onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen to go if V2001 remain?

lydiatevaliant

I think the board are right to act as they have here soothsayer.

I can understand that ideally the new gaffer should decide who he keeps, but let's face it Owen is one of our better players and we need to sign the better players up before the vultures come in!

Fosse - I don't think any of us can complain at not going back up the Championship but to continually fail to even make the League 2 playoffs is embarassing:(

How are they right? Their first responsibility is to bring in a suitable manager but Bratt said that isn't being looked at presently. Why aren't they, can't they afford a decent replacement? They used up most of Mickey's budget re-signing players he subsequently didn't want and they are doing it again for the prospective new manager, unless he is Grew which (no disrespect to Grew) I hope it isn't.

Advert

Guest Sandyfordvalefan

We should of offered Micky £250k to stay - that would have been the best bit of business we could of done.....

They just dont learn at all ! !

Why are these incompetents offering contracts to anyone ?

It should be the job of the Manager !

Every season this happens , then we get this cycle where a Manager comes into the club and the first comment we get is " these are not my players but I'm stuck with them because there's no money to bring in my own players and the ones here are under contract so I can't get rid !"

The Adam Yates scenario should be a reminder for them from last time ,ie signed by 'Pratt' with no Manager at the helm then they appoint Adams and from what I can remember I don't think his comments at the time were actually 'gushing' about the prospect .

So, having done this once ,we are now at the same stage and they go and offer another contract to him without a Managers say so ! Unbelievable ! Does it not even cross their minds that they've messed up once so don't do it again ? !!!

In fairness, the only alternative is to let players like Gareth Owen, Doug Loft, Adam Yates and Gary Roberts slip through our fingers. While the situation is far from ideal, I think there would be more unrest if these players were all allowed to leave. The problem last time was they offered unproven players new deals, these four are all regulars and are all important players.

Archived