onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club AGM

old sage

All the time and effort put in by the committee to help us through the bad times and they still get criticism. Unbelievable. V2001 are gone, thanks to no small part by the SC and all the pro-change groups. As a result we have new owners and are top of the league. Some people are never happy.

Advert

im not disagreeing that its not 100 times better now. Just saying that to the standard fan the SC was the anti board movement and now things are going well, people dont see the point.

what has the SC done for PVFC since our new owners took over? Thats a genuine question and not me knocking anyone.

The supporters club was the pro port vale movement. Pro getting positive change, pro getting the sproson statue put up that was blocked, and all this despite moaners like yourself constantly criticising, against change, happy with the mess we were in, and desperate for mar mate bill to carry on. Now there will be other positive things for the SC to be involved in. Pete Williams has been ill and so has taken more of a backseat since the statue event. And new faces will take it forward. Of course there may be less people interested, as a fight for our very existence was always going to pull people in. That's a good thing. As we now know, as do any owners, that in our time of need the fans can come together for change if it is needed again. You were wrong, and so you to have a last ditch attempt to have a go. In your mind it may justify your ridiculous stance 12 months ago. However it just makes reminds everyone else of how daft you were.

Mark,

Andyregs is right.

The SC was, and always will be, the pro-Vale movement. Along with others I helped to originate the constitution and perhaps you might like to read it before making critical comments like those you have.

Additionally, during my tenure of being SC Chair and proxy for the RW shares it was made very clear to me by his professional advisors and legal team that it was the view of the majority's fans wishes that we should follow when voting.

If you attended any of the SC meetings at the Working Mens club we always stated that we had to take a neutral stance. (which I admit proved very difficult for myself personally as I held such strong anti-V2001 views).

Also if you had attended any of the B&G meetings you would also know that on behalf of the SC we refused to give direct support and Alan Baker (as Chair at those meetings) clearly stated that it was important that the SC stayed neutral.

Since my resigning as SC Chair, Pete Williams has done a truly fantastic job and I know of one particular instance where if Pete had not taken the stance he did then the future of football at Vale Park in the medium to long term would have been put at grave risk.

Mark, instead of just being a keyboard warrior why not take the time to scratch below the surface and find out the true situation before making such comments and passing judgment?

Better still Mark if you believe you can do better then put yourself forward for election.

Martin tideswell released the following on his Facebook a little earlier

PORT VALE SUPPORTERS’ CLUB AGM

Port Vale Supporters’ Club’s long-awaited AGM will finally take place at Tommy Cheadle’s pub at Vale Park on Tuesday night (Feb 12) and all fans are welcome.Out-going Chairman Pete Williams will give a report to fans, outlining what has been achieved during the last 18 months, and touch on issues ranging from the SC’s finances to the Sproson statue plaques and how the out-going committee has been working with the new owners in recent months.All of the committee are standing down, with the exception of Dave Ryder who is seeking re-election, and those in attendance will be able to elect an entirely new committee into the roles of Chairman; Vice-Chairman; Treasurer; Secretary/Membership Officer; Press and Publicity Officer; Webmaster; Liaison Officer and Fund-raiser.Mr Williams said: “Tuesday night is an opportunity for fans to elect a new committee of dedicated individuals who want to work with the new owners to help take the club forward and act as ambassadors for the wider fanbase.“It is an exciting time to be a Vale fan, after years of stagnation and disappointment,*and we would urge supporters to come along and have their say. It will be a night to reflect on what has been achieved and look towards a bright future.”Port Vale Supporters’ Club’s committee, which was instrumental in exposing the misdemeanours of the previous board and led the fight to save the Vale when the club went in to administration,*masterminded the unveiling of the Sproson Statue and has seen the SC’s membership rise from just 250 to more than 1,600 in just 18 months.We would like to take this opportunity to wish Micky and the lads all the best for Saturday’s home game against Morecambe

I firmly believe that without the supporters club [and the other groups] there would be no Port Vale for people to support today.

Under extremely difficult circumstances they stood firm in the belief that there was a better way [however difficult] for the club to survive and move on. They remained neutral as a group [although individuals had preferences] and did their utmost to follow the expressed wishes of the people who attended the meetings, the supporters.

I was saddened to see the abuse and accusations thrown at the committee members on message boards.

I thank them again for their hard work and dedication.

The difference between the SC and the other pro active groups is a simple one, it has more than one item on its agenda.

There is a new role for the SC to take up, gone are the days of combative discourse and actions needed to survive, a supportive role from an independent SC could be a great advantage to the club and its supporters, each playing its part in moving the club forward in harmony.

For the SC to survive and progress people, supporters, need to be involved, not just on the committee but at the meetings. The committee cant do it on their own.

The new owners [god bless them] have stated they want to hear from the collective voice of the SC, this is your chance to be part of that collective voice, to be part of the committee who formulate the collective voice of the supporters... or do we all stand as individuals shouting in the dark... alone.

I consider that the Supporters Club had a great imput in the removal of V2001. Incorrectly Black & Gold, The Marchers, NLV and the 'starve em ou't were all considered wrongly to be hostile to the best interests of Port Vale.

When all of these excellent groups gathered under the SC banner many more fans joined in the call for the boards removal and it was this pressure that finally burst down the defences of the remaining V2001 board.

This provides ample proof that a strong well supported SC is of great importance to the future well being of Port Vale but this time as a conduit of good intent to assist the new owners who have been the proverbial 'breath of fresh air'. The Supporters Club can help to keep the fresh air blowing into Port Vale.

I firmly believe that without the supporters club [and the other groups] there would be no Port Vale for people to support today.

Under extremely difficult circumstances they stood firm in the belief that there was a better way [however difficult] for the club to survive and move on. They remained neutral as a group [although individuals had preferences] and did their utmost to follow the expressed wishes of the people who attended the meetings, the supporters.

I was saddened to see the abuse and accusations thrown at the committee members on message boards.

I thank them again for their hard work and dedication.

The difference between the SC and the other pro active groups is a simple one, it has more than one item on its agenda.

There is a new role for the SC to take up, gone are the days of combative discourse and actions needed to survive, a supportive role from an independent SC could be a great advantage to the club and its supporters, each playing its part in moving the club forward in harmony.

For the SC to survive and progress people, supporters, need to be involved, not just on the committee but at the meetings. The committee cant do it on their own.

The new owners [god bless them] have stated they want to hear from the collective voice of the SC, this is your chance to be part of that collective voice, to be part of the committee who formulate the collective voice of the supporters... or do we all stand as individuals shouting in the dark... alone.

Good post.

Archived