onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

On 13/04/2024 at 20:54, gavcradd said:

Agree to an extent. Carol's got the club at heart and is a brilliant owner in terms of intentions. We'll always have a club with her at the helm.

But. But. She's seriously neglected the first team at the expense of everything else and has swallowed too much of everyone else's bull. A season back in League Two might actually help her/us refocus on what the main priority actually is. How many Vale fans would swap the big screen and fancy restaurant for 10 more points this season? Virtually everyone I'd imagine. 

And some would still moan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert

On 13/04/2024 at 23:01, Guitar Ray said:

They’re employed to do a job, so yes.  The fact remains though that it’s the first team that’s truly failed so let’s hold those guys accountable.  We’ve already done that.  Sacked several managers and finally the DoF.  The fact is that recruiting these people is a complete lottery.  One look at those clowns next to the incinerator will tell you all you need to know on that score.  Whoever comes in can be good or bad, flip a coin.  Ultimately though, whoever is in the respective roles, if we get the player recruitment and development right it’ll all fall into place.  That’s all Carol needs to focus on.  Sounds easy doesn’t it.

Yes DF seems to have pulled the wool over Carol's eyes but Vale need the Shanahan family so less of the hurtful social media digs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, princesslear said:

Yes DF seems to have pulled the wool over Carol's eyes but Vale need the Shanahan family so less of the hurtful social media digs 

Having the wool pulled over your eyes is one thing. People make mistakes. But standing by that person to save face, further damaging the season, for as long as she did, while also trying to justify her decisions and tell everyone else just how very wrong they were, is something else entirely.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Just hope Carol doesn’t lose interest. Can’t see any big money spenders wanting to buy the club, certainly not to invest their own money in to the club and get the club to thrive. Carol has some big decisions to make, bring in the right personal, invest a higher percentage in to the playing side and we can turn things around again. Our biggest problem has left the club, get a decent recruitment team in and things can become better very quickly, look how many players we brought in on our promotion year, it can be done. 

Dono.would buy it if he became majority shareholder apparently he wanted 51% off the shares and carol was only willing to relinquish 49% , Carol saved us from oblivion but maybe she could have a rethink and give Dono a call 

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Just hope Carol doesn’t lose interest. Can’t see any big money spenders wanting to buy the club, certainly not to invest their own money in to the club and get the club to thrive. Carol has some big decisions to make, bring in the right personal, invest a higher percentage in to the playing side and we can turn things around again. Our biggest problem has left the club, get a decent recruitment team in and things can become better very quickly, look how many players we brought in on our promotion year, it can be done. 

I think that is the bottom line. The is a seriously moronic part of OVF who seem to truely believe there is a long queue of billionaires wanting to fund Vale. There isn't and until there is there is it's Carol or Barrett's Homes as realistic options. 

• Like 2

I really like Carol I really do and left to me the footballing gods be us winning 2-0 nil at Bolton Cambridge losing 5 -0 at home to promoted Derby and Vale beating Cambridge 3-0 with the most unlikeliest of great escapes .

What a mess Carol .

We have to be prepared for the worst now .

I'm surprised the team took it too 45 games how poor they have been .

Big job it's hard enough get punters in when doing well nevermind when losing 23 out of last 46 home games .

Good luck you going need it and deep pockets 

Personally if making you ill I'd say goodbye to it .

Sell up love for your own sake Vale fans are not very forgiving (mind you ain't all fans of any club like that the other day I'm hearing some Lpool fan moaning saying Klopp out what the same manager who as

you playing fantastic football more often than not ,it was a cringeworthy comment).

So do what's best for you CS you owe us nothing .

You must take responsibility for the efforts of your staff though ,if I performed as badly I'd be fired and they cannot hide away from appalling seasons work in managers seat and on pitch .

They have caused you be ill remember that not the fans the fans have being telling you we needed a striker or 2 or 3 ,ok recruitment tried but we didn't try hard enough and that's whats cost us and not buying the quality we obviously needed but more importantly not buying the strong characters needed.

Edited by Dipepa delight

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I think that is the bottom line. The is a seriously moronic part of OVF who seem to truely believe there is a long queue of billionaires wanting to fund Vale. There isn't and until there is there is it's Carol or Barrett's Homes as realistic options. 

Or maybe this moronic part of OVF just want a chairwoman who puts her hands up and admits she's been getting it wrong, and tell us what she plans to do to start getting things right. Instead of sending out open letters insisting how she has been right all along and most others wrong.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

I really like Carol I really do and left to me the footballing gods be us winning 2-0 nil at Bolton Cambridge losing 5 -0 at home to promoted Derby and Vale beating Cambridge 3-0 with the most unlikeliest of great escapes .

What a mess Carol .

We have to be prepared for the worst now .

I'm surprised the team took it too 45 games how poor they have been .

Big job it's hard enough get punters in when doing well nevermind when losing 23 out of last 46 home games .

Good luck you going need it and deep pockets 

Personally if making you ill I'd say goodbye to it .

Sell up love for your own sake Vale fans are not very forgiving (mind you ain't all fans of any club like that the other day I'm hearing some Lpool fan moaning saying Klopp out what the same manager who as

you playing fantastic football more often than not ,it was a cringeworthy comment).

So do what's best for you CS you owe us nothing .

You must take responsibility for the efforts of your staff though ,if I performed as badly I'd be fired and they cannot hide away from appalling seasons work in managers seat and on pitch .

They have caused you be ill remember that not the fans the fans have being telling you we needed a striker or 2 or 3 ,ok recruitment tried but we didn't try hard enough and that's whats cost us and not buying the quality we obviously needed but more importantly not buying the strong characters needed.

She probably would now at the right price. The price will drop with relegation. 

One thing I will say is that when things we're going well, Carol's face seemed to be everywhere. Since things have gone <ovf censored> up it's almost like she hides away. You can't just expect constant praise in football whether you're a player, a member of staff or in this case the owner.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Having the wool pulled over your eyes is one thing. People make mistakes. But standing by that person to save face, further damaging the season, for as long as she did, while also trying to justify her decisions and tell everyone else just how very wrong they were, is something else entirely.

Maybe you’re standing by that person with the wool still firmly pulled over your eyes though.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe you’re standing by that person with the wool still firmly pulled over your eyes though.

I get that. And doing so was her biggest mistake. Mistakes happen, and can be forgiven. Just want her to take accountability for her actions this season and show us all she's determined to put things right. She was taken for a mug by Flitcroft and she can't let that happen again, for her sake or the clubs.

Edited by Valiiant

6 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Would a rousing chant of her name help at the last game to show that the fans are behind Carol and we wish her health well first and foremost.

Good idea. Don’t forget to follow it up with a rousing rendition of “David Flitcroft, he’s one of our own” 🙄

• Haha 6

Just now, Valiiant said:

I get that. And doing so was her biggest mistake. Mistakes happen, and can be forgiven. Just want her to take accountability for her actions this season and show us all she's determined to put things right. She was taken for a mug by Flitcroft and she can't let that happen again, for her sake or the clubs.

As you say, mistakes happen, and can be forgiven.  But what’s to forgive?  An error of judgment.  So what do you want?  Some sort of grovelling apology for that?  Why not simply let the club have their inquest, as per Matt Hancock, and state their findings.  Discuss.  Move forward.  End of.

• Like 4