up the Vale.

11 to go. 5 points clear of the playoff places with a superior goaldifference. We would have all taken that back in August when we had no owners, no player contracts, no kit, no stadium fit enough to play a friendly. People are forgetting where we have come from.

Our form after 30 games has been superb. And now we are going through a rough patch.

Against Exeter i witnessed first hand the moans and groans at misplaced passes even before Exeter scored.

Its madness.

Im asking myself if its a Stoke on Trent thing. I am amazed at the moaning and the "Ive given up" attitude.

No wonder the city is on its **** with that kind of negative mentality pouring through it.

I think we can all agree that we dont agree with Mickys stubbornness in playing Calvin Andrew. And yes, we seem to be getting overun in the midfield at times but some of the complete rubbish i hear like "Adams out" is borderline dillusional.

We are going through a blip. We arent worldbeaters. Never have been. I predicted us to finish 14th at the start of the season!

Remember when Gillingham were losing week in week out at home to the likes of Barnet and Wycombe? Their fans werent overreacting and they seem to have got through their blip.

I hope we come out of ours on Tuesday. I hope the players are fired up and i reckon they will be. The next win that comes along will get the lads up and running again. Do i think we are bottling it? A little, yes. But ultimately i dont believe for one second that we will do the full bottle job.

We will get promoted automatically. Micky Adams, i believe, is the man to steer us forward and we have exciting times ahead with our new owners.

If anyone is that adamant that we will blow automatic promotion i will have them a 250 pounds charity bet that we wont. First come takes the bet. I have no doubt whatsoever that we wont go up automatically. And lets face it, if and when that happens it will be a fantastic achievement considering where we were back in August.

Heres to a bumpy ride.

Up the Vale.

Spot on. Great post. Get your tin hat on though.

Its madness.

Heres to a bumpy ride.

Up the Vale.

Great post.

Apart from the Andrew bit, he was far from the worst player yesterday and looked ok against Wimbledon. That's all I've seen of him though, so maybe I've seen the best and missed the worst?

Great positive post.

I thought Adams was spot on his interview apart from the fact that he is never asked about his selections.

I still feel we will go up, however for me it is no coincidence that we are conceding goals with McCombe back.

We need Shuker or Morsy in midfield in place of Andrew, Chilvers at CH, either Dodds or Hughes with Pope.

Play the ball along the deck and keep shooting from outside the box-the last 2 goals have come this way and Burge hit the bar with his shot.

Keep believing..............

I believe..............

it's quite amazing really the poor run of results and were still one win from top depending on results

just shows how poor this league really is and why we need get out

Or maybe its because our form up to 30 games was superb, giving us a little bit of scope incase we had our said blip.

Or maybe its because our form up to 30 games was superb, giving us a little bit of scope incase we had our said blip.

True. Its a long league season and there's always ups and downs. Clubs have to prove themselves over a long period of time and in different weathers. So the brilliant form of earlier in the season has stood us in good stead for this blip. This league is so tight this year, last Saturday 10 of the 12 matches involved promotion or relegation issues. Last season Macclesfield were relegated with 37 points. This year its looking like 47 will be more likely for safety. There are no easy matches at this stage of the season as all the stugglers are fighting hard for their Football League existence.

Archived