onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheff Utd 2 - Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Silfver

Advert

Irrespective of how much we dropper/were pushed back in the second half, that corner from which they equalised should never have been given. You just had to look at the way all the players on both sides ran out of the box back to the middle expecting a goal kick. That was ****** cruel.

This is the Vale following.

Sheffield.jpg

Irrespective of how much we dropper/were pushed back in the second half, that corner from which they equalised should never have been given. You just had to look at the way all the players on both sides ran out of the box back to the middle expecting a goal kick. That was ****** cruel.

This is the Vale following.

Sheffield.jpg

impressive that is.. well done to all who managed to go

Here's my take on the game ,first half everyone doing there jobs well ,they didn't have a sniff,Williamson should have scored then pope sends the away following wild .

Second half they were camped in our half there players carrying the ball on numerous occasions deep into our box ,we offered nothing if MA told them sit then he has quite frankly lost us that game simple as that.

They were there for the taking if we attacked them unfortunately we got erratic and damn right poor the longer the game went on.

We are just not good enough to defend for long periods ,where the hell is Morsy and Loft we need them back in the side immediately .

Forget about the referees blunder for the corner the Vale beat themselves.

Don't post often

But your posts are ridiculous

We played very well today and the players have it there all. There was some real good blocks and the players looked commited.

I don't know how you can blame Adams. Sheffield played well second half. And we defended brilliantly until the players just ran out of steam. Very unlucky today. Proud to be a vale fan

First half both teams tried, without much effect but Vale, as the away side aganst higher league opposition certainly had the greater share of the half and deservedly took the lead. Backed by a Magnificent support Vale had taken the game to Sheffield who seemed lethargic and somewhat surprised at our effort.

Second Half it was obvious they would change things and sure enough, they started to use the width of the park, and virtually attacking at will.

It's easy to say Vale 'sat back' but in reality, we were being pushed back. The Vale wingers were virtually starved of the ball and we just couldn't keep the ball long enough to relieve the pressure.

It was odds-on they were going to score but when they missed a header from 2 yards it looked like we may just be on for the win but in reality, our second half performance was not good enough to warrant a win.

Having said that, the ref didn't give us anything second half and denied us what looked to me a clear case of handball in the area by their defender late on - and don't get me started on their 'corner'.

For me, given that we have only just exited a very long and harduous administration, with a threadbare 4th division set of players, we accredited ourselves extremely well and should feel very proud that we took them all the way. Where the ref got 4 minutes from I don't know and I was disgusted with their No5 after the second goal keeping the ball then kicking it away when Duffy ran 30 yards to retrieve it for the restart.

Terrible home support considering it was a tenner to get in, they only sung after the equaliser and I truly hope they get a horrible away tie in the next round but given our/their luck they will probably get Man U at home.

Don't post often

But your posts are ridiculous

We played very well today and the players have it there all. There was some real good blocks and the players looked commited.

I don't know how you can blame Adams. Sheffield played well second half. And we defended brilliantly until the players just ran out of steam. Very unlucky today. Proud to be a vale fan

Adams can take some of the blame.

Under the kosh and he changes the forward players? Why?

The changes should have been Williamson and one of James/Burge off, and Dodds and Loft on. It would have renewed the energy in the middle and Dodds would have been an extra body to help out. We would have still had the attacking threat of JMW and Vincent.

Adams can take some of the blame.

Under the kosh and he changes the forward players? Why?

The changes should have been Williamson and one of James/Burge off, and Dodds and Loft on. It would have renewed the energy in the middle and Dodds would have been an extra body to help out. We would have still had the attacking threat of JMW and Vincent.

JMW and Vincent were both knackered there is no point in keeping them on the pitch of they can't run further than 20 yards without having to turn around and catch their breath. Andrews came on and won some good headers.

First half both teams tried, without much effect but Vale, as the away side aganst higher league opposition certainly had the greater share of the half and deservedly took the lead. Backed by a Magnificent support Vale had taken the game to Sheffield who seemed lethargic and somewhat surprised at our effort.

Second Half it was obvious they would change things and sure enough, they started to use the width of the park, and virtually attacking at will.

It's easy to say Vale 'sat back' but in reality, we were being pushed back. The Vale wingers were virtually starved of the ball and we just couldn't keep the ball long enough to relieve the pressure.

It was odds-on they were going to score but when they missed a header from 2 yards it looked like we may just be on for the win but in reality, our second half performance was not good enough to warrant a win.

Having said that, the ref didn't give us anything second half and denied us what looked to me a clear case of handball in the area by their defender late on - and don't get me started on their 'corner'.

It looked to me like that handball in the box was identical to the one Duffy was actually booked for in the first half. The usual double standards from the pillock with the whistle.

For me, given that we have only just exited a very long and harduous administration, with a threadbare 4th division set of players, we accredited ourselves extremely well and should feel very proud that we took them all the way. Where the ref got 4 minutes from I don't know and I was disgusted with their No5 after the second goal keeping the ball then kicking it away when Duffy ran 30 yards to retrieve it for the restart.

Terrible home support considering it was a tenner to get in, they only sung after the equaliser and I truly hope they get a horrible away tie in the next round but given our/their luck they will probably get Man U at home.

We were sitting in the main stand to the right of the Vale fans. The home "supporters" never gave any support at all to their team and were quiet as mice, unlike the Vale fans who sang their hearts out throughout the game. When the equaliser went in, the stripey idiots had the temerity to start singing "It's all gone quiet over there". I think they must all have been absent when their English teacher did the lessons on irony!!

Well it's a game of opinions the reality is we r out of the cup so I'm livid.

The players yes they were committed and gave there all but it was all in vain.

The fans were excellent the team spirited but we were second best second half to a team who's support was terrible.

To lose when 1-0 up in the 90th minute is pathetic no matter how proud u r.

Fans have very little to do with end result. It doesn't matter if are support was better. In the end they have better players. We can't argue with that. There are a league above us and will probably be up there come the end of the season

Just got back and thought I'd log on and see the messages of praise for an outstanding performance.

I've given up reading half way through this thread some of you on here are beyond belief.

We have just got within one crap refereeing decision of beating Sheff Utd on their own pitch - now let me think how many games have they lost at home this season?

Duffy got booked for the ball hitting his arm when he went in for a challenge - 10 minutes from the end their defender did exactly the same to Popeys shot and it should have been given as a penalty but the ref bottled it.

Pope got put into touch around that time and their player should have been booked - not even a foul given.

The ball goes out for a goal kick and like Jean says all their players head for the half way line to see the ref and his linesman giving a corner - the only two in the ground who thought it was and they scored from the resulting attack.

We got to within 4 or 5 minutes of knocking them out of the cup and a load of you are ****** moaning we didnt do this we didnt do that, so and so was crap - NO-ONE WAS CRAP AND EACH AND EVERY PLAYER GAVE HIS ALL it wasn't quite enough simply because of a crap refereeing decision, but at least give them the credit they deserve.

Archived