onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

5 hours ago, Santa said:

I'd love to know what Moore's own thoughts are with regard to relegation.

I'm sure his plan was to keep us up and he will have received assurances regarding his budget for next season when he came. Otherwise I don't think he comes in the first place.

Being in League Two will not have been a contingency. I wonder if this changes his thinking as to whether he wants to even be here.

If you had said to me not even a year ago that Darren Moore would be Port Vale manager I would have been amazed. Nor would I have believed how his stock had plummeted since he got Sheffield Wednesday through the play offs. However from his point of view he has made some pretty catastrophic career decisions in that time.

I aren't that sure Santa,i do think he will know a budget for both scenarios( I guess if he stays then it will be a decent League 2 budget or else why would he stay). I actually think Carol now knows what a balls up she has made and so despite what some think about what the budget will be,I think she wants to try and get us back up at the first attempt(hard that is though) whatever the cost.... only my opinion

• Like 1

Advert

I was originally of the opinion that he shouldn't be judged at all really until next season. But by the time the season has finished he will have had plenty of games to have made some sort of impression. What has he showed us? That he has mastered the art of Ermm? He's genuinely given the team nothing that Crosby couldn't have. Only Crosby at least gave a decent post match interview now and again. Moore comes across as someone who has to Google how to put a Kinder Egg toy together. Clueless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

I was originally of the opinion that he shouldn't be judged at all really until next season. But by the time the season has finished he will have had plenty of games to have made some sort of impression. What has he showed us? That he has mastered the art of Ermm? He's genuinely given the team nothing that Crosby couldn't have. Only Crosby at least gave a decent post match interview now and again. Moore comes across as someone who has to Google how to put a Kinder Egg toy together. Clueless.

At the end of the day whether you rate Moore or not, I personally don’t.

Managers are only interested in the Money.

Moore would not have come on a shorter or Rolling Contract based on Success.

I have listened to Steve Evans’s Club Interviews and how great a season Stevenage have being having etc and then today, at the drop of a hat he jumps Ship and goes to Rotherham.

Fans are loyal, Managers are in a Job.

That is why I can’t understand some Fans not blaming Moore.

The players are inferior to a lot in the league but a Manager worth his Salt should have got more points.

Maidstone United for example their manager knew their players were inferior but set them up accordingly and they beat 3 League Teams was it in the FA Cup including Ipswich and Stevenage.

3 wins out of 4.

Moore’s won 2 out of 15 is it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JS Valiant said:

At the end of the day whether you rate Moore or not, I personally don’t.

Managers are only interested in the Money.

Moore would not have come on a shorter or Rolling Contract based on Success.

I have listened to Steve Evans’s Club Interviews and how great a season Stevenage have being having etc and then today, at the drop of a hat he jumps Ship and goes to Rotherham.

Fans are loyal, Managers are in a Job.

That is why I can’t understand some Fans not blaming Moore.

The players are inferior to a lot in the league but a Manager worth his Salt should have got more points.

Maidstone United for example their manager knew their players were inferior but set them up accordingly and they beat 3 League Teams was it in the FA Cup including Ipswich and Stevenage.

3 wins out of 4.

Moore’s won 2 out of 15 is it.

I don't get this notion you often see here, the "even Guardiola or Klopp wouldn't make a difference, blah blah". While I don't think any manager could really make a significant difference, I agree with that, I certainly think another manager could have got us X amount more points during this time. We've just lost two extremely winnable home games against average, mid-table teams not playing for anything other than a bit of pride for crying out loud.

However you look at it, Moore has been a disaster so far. He should be chomping at the bit to get us going in League Two next season as the last year or two of his career has been an absolute shambles and his reputation on the verge of being in tatters.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

A Manager is paid to get the best results that they possibly can, whatever industry that you work in. And in the Football industry you're paid quite well to do that, Moore for me isn't worth the 5 year deal nor the wages that'll be going on his bank. 

2 wins out of 15 is utter sh**e. Whatever way you look at it.

Granted they aren't his players but listen listen his post match interviews, that wouldn't inspire my dog to f****** run around. And he's zooming at walkies😅.

I can't see us getting rid of him but I think the best thing for Port Vale is a complete revamp of the infrastructure of the club, what's that going to cost I don't know. I just don't think that Moore is up for it personally, complete lack of personality and fight. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I was happy that we got Moore, though not so sure the timing of Crosby's departure was beneficial to anyone.

