onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Come on - admit it.....

mr burslem

A lifetime ago I was in the Hamil End celebrating winning the inaugaral season of Division 4 - If I remember right it was Coventry who we pipped for the title and we scored a hell of a lot of goals on the way. Including Harry Poole free kicks bending them like Beckham before he was born! (I think)

I think you're right. Great team and I hope the good times are back.

Advert

A lifetime ago I was in the Hamil End celebrating winning the inaugaral season of Division 4 - If I remember right it was Coventry who we pipped for the title and we scored a hell of a lot of goals on the way. Including Harry Poole free kicks bending them like Beckham before he was born! (I think)

We beat them 3-0 with a few games to go., scored over a 100 that season.

Didn't buy a newspaper but I know we are top.

It's a great feeling and the entire squad have done the club proud, but we are only at half-time and we still have a long way to go.

Now we are top teams will give that little extra against us and we must be ready for that.

I wonder just how the likes of Bratt, Oliver, Ryder, Mo, etc. are feeling right now ?

"Where's the beef?" - he's playing up front, scoring at will and taking us up, that's where.

Didn't buy a newspaper but I know we are top.

It's a great feeling and the entire squad have done the club proud, but we are only at half-time and we still have a long way to go.

Now we are top teams will give that little extra against us and we must be ready for that.

I wonder just how the likes of Bratt, Oliver, Ryder, Mo, etc. are feeling right now ?

"Where's the beef?" - he's playing up front, scoring at will and taking us up, that's where.

Was on about this last night.Its amazing what has happened over the last year.Protests,Administration,Keith Ryder and all the hope,then that bubble just strangely popped and no Keith Ryder.Onto the new owners a positive feeling all round and to top it off top of the league for new year.You could not have wrote a book like that.

Dave, from memory we had nearly 21K inside Vale Park for that April '59 game against Coventry, but I wasn't one of them.

I was going to go with my mates but ended up following a girl to Rudyard Lake

After that my mates gave me verbal stick for weeks :yes:

Yes you are right we pipped Coventry to the title on the last match of the season at Vale park we beat Millwall 4-2, we also scored 110 goals that season, we played with two wingers, Brian Jackson and Dickie Cunliffe, just hoping we can emulate that this season with the present wingers.

Archived