Refs. fitness levels.

PVTony

Mickey Adams is questioning the fitness levels of some of the referees in L2.

They are mainly only part time referees.

According to Mickey, referee Clark was not in good positions at times to see and award the correct decisions at the Northampton match.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think its bad now you should have seen some of the fat ***** 30 years ago who could barely waddle out of the centre circle.

I saw them.

One exception in mind, (30 yrs. ago?) was Kirkpatrick. He was fit, fast and a good ref. He was always up with the play.

I'm more worried about their s**tness levels.

I've been to every away game except Exeter and in every one there have been a silly amount of niggly, inconsistent homer decisions.

The refs turn a blind eye to things like the odd shirt pull by home players but then book our players for any little thing they can. Morsy gets picked on usually because the ref thinks it's about the right time in the game to get his book out.

What about players putting their hands on the ref? That shouldn't be allowed. It's not always about the ref , you know. There are a lot of really bad footballers these days ,in all divisions, with a sense of entitlement . Everyone else is wrong , but them, especially the ref. Years ago , the fitness levels were not like today, but when a player got clattered he didn't get up and have a moan at the ref, it wasn't on FB or Twitter that evening, and they didn't make a big deal out of it, unlike the softies today. They are spoiled, and I don't care if someone says they need to make as much as they can in a short career. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're going to make good money , do your job, get on with it and stop moaning. That goes for everyone, managers, players etc.

Slippery slope comments from Micky which will not endear him to anyone.

His last comment is right, its not down to him, its down to the governing bodies.

Imagine if referees were to come out criticising players and managers in such a way for their errors which occur far more regularly, there would be an outrage!

What about players putting their hands on the ref? That shouldn't be allowed. It's not always about the ref , you know. There are a lot of really bad footballers these days ,in all divisions, with a sense of entitlement . Everyone else is wrong , but them, especially the ref. Years ago , the fitness levels were not like today, but when a player got clattered he didn't get up and have a moan at the ref, it wasn't on FB or Twitter that evening, and they didn't make a big deal out of it, unlike the softies today. They are spoiled, and I don't care if someone says they need to make as much as they can in a short career. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're going to make good money , do your job, get on with it and stop moaning. That goes for everyone, managers, players etc.

Spot on, well said.

I saw them.

One exception in mind, (30 yrs. ago?) was Kirkpatrick. He was fit, fast and a good ref. He was always up with the play.

The best English ref I've ever seen. Usually it is said you dont notice a good ref but not in this case due to his extravagant arm waving gestures. However everybody in the ground knew exactly why every decision had been made and it was almost expected from him.

The worst I ever saw was Jack Pickles followed by a Mr Lowe from Bury who gave dubious penalties whilst wallowing in his own blubber in the centre circle.

The thing that annoys me is when we've got a player breaking forward and we get brought down cynically. Then the opposition break forward and one of our players stops them cynically. Yet more often than not we'll get booked and they won't, there just isn't any consistancies.

Also, the linesmen have to help more. They rarely make decisions apart from offsides and throw ins.

As a ref myself...the above comments are spot on.

People quick comment on a ref ,with little knowledge of the laws.

Or refuse to see that there players are poor themselves,and at times cheating to get a decision.

My answer to most is,get on a course and have ago yourselfs,not kids,Adults.

Your eyes will be wide open!

The biggest problem today is the situation regarding the referee's assistants. Now that is a joke they don't assist they are now more like the 'Referee's puppets'.

Apart from raising their flag to indicate an off side decision what else do they do?. Once upon a time they advised the referee regarding throw in decisions and fouls. Not anymore they wait for the ref to point the way he is giving his decision. They then follow like lap dogs and raise their flag in a similar direction.

Surely it's time to revert back to three pairs of eyes and not two liners who agree with the referee's every decision.

As a ref myself...the above comments are spot on.

People quick comment on a ref ,with little knowledge of the laws.

Or refuse to see that there players are poor themselves,and at times cheating to get a decision.

My answer to most is,get on a course and have ago yourselfs,not kids,Adults.

Your eyes will be wide open!

I know its the age old comparison but if rugby players can do what they do,why can,t footballers just get up after a tackle and carry on with the game,instead of trying to con the ref,and get a player sent off. They are all in the same union the PFA,when your at work do you try and get a work-mate sacked?

I know its the age old comparison but if rugby players can do what they do,why can,t footballers just get up after a tackle and carry on with the game,instead of trying to con the ref,and get a player sent off. They are all in the same union the PFA,when your at work do you try and get a work-mate sacked?

Too many foriegners ruining the English game and influencing young lads. We should break away from FIFA and adopt the 1950's rules where you only got booked if the oppponent looked like he was dying and a sent off if you attempted to kill more than two people. Physios should only be allowed to pour icy water on them as well.

Archived