onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starting XI against bradford? Other pre game stuff

mitchpvfc

I think there are some good suggestions on here. Hughes is obviously a penalty box goalscorer and if we are going to play 442 I would suggest needs to play. 451 or 452 allows other options. I think three at the back is possible but I would keep Jones at wing back because he has the ability to run and cross and can defend. The issue is then at right wing back.

We can't start so far off the pace as happened against Exeter throughout the first half and therefore we need be certain players who played on Saturday are 100% recovered or bring in some new legs.

The team that beat Rotherham at home 6-2 had Shuker, Dodds and Morsy in it. I think we must be better in central midfield with an additional player able to be there and link going forward. I also think we need to stop giving away cheap goals. I feel the games we have lost at home over the last few months where we have not broken the opposition down should have all ended nil nill. In the end Exeter only had a few chances and they took them. Morecambe also had few chances and their goal lived a charmed life. But lets say we swap 4 defeats at home with 4 nil nils our position and confidence would be a lot more healthy.

We might have a chance with 4-5-2!

Advert

We might have a chance with 4-5-2!

I think we need another one in midfield.6 might stop us getting overrun in midfield;)We're second in the league,it's only a blip.Can someone tell me ,when does a blip become a blop?:rolleyes:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Jones

Myrie Williams

Morsy

Burge

Loft

Dodds

Pope

I think I might go with Duffy and Purse as centre backs with Yates at right back.

My money's on MA going for Hughes and Pope up front.

After today where for 75 mins we looked like the side most likely win ,the team I'd select his this.

Neal

Duffy purse Jones

Shuker Morsy Burge Loft

Williamson

Pope Hughes

We have too go for it now Williamson did very well today .

Myrie Williams is a marked man and isn't enjoying it at present ,I'd honestly get Shuker and Morsy in we need to get the ball in so Popey and Hughsey can get on the end of them .

3 at the back is bold but we can always change the system once ahead the secret is too get ahead.

Brilliantly bonkers as ever. At least we now know the guarded secret of winning a game of football is scoring goals though,

For me, I'd play the team and tactics that will beat Bradford, which is not necessarily the best team on paper. That means scouting the opposition (which it never looks like we do) and highlighting their weaknesses.

Dont see the point of new faces. JUst need to get the players up for it again. Look at the bench yesterday. We had, Dodds, Hughes, Shuker, Vincent, Morsey, Birchall - all good players, why do we need more bench warmers? . Morsey has to start against Bradford. Calvin out Morsey in with Loft on the LHS. Hughes up front with Pope. Hughes will score goals. I would also drop Mccombe, does not look match fit.

Neal

Duffy Purse Yates

Morsey Burge Loft Jones

Williamson

Pope Hughes

No wingers as they are offering nothing at present, Williamson can open up defenses through the middle. Mcombe is ok but I dont rate his hoof ball distribution. Jones looks threatening going forward, while the other three in midfield are all good ball players, we always look better when we play the ball on the ground

I don't even know. It depends how Bradford set up. Anything like the JPT game then we need 3 central midfielders. Or Loft playing on the left of a midfield 4 so he can come inside to help out and track back so Jones isn't left to play against 2 men all the time!

I don't want to see Calvin Andrew anywhere near the starting 11. If he is, and we lose then it is official, Adams has lost the plot.

Lots of opinions on what the team should be. Today, i thought we got overun in the midfield at times again, poor service from the two wingers, no creativity or sharpness up top and both Purse and Mccombe shaky at centre half. Things need to be freshened up urgently i feel.

Anyway my team would be:

Neal

Duffy

Purse

Chilvers

Jones

Myrie Williams

Morsy

Burge

Loft

Dodds

Pope

Chilvers in for Mccombe as if i remember rightly, Purse and him were getting clean sheets for fun before he got injured and are both on their favoured sides. Morsy back in for that bite in midfield and Lofty pushed out wide for the energy and to tighten up the midfield. Dodds back in for his creative spark and hopefully provide some service for Pope. Thoughts?

I'd like to see us move towards that line-up, but don't think it will happen, unless injuries / suspensions give a helping hand.

Shuker, Hughes and Williamson on standby if it looks lacking in creativity / goals.

Archived