onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exodus on racist abuse at vale

fairportnick

Advert

None of that excuses the filth that came out of some of our supposed fans mouths that day' date=' some are a total and utter disgrace and not one of the cowards has had the balls to openly come out and defened their dispicable actions.[/quote']

Why are these people "supposed" fans? I was near the incidents that day and i arent going to give an explanation or apology for abusing Gannon. I personally didnt abuse Geoghagan and if you watch the vids on utube it was a minority (probably one) who were racist. That day was a powderkeg that had been building up for a while and it eventually blew. If we hadnt had these "supposed" fans who showed their anger and passion, we could still be stuck with Gannon and the previous regime.

Why are these people "supposed" fans? I was near the incidents that day and i arent going to give an explanation or apology for abusing Gannon. I personally didnt abuse Geoghagan and if you watch the vids on utube it was a minority (probably one) who were racist. That day was a powderkeg that had been building up for a while and it eventually blew. If we hadnt had these "supposed" fans who showed their anger and passion, we could still be stuck with Gannon and the previous regime.

I'm damn sure anyone right minded person involved with the club doesn't want filth like that associatied with the club as they are disgusting individuals. Abuse him or players if you must but don't mention the colour of his skin, its despicable.

Too many idiots cling on to clubs and abuse players because of their race, like the idiots at Accrington that I witnessed and commented on at the time and the two iditiots who abused Justin Richards at Bury when we won there in the first game of the season a few years ago, sad enditement that they breath the same air as decent people.

I am glad to say I met and spent some time with Tom Adeyemi last summer and despite what some supposed Liverpool fans thought he is a genuinely decent guy, infact a smashing guy who like Ex didn't deserve such despicable chants.

Gannon was an idiot and Ex was crap, feel free to abuse them if you must but lets never, ever defend despicable acts such as racism, its beneath sub-human to do so.

Well said Robbie Earle's Perm. Agree with those sentiments 100%.

Putting aside Ex's abilities (or lack of), it remains the case that he was let down by the then Vale owners and management, Accrington stewards, the PFA and the FA.

The idea that this single incident (which did happen, and is inexcusable) accounts for the lack of a successful career on his part, is, however, nonsense.

Funny how everyone has selective memories when it comes to accrington. Exodus wasnt racialy abused until the very end when, if you listen very carefully on the video, you can hear one person racially abuse him. Exodus dropped his pants early in the second half when he was being abused for his playing skills not his colour. Gannon believed he was bigger than the club that day, he was reminded in no uncertain terms he wasnt. Very unsavoury scenes but warranted and neccesary imho. Jackson was so intimidated at the end that he stopped talking to a group of fans for over an hour and police were present for part of that time and would have acted if Jackson or Lloyd were in any danger. The suggestion there was wholesale racial abuse from the Vale fans there that dsy is not only wrong, its very upsetting. Its about time Exodus moved on, everybody else has.

What he says!

We are talking about a single hothead who called Exodus, it was hardly a racial attack. I certainly dont condone racism but lets get this in perspective. He was a **** player, and he did react when he shouldn't have done.

I'm damn sure anyone right minded person involved with the club doesn't want filth like that associatied with the club as they are disgusting individuals. Abuse him or players if you must but don't mention the colour of his skin, its despicable.

Too many idiots cling on to clubs and abuse players because of their race, like the idiots at Accrington that I witnessed and commented on at the time and the two iditiots who abused Justin Richards at Bury when we won there in the first game of the season a few years ago, sad enditement that they breath the same air as decent people.

I am glad to say I met and spent some time with Tom Adeyemi last summer and despite what some supposed Liverpool fans thought he is a genuinely decent guy, infact a smashing guy who like Ex didn't deserve such despicable chants.

Gannon was an idiot and Ex was crap, feel free to abuse them if you must but lets never, ever defend despicable acts such as racism, its beneath sub-human to do so.

Were you actually at Accrington that day? How many people actually brought up the colour of his skin? Your rant would hold some water if it was based on facts. The halftime protestations for example were aimed solely at Gannon, nothing to do with anyones colour or race. The abuse of Geoghan , whether right or wrong, was based on his performance to whiclh he threw a wobbler at the end. One person in a crowd of hundreds shouted a racist remark, and yes that is one too many, but to suggest as you and Geoghan still are that it was wholesale racial abuse is totally wrong.

I am not sure he was as crap as some people say he is. He needed time to fit into the team and he did not get this as we turned on him because he was signed by Gannon. He became the scape goat. The long throw he had, we never used correctly and he was not given time to find his true place within the team.

I hope that he does well and proves some people wrong. Rasicm should never be allowed but having said that some people seem to think that mentioning a persons colour makes it instantly racist (although what Exodus had was just pure racism)

He never got any abuse that day,I was at the front and heard everything that was said and I swear there was no racial abuse whatsoever,the only abuse came from Geohaghon himself,offering "to see you on the pitch after the game"then walking away and dropping his shorts.THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED,if you weren't there don't comment and by the way how come the league were going to charge him with misbehaviour and only then did he come out with the racist charges,the man is a disgrace and a liar!

Archived