onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen to go if V2001 remain?

lydiatevaliant

Interesting interview with Owen in The Sentinel today where he discusses his future, saying:

"The club have offered me a two-year deal and I'll probably wait until the end of the season to see what we can achieve. Whether we win promotion or not has nothing to do with my future.... Any decision I make will have nothing to do with money – you just want to know the club is going in the right direction."

Sounds to me like Owen's realised the club's going nowhere under V2001, doesn't trust them to appoint a decent manager, and if they don't go in the summer, he'll think about leaving instead. Somehow I can't see him being the only one.

The full article is here:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/vale/portvalenews/Port-Vale-Owen-rush-resolve-future/article-3431629-detail/article.html

Advert

Some have said it is thought that Loft has signed a pre-contract agreement with Shrewsbury and it doesn't look like Owen will sign with "The Dinner Ladies" (good with cones and bibs) in charge of the first team and Roberts

has all but lost the plot again....so we'll have a squad of 14 players for next season.V2001 "Blueprint for the Conference".

He's obviously bothered that an incoming manager might not want to play him.

Look what happened to Roberts under Gannon.

I'm pretty sure that he isn't worried about keeping his place. He will be more concerned about who he will be lining up with if he commits to staying at the Vale.

I saw Gaz talking to the Legal Beagle and Mo a couple of weeks ago and I feel that it could be NO MO, NO GAZ.

The lad is ambitious all the better players are. If Mo comes in there will be queue to sign up.============

Guest Sandyfordvalefan

Why would you sign a long term deal when

a) your one of our best players and will get another club easy anyway

b) you might be stuck with a cr4p boss and rubbish team mates

c) you ultimalty want to play at the highest level possible and realise if Bratt stays in charge you might be a L2 player forever, or worse, a confernce player in 12 months.

Don't think i'd be signing.......

Keeping his options open and rightly so. There is an uncertainty regarding the clubs future and even if there wasn't he might get offered a better contract from someone else. I hope he signs and remains with the club but I'm sure I would do the same in the same situation.

The whole club is falling apart and the buck stops with Bill Bratt. I'm willing to bet a pound to a pinch of snuff(I'll keep it clean)that nothing will come of the two potential investment possibilities(that's if they actually exist).The club have been in steady decline since the current board took over.If Bratt had a modicum of decency he would do the honourable thing and fall on his sword.

Whenever I've been at the protests the players have always seemed very supportive and I guess they are as fed up as the rest of us that the club is being held back. It wouldn't surprise me if some leave if nothing changes!

Archived