onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheff Utd 2 - Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Silfver

Gutted! Lets be fair they didn't deserve to lose, but on the other hand we battled and to lose in last minutes in that manner hurts more! We can hold are heads high tho we held a top league 1 side till 90th minutes! Neal was excellent as normal! Most of team battled and did well! Myrie- Williams non existent, rob Taylor not good enough! Ref was awful but no excuse! We are still in jpt cup and second in league! Better times ahead

Seem to recall JMW playing Pope in for the goal?

Advert

Heartbroken. To concede one in stoppage time is bad enough, but two is horrendous. In the end the lads just didn't have enough steam, and to be honest we should have conceded around 5-10 mins earlier than we did.

Still we need to treat this as a blessing in disguise and we can focus 100% on the league now.

I think that's what upset me so much! I just knew it'd happen. From about 85 mins I was shouting at the lads, through the tele, to hold on...not to let it go. I was gutted when their first goal went in and I shan't say what I said when the second went in.

I've calmed down a bit now and after a conversation with my son and daughter in law who said that they battered us second half it doesn't seem quite so bad. I wish their goals had come earlier though :laugh:

If we have aspirations of promotion that's something like the standard of players we will need.

A point I was just about to make ll. When, notice when not if, we're promoted we're going to be playing teams at their level every week. I suppose we could take solace in the fact that, judging by todays performance, we're not that far off.

Wish we didn't play so deep whenever we go ahead.

We always do! I'm a great fan of MA, but unfortunately his approach on this particular issue drives me barmy, as we do it so many times. I keep hoping (looks like in vain again after today) for a change in tactics. I've lost count of how many goals we've conceded in the last quarter of matches.

I think that's what upset me so much! I just knew it'd happen. From about 85 mins I was shouting at the lads, through the tele, to hold on...not to let it go. I was gutted when their first goal went in and I shan't say what I said when the second went in.

I've calmed down a bit now and after a conversation with my son and daughter in law who said that they battered us second half it doesn't seem quite so bad. I wish their goals had come earlier though :laugh:

I know what you mean--but wish their goals hadn't come at all! Would have loved to be in that draw tomorrow, but we'll just have to concentrate on the league and ensure 3 more points against Chesterfield next Saturday.

Have to say whatever Adams saidat halftime either didn't sink in or it was wrong. The last 5 mins of the first half and second half were the same. Sorry Micky but putting Rob Taylor on was a massive mistake for the last 15 mistake we let the rain balls into our box no challenge whatsoever from that moment on the result was inevitable.

How the ref gave the corner when headed by a Sheffield player was frankly unbelievable.

Ah well siting in Yatess Sheffield drowning my sorrows.

I know what you mean--but wish their goals hadn't come at all! Would have loved to be in that draw tomorrow, but we'll just have to concentrate on the league and ensure 3 more points against Chesterfield next Saturday.

Oh crikey, me to! It just seems so cruel to lose almost after the 90 minutes.

Oh well, it wasn't to be and, as you say, we need to concentrate of the legue to ensure out promotion to division 1. :yes:

Archived