onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andrew on at the start

Advert

TF - It doesn't make them a partnership? - hey go down the pub and ask any Stokie if two strikers scoring 5 in 6 games is a partnership!

Pope goes to the near post and takes three defenders with him leaving Hughes for a simple free header at the back post - look at all 5 of the goals and see what the non-scoring striker is doing - they're a partnership youth!

Popey isn't scoring because he missed a few, hit the woodwork etc etc. - as yesterday he had one half chance and missed - Hughes wasn't on the pitch BTW.

Had JMW not taken the ball off his head in the 1st half I'm fairly confident he would have buried the header.

And he has scored alongside lee hughes already, and had some close chances that he often puts away in the last few games before that. However he didnt score in the example you stated, just as he didnt score in the couple of games before that. Yet the same blame isn't given?

And why, when people questioned Andrew starting, the posters who flare up at anyone questioning Adams decisions come out defending the choice as a work of genius for forseeing the goal off his backside and how dare we question his team selection, yet don't have the same stance when numerous posters question playing a player of hughes calibre. There really are some odd unwritten rules that the disciples have.

And he has scored alongside lee hughes already, and had some close chances that he often puts away in the last few games before that. However he didnt score in the example you stated, just as he didnt score in the couple of games before that. Yet the same blame isn't given?

And why, when people questioned Andrew starting, the posters who flare up at anyone questioning Adams decisions come out defending the choice as a work of genius for forseeing the goal off his backside and how dare we question his team selection, yet don't have the same stance when numerous posters question playing a player of hughes calibre. There really are some odd unwritten rules that the disciples have.

I aren't appointing blame anywhere Andy, it's a team game and at this moment in time our 'team' is second in the division. Pope, Hughes, McDonald, Chilvers, Dodds, Burge, Andrew, Yates, Taylor and all of the others who have ALL played their part have helped us gain this Lofty perch.

At the end of the season I will applaud them ALL, as I have done throughout, whatever the finishing position.

I understand peoples differing views and accept them - I may not agree with them, but equally understand that they may not agree with mine. Personally I love the fact that we all see something different, that's what makes the messageboard so interesting.

IMHO of course. ;)

I aren't appointing blame anywhere Andy, it's a team game and at this moment in time our 'team' is second in the division. Pope, Hughes, McDonald, Chilvers, Dodds, Burge, Andrew, Yates, Taylor and all of the others who have ALL played their part have helped us gain this Lofty perch.

At the end of the season I will applaud them ALL, as I have done throughout, whatever the finishing position.

I understand peoples differing views and accept them - I may not agree with them, but equally understand that they may not agree with mine. Personally I love the fact that we all see something different, that's what makes the messageboard so interesting.

IMHO of course. ;)

I don't disagree, though I'm unsure of the point you were originally making.

I don't disagree, though I'm unsure of the point you were originally making.

The point was Andy, that quite possibly Tom 'would have' scored whilst partnering Andrew. Personally I thought they linked relatively well and Calvin had his best game by far. Tom's frustration clearly showed on Saturday and he was getting no help from the ref neither!

It's a bad patch for him at present but we are still picking up points and I'm sure he'll soon be back in the goals.

TF - It doesn't make them a partnership? - hey go down the pub and ask any Stokie if two strikers scoring 5 in 6 games is a partnership!

Pope goes to the near post and takes three defenders with him leaving Hughes for a simple free header at the back post - look at all 5 of the goals and see what the non-scoring striker is doing - they're a partnership youth!

Popey isn't scoring because he missed a few, hit the woodwork etc etc. - as yesterday he had one half chance and missed - Hughes wasn't on the pitch BTW.

couldn't agree more.

The point was Andy, that quite possibly Tom 'would have' scored whilst partnering Andrew. Personally I thought they linked relatively well and Calvin had his best game by far. Tom's frustration clearly showed on Saturday and he was getting no help from the ref neither!

It's a bad patch for him at present but we are still picking up points and I'm sure he'll soon be back in the goals.

And my point was that he did score, and could have scored more with hughes, yet hughes gets criticised for pope not scoring. He didnt score and could have scored with Andrew yet not a mention of it. Just think the way the disciples judge if you are 'anti Adams' is not balanced and depends on whether it fits with their opinions. Similar with McDonald. If you stated before he left that he was useless , then how dare we question Adams selections. Yet he gets rid, and its ok to question if that was the correct decision (and how dare we say he was rubbish because he played well against Bradford you know!).

And my point was that he did score, and could have scored more with hughes, yet hughes gets criticised for pope not scoring. He didnt score and could have scored with Andrew yet not a mention of it. Just think the way the disciples judge if you are 'anti Adams' is not balanced and depends on whether it fits with their opinions. Similar with McDonald. If you stated before he left that he was useless , then how dare we question Adams selections. Yet he gets rid, and its ok to question if that was the correct decision (and how dare we say he was rubbish because he played well against Bradford you know!).

So now if you back the manager that has got the team to the top of the league you are a disciple?

No-one has called him the messiah have they? I certainly haven't.

Micky has done a lot more things right this season than wrong and deserves credit where credit is due. Certain posters only rear their ugly heads when there is a chance to stick the boot in (like the original poster of this thread who from evidence of posts is a little bit special) and when things have gone well they are nowhere to be seen......

Archived