onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post match comments Vale 4 Wycombe 1

geosname

Advert

But he didn't shout abuse. He offered an opinion. There is a difference.

And just out of interest, where were you at Exeter - because that prawn sandwich wannabe you refer to was standing behind the goal screaming his head off supporting Vale as he does at virtually every game.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Dave said on Saturday, calling him a prawn sandwich wannabe shows less intelligence than Boomer, let alone his vet.

If he was in a box and Micky heard him from 100 yards away above the sound of 5,500 other people, I can only assume your friend was shouting his comments at the top of his voice. The fact that Micky didn’t take kindly to the words makes it pretty obvious the tone and content his advice was delivered in.

Adams has to put up with comments like this week in week out. If it was as good natured as you suggest, I doubt he would have stopped during the match and commented in the post-match interview about it.

Ask your friend to keep his thoughts to himself next time.

Sorry mate, going to have to agree to disagree on this. First of all I don't think we were comfortable - we were one goal up against a team who had far from given up. Secondly, I don't see that a supporter should be criticised for voicing an opinion as long as he does it without abuse. Micky Adams is a football manager - free advice from supporters goes with the territory - he should just live with that rather than respond in the rather tetchy fashion he did.

What she said :yes:

If he was in a box and Micky heard him from 100 yards away above the sound of 5,500 other people, I can only assume your friend was shouting his comments at the top of his voice. The fact that Micky didn’t take kindly to the words makes it pretty obvious the tone and content his advice was delivered in.

Adams has to put up with comments like this week in week out. If it was as good natured as you suggest, I doubt he would have stopped during the match and commented in the post-match interview about it.

Ask your friend to keep his thoughts to himself next time.

If you look at where Micky was standing and where Dave was you would realised there was absolutely nobody between them! And if you are expecting Vale fans to keep their thoughts to themselves just because you don't agree with them I suspect you are going to get rather wound up on a number of occasions this season. If Micky can't stand the heat (even when it's on a low light) he should get out of the kitchen.

But he didn't shout abuse. He offered an opinion. There is a difference.

And just out of interest, where were you at Exeter - because that prawn sandwich wannabe you refer to was standing behind the goal screaming his head off supporting Vale as he does at virtually every game.

Whether you agree or disagree with what Dave said on Saturday, calling him a prawn sandwich wannabe shows less intelligence than Boomer, let alone his vet.

To be fair Jean,i think some of the stuff i said was a bit ott BUT just because people dont or cant go every away game doesn't make Dave a better fan than them,i and i guess many others would love to go most away games but either cant afford or have to work(as i do until dinner,every saturday).

To be fair Jean,i think some of the stuff i said was a bit ott BUT just because people dont or cant go every away game doesn't make Dave a better fan than them,i and i guess many others would love to go most away games but either cant afford or have to work(as i do until dinner,every saturday).

I wasn't implying that, Karl. It was simply that you don't get prawn sandwich wannabes standing on an open terrace with bogs left over from the Middle Ages. I was not implying Dave was a better fan than anyone else - just that he wasn't the elitist type of fan you were implying.

I wasn't implying that, Karl. It was simply that you don't get prawn sandwich wannabes standing on an open terrace with bogs left over from the Middle Ages. I was not implying Dave was a better fan than anyone else - just that he wasn't the elitist type of fan you were implying.

Fair enough then Jean but i dont think Dave does himself any favours when going on about how much he paid for the box and the free champers plus some of the posh nosh he has had on his away days,tbh i couldn't give a monkey's chuff as i am a beer and donner meat and chips man any way;) but i can see how that can come across to some:yes:

werstayinup et al,

give it a rest please and lets move on to something exciting like Sproey's statue will be erected very shortly.

I will close by publicly stating these were the words shouted to Mickey Adams that got him so riled (which ontopgate will no doubt agree)

'They are sunning themselves on the beach Mickey, get their minds back onto the grass'

Now tell me why that should have caused the reaction it did/ unless the Manager was thinking the same himself and didn't appreciate me pointing it out to him.

Anyone any problems whatsoever with me why not just either pm me, or see me at Burton tomorrow or Northampton on Saturday where I won't be eating my prawn sandwiches - If whoever wrote that actually knew me !! - and after saying whatever you like, get on with living.

Jean, thanks for answering the questions for me I had just decided that its all a waste of space as its pretty clear that some simply won't rest until I've begged their mercy for suggesting we vote for Deakin to get rid of Bratt - Personally speaking I would have voted for a dead dog if it meant getting him off the Board. and finally, for those intent on defamation I never spoke to or met Millar - I had left the scene before he arrived (other than helping Pete Williams out with the questionnaire as to whether the RW vote should be used to vote for him as Chairman - which incidentally over 96% of you voted in favour of) so don't try hanging him onto me as some seem to be doing.

Archived