onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

supporters club interview with mr wildes

not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but the supporters club did a short interview yesterday

must say i am pretty impressed up to yet, fingers crossed etc

Can't ask for much more than that at this stage, comes over as a solid guy. Proof of the pudding.......and all that.

Advert

The only thing worrying me is that he is buying us for the stadium and when he sells up he will own it.

Somebody put my mind to rest...

Personally I don't think there is anything sinister in his plans for Vale.

You've still got phone a friend and 50/50 left. Don't rush that final answer Dave.

The only thing worrying me is that he is buying us for the stadium and when he sells up he will own it.

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/210194-vale-administration/page__st__520

Read the point about Bradford 2nd post down..

(Here's your "phone a friend") All the assets will belong to PVFC LTD or whatever it's called (including players etc) I would imagine, which PW owns. To sell the club, he'd have to sell PVFC Ltd surely. No one would by the club but not the ground, unless they're daft.

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/210194-vale-administration/page__st__520

Read the point about Bradford 2nd post down..

Depends on what clauses the council have put into the deal, Ryder was not very happy, perhaps that was why his backers? pulled out? But after all he will own the club, we have to trust him, he has to trust us, otherwise his investment will flop.

He has three things going for him at the Vale

1) An under utilised asset

2) Quite a lot of unused land available for redevelopment

3) A Council that desperately want to improve the north end of the city and will listen positively to any forward thinking projects.

For those who think a hotel is a good idea - it isnt, unless the Council build a dual carriageway up Hamil Road. (See south end of city)

He has three things going for him at the Vale

1) An under utilised asset

2) Quite a lot of unused land available for redevelopment

3) A Council that desperately want to improve the north end of the city and will listen positively to any forward thinking projects.

For those who think a hotel is a good idea - it isnt, unless the Council build a dual carriageway up Hamil Road. (See south end of city)

Under the present circumstances a hotel is not a good idea.... I agree.... but hopefully those circumstances will change... how they will change we dont yet know.... it could be a great idea depending on what else he has planned

A hotel would be a good idea if he was planning Championship football in the future, where we'd be regularly putting up ex-Premier League teams on parachute payment budgets + the extra fans who want to stay a night - and why not stay a night and go out in Burslem's pubs? Also, the commercial side, a hotel would be good for conferences etc. I'm sure he wouldn't be building the hugest hotel in the world but a reasonably sized one might be a good idea for the future.

A hotel would be a good idea if he was planning Championship football in the future' date=' where we'd be regularly putting up ex-Premier League teams on parachute payment budgets + the extra fans who want to stay a night - and why not stay a night and go out in Burslem's pubs? Also, the commercial side, a hotel would be good for conferences etc. I'm sure he wouldn't be building the hugest hotel in the world but a reasonably sized one might be a good idea for the future.[/quote']I am sure there are lots of possibilities, it may well take an outsider to see them, he may make a few mistakes but will have plenty of advice.

I don't think a hotel should be aimed at anything to do with football, visitng fans, teams etc

But the north of the city does from what I recall suffer from a lack of hotels..Burslem has the George which is a hovel but what else is there? I don't see access as an issue..most 'in town' Premier Inn types that I know aren't on main roads and parking should not be an issue. It's not doing this sort of thing that holds SoT back..why shouldn't business people visitng SoT stay in Burslem, why shouldn't people exploring SoT and the area north of SoT stay in Burslem..they can't at the moment

Archived