onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starting XI against bradford? Other pre game stuff

mitchpvfc

Lots of opinions on what the team should be. Today, i thought we got overun in the midfield at times again, poor service from the two wingers, no creativity or sharpness up top and both Purse and Mccombe shaky at centre half. Things need to be freshened up urgently i feel.

Anyway my team would be:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Jones

Myrie Williams

Morsy

Burge

Loft

Dodds

Pope

Chilvers in for Mccombe as if i remember rightly, Purse and him were getting clean sheets for fun before he got injured and are both on their favoured sides. Morsy back in for that bite in midfield and Lofty pushed out wide for the energy and to tighten up the midfield. Dodds back in for his creative spark and hopefully provide some service for Pope. Thoughts?

Advert

I'd drop JMW, he's just not getting to the by-line, the lad is self obsessed at present... Cutting in all the time looking to get a shot off.

I do hope he's reading this and takes note for Tuesday, I can't see Micky dropping him.

Yeah i thought Williamson looked alright but never looked like scoring or creating anything. Suppose Dodds was poor when he came on but was out of position. It worked earlier on in the season so it should work now. Popey looks tired but hes the focal point, only Hughes could come in instead i feel. JMW badly needs to step up his game...

this sickness bug is very debilitating as anyone who has caught it would testify so if the squad is suffering from it then there's your answer to the lackluster performances but a couple of new faces would help and as i've said before give those who aren't producing a kick up the ringpiece, will be interesting to see who micky brings in.

Neal

Duffy

McCombe

Purse

Jones

Morsey

Birchall

Burge

Loft

Hughes

Pope

might be lacking a bit on the wing but we have 2 very attacking fullbacks and the midfield looks more solid. Morsey to do the dirty work whilst Burge, loft and Birchall provide the service ori 2 prolific strikers....in theory

Neal

Duffy

McCombe

Purse

Jones

Morsey

Birchall

Burge

Loft

Hughes

Pope

might be lacking a bit on the wing but we have 2 very attacking fullbacks and the midfield looks more solid. Morsey to do the dirty work whilst Burge, loft and Birchall provide the service ori 2 prolific strikers....in theory

Were lacking on the wing when the wingers play anyway, morsy has to play

Lots of opinions on what the team should be. Today, i thought we got overun in the midfield at times again, poor service from the two wingers, no creativity or sharpness up top and both Purse and Mccombe shaky at centre half. Things need to be freshened up urgently i feel.

Anyway my team would be:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Jones

Myrie Williams

Morsy

Burge

Loft

Dodds

Pope

Chilvers in for Mccombe as if i remember rightly, Purse and him were getting clean sheets for fun before he got injured and are both on their favoured sides. Morsy back in for that bite in midfield and Lofty pushed out wide for the energy and to tighten up the midfield. Dodds back in for his creative spark and hopefully provide some service for Pope. Thoughts?

Move Duffy to centre back and put Yates at right back. Then maybe Shuker for JMW as he's been off form of late. Otherwise that's a good side. Give Dodds a go!

I think there are some good suggestions on here. Hughes is obviously a penalty box goalscorer and if we are going to play 442 I would suggest needs to play. 451 or 452 allows other options. I think three at the back is possible but I would keep Jones at wing back because he has the ability to run and cross and can defend. The issue is then at right wing back.

We can't start so far off the pace as happened against Exeter throughout the first half and therefore we need be certain players who played on Saturday are 100% recovered or bring in some new legs.

The team that beat Rotherham at home 6-2 had Shuker, Dodds and Morsy in it. I think we must be better in central midfield with an additional player able to be there and link going forward. I also think we need to stop giving away cheap goals. I feel the games we have lost at home over the last few months where we have not broken the opposition down should have all ended nil nill. In the end Exeter only had a few chances and they took them. Morecambe also had few chances and their goal lived a charmed life. But lets say we swap 4 defeats at home with 4 nil nils our position and confidence would be a lot more healthy.

I'm only looking for one thing for Tuesday's team - Calvin Andrew to be nowhere near it. When he was bought in, we assumed it was as a target man, a back up in case Pope got injured; sensible plan, not a huge wage and gave us strength in depth. However, Micky seems to be of the opinion that he's a game changer, a clas above what we already have, someone who will improve a team that was already top of the league. He's not.

If he wants someone to play off or alongside Pope, he's got Williamson or Dodds (both with decent goal returns so far and both played their part in getting us in the position we are) or Hughes (good games to goal ratio in the games he's played and superb record with other clubs). If he wants someone to strengthen up the midfield, he's got Shuker and Morsey (again, both have played their part early season in getting us where we are). If he wants to give one of the wingers a rest but still have someone out wide, he's got Birchall (proved a higher level than this), Rob Taylor (best crosser at the club?), or the choice of pushing Daniel Jones up or Loft out wide.

However, despite all of this, Micky insists that Calvin Andrew (1 goal in 13 Vale games and that was deflected off his backside, 7 goals in his entre career, poor write-up from Palace fans) is the solution. I'd argue that there was never a problem.

I wonder how all of the players above must be feeling? Get the side to the top of the league and be rewarded by someone else being brought in, who then contributes nothing for game after game yet still gets a start. I'm starting to think that he must know something about Micky and be blackmailing him, it's the only sensible explanation.

Archived