onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sproson Statue 17/11/2012

Tosh

Was stood with Steve (The Old Bycars Tea Bar) for the ceremony and it was a truly wonderful occasion.

Can anyone tell me the cost of installing a webcam?

A webcam miunted above the official entrance would show Roy to the world every minute of the day and enable fans to see who is coming and going at the club and above all else provide some security of any wrongdoing.

Advert

Great unveiling and ceremony today, the statue is more immense than I thought and the pedestal is also fantastic.

Only gripe today was hearing people saying "Roy Sproston" I was even behind someone who read the Sproson Way sign and he still said Sproston!! :doh:

Was stood with Steve (The Old Bycars Tea Bar) for the ceremony and it was a truly wonderful occasion.

Can anyone tell me the cost of installing a webcam?

A webcam miunted above the official entrance would show Roy to the world every minute of the day and enable fans to see who is coming and going at the club and above all else provide some security of any wrongdoing.

that is agreat idea

Great unveiling and ceremony today, the statue is more immense than I thought and the pedestal is also fantastic.

Only gripe today was hearing people saying "Roy Sproston" I was even behind someone who read the Sproson Way sign and he still said Sproston!! :doh:

Apparently Tosh ,on Signal Radio,the statue was of RON SPROSON .***.

Has anything been mentioned about the 100 names that are to be added to the statue?

Roy looked very proud today & so he should. Great effort by all involved.

In today's programme it says there has been a slight change of plan.They have been advised the under the original proposals the names would have been very small.So now brick size granite tiles will be used to create a wall of names in the alcove behind the statue.This will be in the not too distant future.

I think that will look very impressive as does the statue.

Hi Melv,

Originally I was a bit 'disappointed' when we found out that there were too many names to go on the plinth as originally planned and I was worried fans would want their money back. (this was about 18 months ago).

However, having seen the plinth today I think it is much better as it is with a tribute to 'all fans' as there are at the end of the day thousands of fans who have put 'something' towards bringing Roy home. For instance my grandaughter, Megan, who is only 12 was immensely proud today and said on walking away - I didn't really know just what I was collecting money in the buckets for but now I've seen it I'm very pleased I did.

For those who have paid the £100 I'm sure we will all be delighted when the memorial wall at the rear of Roy is created. It will be done with the same quality of care as the plinth I'm sure. BTW you can still purchase a name plaque all you need to do is fill in a form on the Sproson Fund site (click on Legends Club) and you can pay either by cheque, cash, or Pay Pal.

Hi Melv,

Originally I was a bit 'disappointed' when we found out that there were too many names to go on the plinth as originally planned and I was worried fans would want their money back. (this was about 18 months ago).

However, having seen the plinth today I think it is much better as it is with a tribute to 'all fans' as there are at the end of the day thousands of fans who have put 'something' towards bringing Roy home. For instance my grandaughter, Megan, who is only 12 was immensely proud today and said on walking away - I didn't really know just what I was collecting money in the buckets for but now I've seen it I'm very pleased I did.

For those who have paid the £100 I'm sure we will all be delighted when the memorial wall at the rear of Roy is created. It will be done with the same quality of care as the plinth I'm sure. BTW you can still purchase a name plaque all you need to do is fill in a form on the Sproson Fund site (click on Legends Club) and you can pay either by cheque, cash, or Pay Pal.

I was thinking earlier and what a good idea is this way it gives the option for more names to be added at a later date.There may very well be a few more that would like to have their name added now that they have seen just how impressive the statue is.

I just hope that shower of **** stay well away. If you read this Glenn, Bill... You are not welcome or wanted. Stay away.

I was told that Lodey was there earlier in the day putting some road cones out.Congratulations must go to Lodey as he managed to put all the cones down the right way up.Looks like he might have found himself a job that he can actually manage to do right at long last.;)

Hope he isnt set on doing it full time though.

I was told that Lodey was there earlier in the day putting some road cones out.Congratulations must go to Lodey as he managed to put all the cones down the right way up.Looks like he might have found himself a job that he can actually manage to do right at long last.;)

Hope he isnt set on doing it full time though.

Lodey was putting the road cones out as the York team Coach arrived as it is rumored he has been offered the job of 'Chief road cone layer' when the takeover is announced on Tuesday prior to the Brizzie game........I hope you enjoy your new position within the Club Mr LoWdey............Sorry off-topic......Fantastic day (Except the result) to be present at the unveiling of a true Great today.........

superb unveiling ceremony, very moving, the statue is awsome and is a credit to all who have moved mountains to get to this day. i think there were a few tear filled eyes around including myself.

Great to see Pete Williams at the ceremony.

Archived