onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players I never want to see in a Vale shirt again

On 23/04/2024 at 16:40, Dipepa delight said:

To be honest if any are staying they better get themselves fitter .

If on 80 grand a year that's a lot of money but in football terms maybe not. 

I personally wouldn't like be the person who as to sort that mess out .

You could go through every player in squad and go 

Keep release or transfer list on there showings in league 1 most haven't got a leg stand on the proof is in the pudding in fact not most nearly all .

League 2 they could all shine with right mentality and surrounded by leaders and better players,(THIS IS where Moore earns his 8 grand a week ) but still it's that habit when we have fallen behind in games I haven't seen anywhere enough drive ,determination, and will to turn games around .

Hard being a fanatic (when it takes over your life totally engrossed in every minute of every game )but no supporter /follower/one game a season person should be accepting of the way we have ended up in league 2 .

I'm not bothered what players get paid you gotta earn it .

Chislett Charlton want well give us a million DEAL he is worth that he as something about him 

Garrity 1.5 million goalscorer grafter and will do a job for you ,hates losing surround him with better players you will find he is worth it

Dipepa 4 million can take players ON scores great goals .

So there's a good 6 .5 million then see what can get for rest of squad Ripley 2 relegation  in a  row 120 k the rest no value at all .

Could you value my car please? 

• Haha 8

Advert

On 21/04/2024 at 13:01, Powerline said:

How anyone could say smith is worst player of the season is a joke. He was crap when being played on the right of the back 3 by Crosby. At the time numerous fans said he couldn’t play there, why Crosby didn’t see this I don’t know. 

Wouldn’t make sense to get rid of smith imo. We have far greater problems. Maybe focus on getting rid of and replacing the yak, Jones, Debrah and Lowe first.

Smith is the same player he always was. Crosby exposed his flaws by playing him on the right side of a 3. He’s a man marker, in there to rough the opposing forwards up. He needs better players alongside him than he has. In a 4 man defence, with proper fullbacks, and a decent, mobile, ball playing CB, he’s good enough. I’d keep him and get rid of any of the other CBs on our books before him. Especially in L2. I actually think Debrah will benefit from a season in L2. But Yak, Jones, and Lowe need to depart. We never replaced Hall, Worrall, or Benning (who was unfairly maligned in my view). 

• Like 4

On 23/04/2024 at 09:49, Brian Johnson said:

With some you can but then that's just hanging around waiting to see if another club would actually do that and then that buggers up your planning & recruiting of players.

Pay up 2 or 3 and then place a handful more on the transfer list

Exactly, bin off the deadwood asap 👍

• Like 1

My issue with just binning all the players off we don’t want is it will cost a lot of money.

Wouldn’t it be better to use that money to bring in better players?

If we spend the money getting rid of players, the players we can afford to bring in would be worse.

Realistically we will be left with around 16 players. Players that should, hopefully, be good enough as squad players in L2. That leaves us space to add quality.

Goalkeepers:

Connor Ripley

Defenders:

Nathan Smith

Jesse Debrah

Dan Jones

Alex Iacovitti

Mitch Clark

Ben Lomax (Loan out)

Midfielders:

Ben Garrity

Ethan Chislet

Funso Ojo

Tom Sang

Connor Grant

James Plant

Jack Shorrock (loan out)

Forwards:

Baylee Dipepa

Ryan Loft

As for the out of contract players…

Jayson Leutwiler (If he’s a good cheap back up and he’s happy then why not)

James Wilson (out of contract but am torn - would offer him something if the deal is right for the club. If he’s injured he gets a basic wage, if he keeps fit and bangs another 15-20 goals in league two then pay him appropriately. He’s done it before and we know he is good enough).

Rhys Walters (good young player, keep and loan out or back up)

If we added a commanding, experienced leader of a centre half, two left backs, one right back, a couple of pacy wingers and a main striker I think we’ve got a good enough squad for L2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, PV1993 said:

My issue with just binning all the players off we don’t want is it will cost a lot of money.

Wouldn’t it be better to use that money to bring in better players?

If we spend the money getting rid of players, the players we can afford to bring in would be worse.

Realistically we will be left with around 16 players. Players that should, hopefully, be good enough as squad players in L2. That leaves us space to add quality.

Goalkeepers:

Connor Ripley

Defenders:

Nathan Smith

Jesse Debrah

Dan Jones

Alex Iacovitti

Mitch Clark

Ben Lomax (Loan out)

Midfielders:

Ben Garrity

Ethan Chislet

Funso Ojo

Tom Sang

Connor Grant

James Plant

Jack Shorrock (loan out)

Forwards:

Baylee Dipepa

Ryan Loft

As for the out of contract players…

Jayson Leutwiler (If he’s a good cheap back up and he’s happy then why not)

James Wilson (out of contract but am torn - would offer him something if the deal is right for the club. If he’s injured he gets a basic wage, if he keeps fit and bangs another 15-20 goals in league two then pay him appropriately. He’s done it before and we know he is good enough).

Rhys Walters (good young player, keep and loan out or back up)

If we added a commanding, experienced leader of a centre half, two left backs, one right back, a couple of pacy wingers and a main striker I think we’ve got a good enough squad for L2.

I thought Rhys Walters looked ready to play at L1 level as I watched him along side Ojo. We have a good core of players who will be very competitive at L2 if we sort out the defence and find a good striker - one based on the revolutionary concept that a striker should score 15 - 40 goals a season. 

At his most productive Loft managed 12 in 50 at Scunthorpe. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

Remember we were going for Quality not Quantity , whatever happened to that ?. Combine Uche and Loftys wages and we might get a decent, goalscoring striker.

That was allegedly our mantra.

Instead we've basically had average to poor squad fillers who end up playing 25 plus games. Bit us on the backside. 

• Thanks 1

I looked at an article on Alfie May, he had a 20-(23% BBC) conversation rate (some give lower stats) for his 23 goals. So he had 98 shots. Ours have, well not a lot!

We do not create enough chances for our non existent forwards anyway. So that also needs addressing.

Then we also cannot defend so that needs looking at.

DM is going to be very busy 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

I looked at an article on Alfie May, he had a 20-(23% BBC) conversation rate (some give lower stats) for his 23 goals. So he had 98 shots. Ours have, well not a lot!

We do not create enough chances for our non existent forwards anyway. So that also needs addressing.

Then we also cannot defend so that needs looking at.

DM is going to be very busy 🙂

Good point. It was clear we never created enough chances regardless of how bad the strikers are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, man in the pub said:

Remember we were going for Quality not Quantity , whatever happened to that ?. Combine Uche and Loftys wages and we might get a decent, goalscoring striker.

We need more than 3 strikers. If we had a decent bloke that’s Wilson, Dipepa and the decent bloke. 

That’s not enough. We needed Wilson, Dipepa, Uche, Loft, Harrison AND a top tier decent bloke. 

• Like 1