15 games later having witnessed a weak underbelly, lack of desire and professionalism at times, my thoughts now are that Moore is not the man and never will be. I assume Crosby told Carol and Flitcroft a few home truths prior to his sacking. For me Moore's appointment counts as one of very many critical errors of judgement from the top. Between them they have ruined what should have been a pathway onwards and upwards following May 22's promotion. Instead the wound became 'open' in January2023 until such time as now there is no hope of recovery. Moore has not impressed and regardless of people's thoughts on Andy Crosby, I firmly believe he would have done better, Arblaster or no Arblaster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MiddleportValiant said:

A Manager is paid to get the best results that they possibly can, whatever industry that you work in. And in the Football industry you're paid quite well to do that, Moore for me isn't worth the 5 year deal nor the wages that'll be going on his bank. 

Granted they aren't his players but listen listen his post match interviews, that wouldn't inspire my dog to f****** run around. And he's zooming at walkies😅.

I can't see us getting rid of him but I think the best thing for Port Vale is a complete revamp of the infrastructure of the club, what's that going to cost I don't know. I just don't think that Moore is up for it personally, complete lack of personality and fight. 

If he was a chocolate bar he would be a Freddo. He's just dull and uninspiring. I just cant fathom any player wanting to run through brick walls for him as many of them did for Clarke. Even Crosby for a while.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 3

At 1st thought would be good for us. Maybe ( if he stays) proves me wrong, but on what he's done so far I don't think he will be the manager that brings any success. Just read a stat and not checked it out, he is currently 5 wins in last 38 games from Huddersfield to us. That's sh*te at any level.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I was happy that we got Moore, though not so sure the timing of Crosby's departure was beneficial to anyone.

15 games later having witnessed a weak underbelly, lack of desire and professionalism at times, my thoughts now are that Moore is not the man and never will be. I assume Crosby told Carol and Flitcroft a few home truths prior to his sacking. For me Moore's appointment counts as one of very many critical errors of judgement from the top. Between them they have ruined what should have been a pathway onwards and upwards following May 22's promotion. Instead the wound became 'open' in January2023 until such time as now there is no hope of recovery. Moore has not impressed and regardless of people's thoughts on Andy Crosby, I firmly believe he would have done better, Arblaster or no Arblaster.

Agree with you definitely 

55 minutes ago, MiddleportValiant said:

Totally agree with your views 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

At 1st thought would be good for us. Maybe ( if he stays) proves me wrong, but on what he's done so far I don't think he will be the manager that brings any success. Just read a stat and not checked it out, he is currently 5 wins in last 38 games from Huddersfield to us. That's sh*te at any level.

It isn’t in Some Vale Fans eyes.

• Like 2

Not sure what our style of play is under Moore. We are certainly playing no different to the style (rubbish) under Crosby earlier in the season. Granted it is the same bunch of players with limited skill and no grit but I am not seeing any real football being played. I don't class our back four playing inept dot to dot passes to themselves as football. It's as though every manager we employ has the same instruction guide.

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Not sure what our style of play is under Moore. We are certainly playing no different to the style (rubbish) under Crosby earlier in the season. Granted it is the same bunch of players with limited skill and no grit but I am not seeing any real football being played. I don't class our back four playing inept dot to dot passes to themselves as football. It's as though every manager we employ has the same instruction guide.

We are playing a lot more direct than under Crosby. Problem is Loft cannot hold the ball up and Uche is far too slow, not getting any joy from the long balls. 

We are playing a lot more direct than under Crosby. Problem is Loft cannot hold the ball up and Uche is far too slow, not getting any joy from the long balls. 
We're not though, only when we are chasing the game like last night. I haven't seen any long ball play other than last night when I think we completely lost the plot and had no idea how to bypass the Wycombe back line.

We still faff around with it across the back in the first half of games, no real aim or.purpose to it, more playing to instruction. Perhaps the players get plus points for the numbers of passes. Look at the first minute of the game last night, absolutely comical attempts to pass the ball by players who are no where near good enough to play that way

Maybe I just don't get the current fashion in football to play all these passes at the back. However I don't see other teams playing this way against us

Maybe the time is right to have a break from it, not enjoying watching us lose most weeks. I've lost the passion just like the players

• Like 2

All our best footballs played through Chislett this long ball crap what does it achieve play through the lines quickly .

Get Cass back for last 2 tell him do what he usually does fly up the pitch Debrah looks so uncomfortable on ball as is Smith and Icavetti in fact I'd be going for it and play with just the 1 defensive minded player .

We never got any play going when chizzy went off he didn't use chislett first half v Peterboro where his quality could have rifled one home ,first half sat he was superb .

We need more like chizzy in my opinion .