onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices - Next Season

TEXAS

On 17/04/2024 at 18:25, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah , A lot hinges on that retained list 

Carol bite the bullet and bin off our bottle job players and then invest in some quality players to eradicate your mistakes regarding Fraudcroft and the players 😬👍

Easier said than done. You can’t bin off a contracted player unless you either pay them off or agree to a transfer for them.

• Like 1

Advert

34 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t think anyone is getting ripped off who buys a season ticket at Vale. Biggest issue is the entertainment and league 2 football is notably worse for that. 

True.

On the other hand, hopefully winning a lot more games and competing in the top half of the table should be a lot more entertaining than this season's fare has been.

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

Easier said than done. You can’t bin off a contracted player unless you either pay them off or agree to a transfer for them.

Hopefully a few of them do get paid off because they're no good to us when they've downed tools 

5 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Hopefully a few of them do get paid off because they're no good to us when they've downed tools 

I never agree with this pay off players to do nothing. Unless seriously injured or old servants who have done well for the club but can do no more. 

The idea of giving Loft a years’ wage or even a month to reward failure seems crazy. It sends out the message to any other future duffers that if you sign a contract with us, we will let you go with a pay off if you’re bad enough. 

He can be dropped sure, but the best thing to do is keep him as a bench warmer as back up to better. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I never agree with this pay off players to do nothing. Unless seriously injured or old servants who have done well for the club but can do no more. 

The idea of giving Loft a years’ wage or even a month to reward failure seems crazy. It sends out the message to any other future duffers that if you sign a contract with us, we will let you go with a pay off if you’re bad enough. 

He can be dropped sure, but the best thing to do is keep him as a bench warmer as back up to better. 

Agreed.

Ryan Loft is in contract for another season and will in all probability be here throughout next season.

Whatever other failings he may have, he never gave less than 100% commitment while on the pitch.

I'm looking forward to seeing what a long close-season of working with Lee Bradbury on his technical skills and awareness, followed by playing against League 2 standard defences, may do for Loft's confidence and goal return.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alan Vit said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what a long close-season of working with Lee Bradbury on his technical skills and awareness, followed by playing against League 2 standard defences, may do for Loft's confidence and goal return.

I'm not. 1 goal in 29, less career goals than one of our centre halves who's still in his 20s. Pay him up and replace.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Half of them give  pub players a bad name 

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'm not. 1 goal in 29, less career goals than one of our centre halves who's still in his 20s. Pay him up and replace.

There's already a need for two new senior strikers to add to the squad at significant cost, more than £200K p.a. (plus any transfer fees).

You're suggesting spending a further £100K+ to pay up an existing striker.

And then spending a further £100K+ wages (plus any transfer fee) to sign a third new striker.

Not a sensible use of a finite budget when other areas of the squad are also in need of renewing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

There's already a need for two new senior strikers to add to the squad at significant cost, more than £200K p.a. (plus any transfer fees).

You're suggesting spending a further £100K+ to pay up an existing striker.

And then spending a further £100K+ wages (plus any transfer fee) to sign a third new striker.

Not a sensible use of a finite budget when other areas of the squad are also in need of renewing.

Pissing so much money up the wall on Ryan Loft wasn't a sensible use of a finite budget.

If he's still leading the line next season good luck with ticket sales.

• Like 4

@Doha this is a thread about next season, 2024-2025.

If Darren and his staff do as expected in signings for next season, then there will be new strikers leading the line.

But Ryan Loft will, on the balance of probability, still be a paid member of the squad throughout the season.

So it makes financial and sporting sense, in the context of a 55-game season, to make the most of what Loft can contribute, as and when necessary due to squad rotation and injury.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If he is going to be retained, Dipepa needs to start regularly. I know we are unhappy with our strikers, and rightly so, but actually there is goals in Dipepa, Garrity and Chislett as forwards with another proven goal scorer at L1 / 2 being brought in as striker. So that leaves Wilson, Uche and Loft. If Uche could be got fully fit after a pre season I think he could be quite a force at L2 level. Wilson has to go because his contract is up and he's injury prone. Loft has another year, but surely a deal could be done to let him move elsewhere. What I'm proposing here doesn't break the bank. 

Then move back through the team. I think like Dipepa, Walters must play regularly and so too Plant and Shorrock. Ojo could be a classic older holding midfield player operating at L2 level. 

And then to the myriad of defenders we have. Oh God, I think the Exeter game was the final straw for me. Need a clear out. 

The trouble with clear outs is that it does cost. And attracting L1 defenders to a now L2 club won't be easy and has risk. 

I think it would help to stop playing wing backs and end up with 433. To me we will start off with a better team going forward and need to fix the back end most. I do think there is an issue with a lack of controlled aggression and physicality particularly defensively. 

I trust in Darren Moore. 

Edited by Warren