onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheff Utd 2 - Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Silfver

The Ref has cost us this game. Maybe we've sat too deep - but the free kicks would have relieved pressure. More poor refereeing. Something has to be done about this

Too true the ref gave us nothing in the second half except a handful of undeserved bookings he cost us the game.

Advert

Good.

Tin pot trophy means nowt. Get them back for Saturday.

The FA cup is a tin pot trophy? Really?

Then everybody should get over it because it's meaningless? On a football messageboard?

Then you quote Neil's twitter posts?

Then you kick an imaginary cat?

Make your **** mind up!

It's going to take me weeks to get over that loss . I wasn't there, but watched on tv, and went from being a nervous wreck up to the 85th min. to being totally gutted. The Blunts had it all in the 2nd half, but did Vale run out of steam, because in the 1st half we were attacking them for long periods. On tv , they said the ref had a fine game, but I thought he was poor, and intimidated by the Blunts players. Just watch them draw Arsenal at home, or someone like that, but hopefully Milwall away, and lose 2-1 , IN THE LAST ****ING MIN. Devastated.

I think in the first half we did extremely well. Second half was a disaster, Im not blaming the players efforts, they gave their all but the way we played allowed them to totally dominate us for the whole of the second period.... we seemed to stop thinking.... If they had a "pope" we would have got absolutely hammered..... midnight in the village is usually very quiet but last night some foreigner was shouting Nooooooooo at the top of his voice.... bladdy Vale supporters.... Ive calmed down now

The game is over.... sadness rules.... until the next game and we get at them again.

Have to say whatever Adams saidat halftime either didn't sink in or it was wrong. The last 5 mins of the first half and second half were the same. Sorry Micky but putting Rob Taylor on was a massive mistake for the last 15 mistake we let the rain balls into our box no challenge whatsoever from that moment on the result was inevitable.

How the ref gave the corner when headed by a Sheffield player was frankly unbelievable.

Ah well siting in Yatess Sheffield drowning my sorrows.

I disagree - putting Rob Taylor was exactly the right thing to do, Nick Blackman was making Adam Yates look stupid on the left hand side and every decent attack Sheffield had came through him so Micky put Taylor on to play with 2 left backs to stop Blackman. which they did.

McDonald & Mccombe need to have a word with themselves as centre halves for the first goal, letting a 4ft nipper win a ball in the air is unacceptable - i seem to recall Mccombe getting outjumped by a similair sized nipper at Fleetwood - junior Brown i think.

Again for the second goal McCombe, Mcdonald, Yates & Taylor all need to look at themselves - Neal made the initial save Duffy reacted quick to tackle cresswell but because the above players had switched off and did not follow the first shot in miller was lurking and had an easy finish.

Glad we are the out of the cup, I am also glad Pope, Duffy & Burge are all on 5 yellows now, it was going to happen eventually and with games against Cheltenham, Chesterfield & Rotherham in December we need them for the bread & butter which is the league.

We had a go, lapses of concentration from the back 4 have cost us but move on.

Still angry that we could not hold out for a draw, am not going to say well done to the players as they don't deserve it ... 90 mins - 94 mins ... Yer avin a laugh ... These are the kind of gut renching results that stopped me going away games ... Will say a massive well done to the 3200+ fans who went who,like me ,feel hard done by the players 👏 .. There is 3 pluses ... 3 players booked who will be suspended against Bradford but available for the Chesterfield game

I really enjoyed the day and was very proud of the whole team. Just as Andy Jones says earlier in this post, we gave it our all and the ref was certainly on their side for the whole of the second half.. Not to mention the second goal was nearly 1 minute over the 4 included for injury time!

Let's bounce back now and concentrate on getting promotion and bring the good times back to PVFC!

why did blades players tip water on the pitch in 2 different places before the second half and then the ref made that fat boy come on and throw hot water on the pitch ?

One of their centre halves threw up on the pitch. They subbed him which is why there was a delay. Couldn't see any carrots from where we sat.

Now the dust has settled and im a little calmer, all i feel is pride in the way the players battled against a team going for promotion to the championship. And also proud to be part of that fantastic away following. Better days out are around the corner for us....Super vale away.

I thought morsey may have given us something that Dodds didn't when he came on?

I thought Dodds did ok however we were crying out for Morsey in midfield, playing with 2 wingers is well and good when we are on top but they struggled to get in the game and we were getting overrun in midfield

Archived