onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is The Pressure Telling?

Boslem Boy

In a previous thread I wrote that it was Gillingham's turn to play catch up and I wondered how they would cope with the added pressure.

They had already lost their 7 point advantage at the top and we had beat them to the signing of Lee Hughes as well as a victory over them at their place.

They had to win both games in-hand in order to go back to the top which they failed to do, but they were given a second chance last night but again they failed to take advantage. It also has to be asked if their supporters are also feeling nervous as I'm sure the idiot would not have attacked the Wycombe keeper had they been winning.

Gillingham are still in a strong position for promotion so I can't understand they recent blip in form, even when they've allowed us to not only claw back the 7 points and then (hopefully) open up a 4 point gap should we win this evening. They still look strong to go up I'm just wondering if Gillingham had hoped to win the title having had such a big lead over us but the ambition to get promoted as champions has added a bit more pressure on them.

Just a thought.

Advert

Right, here comes the kiss of death...

We've always struggled to keep hold of the top spot when we've had it over the last three years or so.

But, in that time, we've never had the likes of Hughes, Shuker and (especially) Purse at the club.

Solid, seasoned pro's who can handle the pressure.

Even Birchall, although he's not starting games, the work he'll be doing in the dressing room passing on his experience to the younger lads will be invaluable.

We are going up!

Got 33/1 but took each way. Having a cover bet on Gillingham tonight after we move four clear.

I think you shoudl ahve a cover bet on Southend rather than Gillingham, and even a few pennies on Rotherham. I reckn that if Gills hadn't signed Cody McBurger they wouldnt have even made the playoffs, but will probably manage 3rd of 4th still. I'm not saying Vale will walk it, as I have a horrible feeling we will have a real tricky game tonight (but hopefully just scrape a win) but that the main threat will probably come from elsewhere than the bunch of Kents.

I firmly believe the whole of this Division now fear us and are totally aware of our goal threat even when we are not playing too well. We have nowt to fret about. With all the experience and speed and skill we now possess we are the best team in this dire division and will go up, no doubt about it. The "new Vale" are going places and we should not have any pessimism. OK, we may well drop a few points here and there before we are promoted but come on the past bad days of the Vale are just that...past. Our new era means we are no longer the yo yo Club we used to be. Get behind the revolution and give all you can for the lads. We will be Champions and no one will begrudge us that at all. UTV.

This division is there for the taking and is pretty much every season tbh. It's why in the past the so-called smaller clubs like Accy and Dagenham have done well whilst Vale, Bradford et al have under achieved for whatever reason.

The only fear Vale will have is themselves and complacency, our squad is up there with/if not the best in the League. Of course I'd be delighted with 2nd or 3rd but I really believe Vale can be Champions if they want to be. And lets be honest after all the shenanigans of V2001 and the last decade, we deserve to see Doug Loft and Tom Pope lifting that trophy at Wycombe!

Archived