onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Balance of the side.

Torquay Valiant

Advert

If he persists in playing 2 wingers he has to have 3 in central midfield one of which needs to play advanced.This will leave Tom up front on his own.The advanced midfield or in the hole player is Louis Dodds.It's worked before,it can work again.I thought we could get away with 4-4-2 at home but that's not the case at the moment.Who plays 4-4-2 anymore?Man Utd?Man City? Nope.4-4-1-1 is just as attacking and more flexible.

I agree with the midfield problems, and we are not creating enough for the forwards as things stand, and in my opinion this is the main problem. Also its not about who is partnering Pope up front it's simply about him having one of those runs, I just wish the ball had hit Popey on the **** at Torquay and not Andrews as I just think he needs a goal. Popey has had chances that prior to this mini run would have gone in.

It' will not happen but my team for Saturday would be -

--------Neal-------

Yates-Duffy-Purse-Lofty

Shuker-Morsy-Burge-Jones

----Hughes--Pope

Bringing Doddsy on after 60 mins for Hughes, as I dont think doddsy is 100% match sharp yet to give hime more than 30 mins or so.

I also think that both wingers are crying out for a rest, prior to this season JMW has only ever played at most about 25 games and alot of season he has played alot less, this season he has played about 38.

The same with Vincent, the most he has played is about 37 he has played 36 already this season.

Personally a rest for a couple of weeks will make them fresher for the final run in.

Spot on with that team, i would like to see that as well. I think people have been a little bit harsh on Shuker as him and Morsey were stating every game at the beginning of the season when we were doing well. I would also like to see Jones left midfield as i think he has goals in him and electric pace.

I agree with the midfield problems, and we are not creating enough for the forwards as things stand, and in my opinion this is the main problem. Also its not about who is partnering Pope up front it's simply about him having one of those runs, I just wish the ball had hit Popey on the **** at Torquay and not Andrews as I just think he needs a goal. Popey has had chances that prior to this mini run would have gone in.

It' will not happen but my team for Saturday would be -

--------Neal-------

Yates-Duffy-Purse-Lofty

Shuker-Morsy-Burge-Jones

----Hughes--Pope

Bringing Doddsy on after 60 mins for Hughes, as I dont think doddsy is 100% match sharp yet to give hime more than 30 mins or so.

I also think that both wingers are crying out for a rest, prior to this season JMW has only ever played at most about 25 games and alot of season he has played alot less, this season he has played about 38.

The same with Vincent, the most he has played is about 37 he has played 36 already this season.

Personally a rest for a couple of weeks will make them fresher for the final run in.

Spot on with that team, i would like to see that as well. I think people have been a little bit harsh on Shuker as him and Morsey were stating every game at the beginning of the season when we were doing well. I would also like to see Jones left midfield as i think he has goals in him and electric pace.

Well I suggest you read all the other threads and on other topics and see who is slagging him off...he even came on radio and mentioned it after Torquays game from people who should know better!!

Spot on Carpetman and the same people will be singing his praises when we get promoted in a few weeks time.Its about time we all buried our differences and called a truce just for the remainder of the season and got behind PVFC 100%

Anyone who has actually watched recent games can surely see that the midfield has been over run. Burge and Loft are good players at this level but if you have two non tackling wingers it is easy for other teams too flood the midfield and strangle the game.

Adams is a good manager at this level but if the system is not working why wait until mid way throught the second half before making any changes

IMO this forum has been created to discuss and state your views. Obviously that may involve a differing of views with others including people at the club which includes MA.

However it is beyond me what good booing your team off at half time or the end of the match is going to achieve.

We all believe that WE know the best team,tactics and subs to make at various times. Unfortunately for all of us championship managers, me included, only one person has the final say.

Therefore, yes discuss and state our views, but please get behind the team and management for the full duration of matches both home and away. After all we all want the same outcome, don't we?

totally agree with OP,balance of side could be better.agree with his choice of side.

and just because we are discussing the team n tactics on here its not having ago at micky at all.

its just a discussion fan all over the world do,if it stopped it would be a poor game to love as we do.

also these discussions are no different at all from the old style..of chatting abt your side in your local or at work.

He's digging himself into a hole. Any changes he makes now that coincide with the opinions expressed by the majority of fans could be seen as an admission that we were right all along. On P&G last night he accused fans of thinking that they can do his job better than he can. That's ridiculous. We are merely making suggestions on how to improve recent performances based on the evidence of what we see happening on the pitch. Football managers we certainly aren't but most of us have enough experience though watching football for many years to qualify us to voice our opinions. I suspect that what makes fans angry and frustrated is that we identify the the need for change whereas Adams seems intent on picking the same team in hope that certain players will play their ways out of this sticky patch. Is he right? Only time will tell.

He's digging himself into a hole. Any changes he makes now that coincide with the opinions expressed by the majority of fans could be seen as an admission that we were right all along. On P&G last night he accused fans of thinking that they can do his job better than he can. That's ridiculous. We are merely making suggestions on how to improve recent performances based on the evidence of what we see happening on the pitch. Football managers we certainly aren't but most of us have enough experience though watching football for many years to qualify us to voice our opinions. I suspect that what makes fans angry and frustrated is that we identify the the need for change whereas Adams seems intent on picking the same team in hope that certain players will play their ways out of this sticky patch. Is he right? Only time will tell.

Good post. Time will tell, but in the meantime Vale will get over their present blip and have a rousing finale to the season, irrespective of who plays. Everyone has had ups and downs. We are having one of our downs at the moment, but are still 2nd. I personally would prefer us to have these problems now so we can iron them out and get on with a solid successful end to a very good campaign. The whole squad do have a part to play and Adams will steer us to that higher division. Have faith.

Spot on.

Micky shouldn't be so sensitive about fans opinions,everyone is entitled to their views on tactics.Most Vale fans are not mugs and many have watched the team for decades and know the score.He should not rise to it when a minority boo and criticise the team, when we have a bad days at the office.If the banners come out like at Chelsea for instance,all well and good but imo it's best just to keep quiet and understand that it's just part of the job.

I think we need a fresh approach and legs on Tuesday. But inherently we have a very strong squad by League 2 standards.

The team that beat Rotherham 6-2, one of our best performances this season and certainly at home was Neal, Duffy, Loft, McCombe, McDonald, Morsy, Shuker, Myrie Williams, Vincent, Dodds, Pope

This team had pace, creativity and a goal scorer but was probably a bit vulnerable through the middle of the pitch.

I do not understand why Morsy and Shuker are not getting in the team although I accept Burge has done well. Both have good ball retention and would freshen up midfield.

Another option is to find a way to play three at the back making Jones a wing back and finding an equivalent on the right.

I think we need a fresh approach and legs on Tuesday. But inherently we have a very strong squad by League 2 standards.

The team that beat Rotherham 6-2, one of our best performances this season and certainly at home was Neal, Duffy, Loft, McCombe, McDonald, Morsy, Shuker, Myrie Williams, Vincent, Dodds, Pope

This team had pace, creativity and a goal scorer but was probably a bit vulnerable through the middle of the pitch.

I do not understand why Morsy and Shuker are not getting in the team although I accept Burge has done well. Both have good ball retention and would freshen up midfield.

Another option is to find a way to play three at the back making Jones a wing back and finding an equivalent on the right.

Shuker is too small and weak to control a midfield, Vincent is now as slow as a horse in a lasagne etc...

Archived